BOTM August poll

August BOTM

• Total voters

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Been asked to sub for Whisper this month. I'm hoping I've made some decent picks.

Anyway, with only a week left in this month let the voting commence!

1. Armored Warriors (CPS2/MAME)
2. Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis)
3. Undercover Cops (PCB/MAME/SNES)
4. Crude Buster/Two Crude Dudes (PCB/MAME/Sega Genesis)

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cool picks. However I'd like to note that Undercover Cops was April's game, and it had maybe, three participants total.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Cool picks. However I'd like to note that Undercover Cops was April's game, and it had maybe, three participants total.

Ahh, looked back at the last several polls, but I guess I didn't look back far enough. Oh well, I don't think I can edit my poll anyway. I'll just stay the course and something else will probably get voted.

EDIT:Anyway, I'm going to be voting Crude Buster! :glee:

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
armored warriors/powered gear got my vote.
giant robots and body swapping? hell yes.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm going with Streets. Just did a Crude Buster run not to long ago.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Crude Buster hmm. Altered Beast deja vu? Singled plane action games are not beat 'em ups.

Eh, you're right, but close enough I suppose. I only put it up there because AB was one of the previous BOTMs. Not like it matters when Armored Warriors looks to be the favorite so far. :p

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Crude Buster hmm. Altered Beast deja vu? Singled plane action games are not beat 'em ups.

Yeah I would have to agree. It's more like an action platformer.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
"Armored Warriors, Huh? How many people do you think can stomach this game for a month".

"I don't know, if I can't, who can?"

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I was really hoping for Streets.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Streets is a great game, for sure.
But wasn't it the botm a little bit back?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Aw yea, Streets of Rage!

I wish I had known Undercover Cops was April, that game is quite fun!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
SoR!
Now everyone go vote in the SOTM thread if you already haven't.. (not so shameless plug)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Geez, I kind of hate fueling the machine of the familiar/common place, but I'm going to have to vote SOR1.

Armored Warriors is obviously a superior game as far as challenge and demand..but it's too demanding.
Seriously, it's one of Capcom's toughest beat 'em ups. I think the few participating will loose their patience fast.

SOR on the other hand, will be a game with a very level playing field as far as challenge (the challenge is low..enter :scoring) and accessibility, which could ultimately foster a decent turn out of participants.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Just throwing it out there - you guys should consider Violent Storm in the coming months. Terry330 and I beasted our way through that one a couple weeks ago, and the game is awesome. Probably one of the top few beat-em-ups I've played, and frequently overlooked.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I voted Powered Gear - it's one i've only waded gently into and would love a reason to dedicate time to it.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Come on Streets!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Just throwing it out there - you guys should consider Violent Storm in the coming months. Terry330 and I beasted our way through that one a couple weeks ago, and the game is awesome. Probably one of the top few beat-em-ups I've played, and frequently overlooked.

Violent Storm is one of the best.

However A. The Japanese version is the version worth playing for the extends B. It's a game I'm sure very few potential participants own regardless of region. I get the sense that most of the participants for these competition don't like MAMEing it up.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Well, it was close, and despite my earlier prediction of Armored Warriors. Streets of Rage has been voted August's BOTM. Since I'm still up, because I can't seem to sleep since it's so damn hot outside. I'll go ahead and make the scoring thread.