bloody petition

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
signed.

Even if you don't support my views, I suggest everyone sign

seconded.

we are losing nothing over this guys, and it doesn't necessarly mean you're making a big deal out of it.

neo>all

Super nO0b
I totally agree, bring back the blood. It just makes sense, when playing with swords it's inevitable.

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Ive signed as I agree that the blood effects make up part of the atmosphere of the SS series, but I disagree with the wording of the petition itself :annoyed:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
lol, 12 signatures.....

If only there was a way Kuroko could be playable as I take those flags and murderslice Cham Cham/(Nako/Rimu)ruru.

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
online pettetions dont do shit. Or so i heard. And look at the facts, has any online pettition been met?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I would deem the censoring of blood and body cuts more harmful for children to see because it breeds a misconception of swords and sharp tools being harmless.
-BB

mykockle

n00b
aegreatone said:
online pettetions dont do shit. Or so i heard. And look at the facts, has any online pettition been met?

From my experience, you are right, but then again... If this has any weight what so ever, then it could do something down the line if sales are deemed "dissapointing". We may get a fixed version, or something like, but I doubt this will have any impact on the initial game release unless SNKP are not telling us something...

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
BIG BEAR said:
I would deem the censoring of blood and body cuts more harmful for children to see because it breeds a misconception of swords and sharp tools being harmless.
-BB

:lol: That's one of the things that always bothered me about Looney Toons. I mean they were dropping anvils and crap left and right.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
mykockle said:
From my experience, you are right, but then again... If this has any weight what so ever, then it could do something down the line if sales are deemed "dissapointing". We may get a fixed version, or something like, but I doubt this will have any impact on the initial game release unless SNKP are not telling us something...

They're not telling you something alright, the fact that they don't even care. They have these loke tests for a reason, if the people who showed up didn't say anything about it, I doubt anything will be done about it.

msb_1971

n00b
I'm #15!

Not many...
But lets all do our part. Do online petitions do anything? We'll find out. I say it's better than doing nothing.

I don't see why there cant be an option to add it.

MSB

mykockle

n00b
Mark of the Wolves said:
They're not telling you something alright, the fact that they don't even care. They have these loke tests for a reason, if the people who showed up didn't say anything about it, I doubt anything will be done about it.

Good point... there's no telling what the average Japanese gamer is commenting to SNKP. I would be curious to see what the Japanese press is saying specifically about the tests and lack of blood etc. If they did the tests here in the US, I know for sure it would be a big factor, but how much does the lack of blood upset Japanese gamers?

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
alright alright, i signed it. 16 signer. holla

edit: but still, dont be suprise they dont change shit, you could have the whole board sign it and i bet it dont even get looked at. Sorry for hating. It's a nice effort. But i seen allot of "pettitions" in my days and i've never seen the idea work.

mykockle

n00b
aegreatone said:
alright alright, i signed it. 16 signer. holla

edit: but still, dont be suprise they dont change shit, you could have the whole board sign it and i bet it dont even get looked at. Sorry for hating. It's a nice effort. But i seen allot of "pettitions" in my days and i've never seen the idea work.

Chances are very slim.

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
mykockle said:
Chances are very slim.

if you get a snk spokesman to say "we read your pettition and we agree to your demands". if you do that, i'll print this topic up and eat it. so you can say ya'll made the one eat his words. holla

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
BIG BEAR said:
-BB
Touche, nicely done...it'd be pretty funny to see anyone on the other side of the argument field that one
:D

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
Kazuki Dash said:
Touche, nicely done...it'd be pretty funny to see anyone on the other side of the argument field that one

i got an argument for big bear, SNK just dont wanna offend America. They still think America thinks violence is too taboo when it comes to games. They got a point. Look at what the senators of america are doin to the GTA series. They making a big deal over it.

Kazuki Dash

aegreatone said:
i got an argument for big bear, SNK just dont wanna offend America. They still think America thinks violence is too taboo when it comes to games. They got a point. Look at what the senators of america are doin to the GTA series. They making a big deal over it.
That would be true if the case were the omission of blood only in the American release, but we're talking about no blood in any version of the game at all. Basically, SNKP's paranoia has hit new highs.

Haohmaru777

Crossed Swords Squire
Rebuttal

Kazuki Dash said:

I'll field that one....
i have an idea................ How about you control your freaking kid and don't let him/her play it if you're so concerned? The age group you must be referring to must be fairly young if they are interpreting it that way.........and if you can't directly control what your kid plays, watches, at that age, you are ONE sorry parent. TRULY. :rolleyes:

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
Kazuki Dash said:
That would be true if the case were the omission of blood only in the American release, but we're talking about no blood in any version of the game at all. Basically, SNKP's paranoia has hit new highs.

alright, but maybe japan is having the same issues america is having over violence, you gotta remember, most video games are looked upon in socities as "childish". And you know, people gonna bitch just to bitch, that's all they do.

Kazuki Dash

Haohmaru777 said:
...and if you can't directly control what your kid plays, watches, at that age, you are ONE sorry parent. TRULY. :rolleyes:
Yes. Now if only the general public would figure this one out...
:smirk:

aegreatone said:
And you know, people gonna bitch just to bitch, that's all they do.
And yes. It's just too bad that SNKP is so cowardly the allow the slightest breeze to affect how they change arcade releases...at least the old SNK would hold off on any changes/omissions until the home versions...

Haohmaru777

Crossed Swords Squire
Yep.

Kazuki Dash said:
Yes. Now if only the general public would figure this one out...
:smirk:

And yes. It's just too bad that SNKP is so cowardly the allow the slightest breeze to affect how they change arcade releases...at least the old SNK would hold off on any changes/omissions until the home versions...

Thanks for recognizing that- I (and everyone else I am sure) am beYOND sick and tired of these lame parents blaming the game industry/ movie industry/ music industry for the way their kid behaves, or for the trouble they cause/ get into. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHILD. PERIOD. And while you're doing that, STFU.

That last part about the changes and them waiting? Man,you are SOOO right.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I completely agree with your statement but you know as well as I do we have an increasing amount of parents with zero parenting skills who are very careless when with their children's welfare.
I am in favor of the blood and body cuts and believe that censoring of this nature lends to childhood tragedies to clarify things. Children are very impressionable and it's not a far fetched notion that young Billy could get his hands on a steak knife and plunge it into his baby brother because he's acting out what he saw in the video game.
The worst thing that could possibly happen is baby brother will just fall to the ground and get right back up right?
-BB

Haohmaru777 said:
I'll field that one....
i have an idea................ How about you control your freaking kid and don't let him/her play it if you're so concerned? The age group you must be referring to must be fairly young if they are interpreting it that way.........and if you can't directly control what your kid plays, watches, at that age, you are ONE sorry parent. TRULY. :rolleyes:

Haohmaru777

Crossed Swords Squire
Response

BIG BEAR said:
I completely agree with your statement but you know as well as I do we have an increasing amount of parents with zero parenting skills who are very careless when with their children's welfare.
I am in favor of the blood and body cuts and believe that censoring of this nature lends to childhood tragedies to clarify things. Children are very impressionable and it's not a far fetched notion that young Billy could get his hands on a steak knife and plunge it into his baby brother because he's acting out what he saw in the video game.
The worst thing that could possibly happen is baby brother will just fall to the ground and get right back up right?
-BB

Wow. Bear, you've really got a good point. Just because these people aren't parenting their kids appropriately doesn't mean the problem isn't what it is. I really respect that. Although, I would also like to add -what does this mean? That we censor everything entertainment related from now on just to cater to the people who choose to behave irresponsibly? So because of this, we just suffer because of what some crackheads kid might or might not do? Man, I can't swallow that-I don't have any kids for a reason, I'll be damned if I just signed up to parent someone elses' kid, ya know? Tell me what you think.