Cabs are finally on the way, have some questions

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
This process started in August and STI has my cabs and they are on the way as of today. Super exited
0BD373F7-009D-4B81-BA88-E7420509E73E.jpeg

So
I need to know what paint to use on the NNC cause that yellow has to go.
I need to paint match the black on the noir. Any suggestions?
What else should I do to them straight away?
What’s the deal with step downs? Should these both be 100V?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Have a body shop spray the cab if you want the best paint job, it'll probably cost about 3/4 the price you paid for the cab though. Second best, borrow an air compressor and pick up a $35 paint sprayer and a quart or two of decent white auto paint, should cost about $100 total. Aside from that, anything in a rattle can is gonna look like not so even and isn't durable and will scratch and chip...

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I was gonna just do the bezel. I have a 20 year old auto body diploma. I can do wonders wiTh rattle can. The noir has a little bit of rust at the bottom of the cp and I want to do a touch up on it both can be done in my spare bathroom.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
why not pull the front and just hit it with a metric ton of hydrogen peroxide and UV light? big job but could work well

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
why not pull the front and just hit it with a metric ton of hydrogen peroxide and UV light? big job but could work well

Could go that route, retrobrite can bring some life to yellowing SNES and Saturns

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I used Duplicolor Candy White BVW2041 + clearcoat on the yellowed parts of my Neo Candy. Turned out pretty good.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I am definitely not retro brightening it, thats for sure. I like the idea of vinyl dye. either that or painting it. I bought that Novus for the plastics.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
They just showed up, now to get some people to help with these steps.