Buying Neo Geo games in Japan!

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Don't know what happened to my attachments there. I will upload them again as I am sure there will be some people here that will enjoy looking at the carts and the prices. Here goes:

various AES 2.jpg

various AES.jpg

03_SSS.jpg

various AES 3.jpg

All these are titles for sale at Trader in Akihabara, apart from the last one which is from Super Potato, same location.

Last edited:

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Here are the 'wanted' posters at Trader.... which surprisingly enough do not offer a lot of cash for homecarts (when compared to what they sell them for especially).

AES wanted 2.jpgAES wanted 3.jpgAES wanted.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm surprised Hit-Japan hasn't scooped up everything, that guy is a flipper jerk.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
man those aes prices are sad to look at! mvs and pgm games dont look too bad in price. Hoping i can find some deals when i head out there next year

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
lol those prices, 72000 for double dragon.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, Japan retail makes eBay prices look good.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I think I threw a couple of those carts away a decade ago.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...I am sure there will be some people here that will enjoy looking at the carts and the prices.

Absolutely, thanks a lot!

...which surprisingly enough do not offer a lot of cash for homecarts (when compared to what they sell them for especially).

I don't know, partly: yes, like the 60k offered for Andro Dunos. But 60.000 for Matrimelee & 150.000 for RotD/Sengoku 2001 are almost eBay level. Seems that Noise Factory games are very hot in Nippon. Also quite high for an acquisition price offered by a store are the $755 for MotW.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
made the same experience when I spent a month in Japan this april.

Prices are through the roof, even sunfaded and terrible looking carts fetched high prices.

LOL at Double Dragon - I paid 400$ at Super Potato for it just 3 months ago.

btw - a well used strategy bei ALL retro shops in Japan: if a game does not sell > drop the price. If it sells > raise the price the next day :D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hoping i can find some deals when i head out there next year
if you go to Japan, do anything but shop for video games. There are so many and so much better things to do/experience there.

xorthen

Banned
I'm surprised Hit-Japan hasn't scooped up everything, that guy is a flipper jerk.

He didn't used to be back in the day. I pretty much spent around $1000 on a shit load of AES games. Walked away with Top Hunter, SSIV, V, KOF 2002, KOF 95,96,97,98,99, and the Last Blade. Those were the days man.

My guess for the rising price is that Japan figured out that tons of Gaijin were ransacking their stuff so they purposely jacked the prices up in order to quell/preserve some of their stock.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
..well I had discussions with Japanese retro collectors who argued that foreigners should be banned from buying retro games in Japan....

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
22000 Yen on that Supergun isn't a bad price. I love that stick :cool:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't know, partly: yes, like the 60k offered for Andro Dunos. But 60.000 for Matrimelee & 150.000 for RotD/Sengoku 2001 are almost eBay level. Seems that Noise Factory games are very hot in Nippon. Also quite high for an acquisition price offered by a store are the $755 for MotW.

Yep, some of those wanted price are well over ebay level. They give you 150,000 Yen for Sengoku Denshou 2001? I wonder at what price they will try to sell it (with emphasis on try) :scratch: