California Cannabis Law - 2019 updates (THC issue?)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm in San Diego county & have been purchasing THC oil("RSO" - cancer treatment) for $25/g from a business in Orange County. I only go through this place as the best price I can find the stuff locally is $40/g.
Anyway, I just received an email from this business tonight informing me that they won't be offering THC oil after Jan 9th. Apparently due to new revisions that are going into effect then.

I tried looking up the new revisions on the state's website, but it was filled with tons of mumbo jumbo about CBD/THC measurement reports & labelling. Does anyone here know exactly what's going on?

I don't want to have to resort to paying more to someone who's producing the stuff in his/her backyard... (hopefully I don't have to)

:(

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm in San Diego county & have been purchasing THC oil("RSO" - cancer treatment) for $25/g from a business in Orange County. I only go through this place as the best price I can find the stuff locally is $40/g.
Anyway, I just received an email from this business tonight informing me that they won't be offering THC oil after Jan 9th. Apparently due to new revisions that are going into effect then.

I tried looking up the new revisions on the state's website, but it was filled with tons of mumbo jumbo about CBD/THC measurement reports & labelling. Does anyone here know exactly what's going on?

I don't want to have to resort to paying more to someone who's producing the stuff in his/her backyard... (hopefully I don't have to)

:(

It could be that their distributor is aligning with a new rival.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It'd be nice if they started this here but it'll never happen in Australia, we're so 'sin' focused here.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It'd be nice if they started this here but it'll never happen in Australia, we're so 'sin' focused here.

Yeah, soon you’ll have school massacres and you’ll be wondering, like the US, if there’s mental health issues, ignoring that the entire juvenile indoctrination system built on sin guilt is the problem.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah, soon you’ll have school massacres and you’ll be wondering, like the US, if there’s mental health issues, ignoring that the entire juvenile indoctrination system built on sin guilt is the problem.

Those massacres will be with knives or forks the way we're going. We're lucky our gun laws were struck down when they were, if they weren't we'd be just like the US.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Those massacres will be with knives or forks the way we're going. We're lucky our gun laws were struck down when they were, if they weren't we'd be just like the US.

Ok, but your “knives” are called machetes FYI.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So, the hemp "legalization" was all a front to go after CBD products?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So, the hemp "legalization" was all a front to go after CBD products?
That's how it's going in Arizona. The government doesn't mind the weed or its infusion into baked goods however the oil...they're against that.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
For anyone who cares to know... I've done extensive research on applying cannabis for cancer treatment. I've even gone as far as to communicate with patients via the internet and in person. Why? My father died from cancer & someone extremely special/close to me has terminal cancer(don't want to go into detail on exactly what type).

Firstly... don't bother with CBD alone. That stuff can help with pain relief, anti-inflammatory, seizure preventative, etc... It can also help slow down/stop certain types of cancer cells from multiplying. It is also effective when used with chemotherapy/radiation therapy.

The true "cancer killer" however is THC(the stuff that makes you high). It has been shown in laboratory tests to kill cancer cells. I've even confirmed with patients who I've both spoken to and met with who've used it to treat their cancer.

For recreational/preventative means, edibles/tinctures are fine. I guess if you smoke a lot to that could help(although I wouldn't consider that an ideal method). What you need is actual concentrated THC oil.
The most common practice(for cancer treatment) is to build up a tolerance so that you can consume 1g(1000mg)/day. You basically keep that up until your cancer is gone. How long you keep this up depends on what type of cancer you have & how advanced it is. As little as 3 - 4 months... but some people have gone for 1 year +

The problem though is that it's pricey and not covered by medical insurance. Most places that produce the stuff charge around $40 - 50/g. When you have to take that amount every day, it's well over $1,000/m.
I've been fortunate to find a place that produces quality oils and has been charging me $25/g.... at least up until Jan 9th.

They did tell me this however:

When recreational marijuana was legalized in 2016, this came with an on set of many new regulations. It also only allowed us to operate as a collective until January 9th of 2019, after that we can no longer distribute directly to customers. The new law forces us to have to go through various channels of manufacturing and distribution which only allow our products to be available via licensed dispensaries.
Unfortunately we don’t have any control over the cannabis bureau’s decisions on how to regulate the market we just have to follow their laws.
Labeling and testing are only two of the new regulations that were imposed, there are many others that prohibit us from continuing to operate as we did under the old 215 prop law.
As of right now we unfortunately do not have any further information as to what locations you’ll be able to obtain our products, we are working on that as we speak. We will send email updates as we get more information.
We are so sorry about this we wish we could have more answers.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
<-- someone that has studied cancer for 20 years.

You'd be better off staying healthy, working out, and avoiding processed foods if inherited cancer runs in the family. If someone is terminal, then certainly throw everything at it, but don't expect THC to cure anything. I know there are folks that think it can help w/ glioblastoma, which is awful, but don't throw your money at snake oil.

There are absolutely no peer studies whatsoever that show any cannabis derived products help remove cancer. In fact, many preliminary studies show the exact opposite. They are fantastic for alleviating almost all of the symptoms.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm not relying on cannabis exclusively. In addition, also using probiotic pills, propolis pills, lots of turmeric, ginger, kimchi, juicing/greens, green/match tea... Avoiding processed foods and sugar.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
inherited cancer runs in the family

Yeah, huge problem in my family. It's on both sides. I work out and try to avoid processed foods, etc., but I can't ever shake the feeling that it'll come for me one day. I sort of have no choice but to live like everything can be taken away from me in an instant, which I suppose isn't a bad thing.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
oh and P.S.
Here's a bit from the official CANCER.GOV website regarding cannabis:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq#link/_13

Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using Cannabis or cannabinoids?
Preclinical studies of cannabinoids have investigated the following:

Antitumor activity

Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.
A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.
A review of 34 studies of cannabinoids in glioma tumor models found that all but one study showed that cannabinoids can kill cancer cells without harming normal cells.
A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
mouse model's and preliminary studies are not how i would design my cancer therapy. Promising pathways generally have 100's of positive papers and studies. There are only two from peer-reviewed trials, and one is only an abstract. I can tell you that big pharma does not care about the stigma of any promising cannabis-related therapy. If there's a slight chance of success, then big pharma goes in hard. There's nothing that suggests CBD or THC does anything more than a plate of broccoli. There are 1000's of household products that will have positive results in small mouse models and cell culture trials.

Even worse, there are peer reviewed studies that showed cannabinoids suppress the immune system which greatly increases your chances of getting cancer. We know that very well. Organ transplant patients rarely die from rejection now because immuno-suppressants work quite well. They die from the cancers that grow when you suppress the immune system for years. Your body naturally kills cancer cells all the time. This suppression is one way cancers emerge in people. Moreover, the majority of new chemotherapy's are based on helping your own immune system eliminate cancer. I would never want to mess with my only real chance of survival.

My former colleague is Chief Scientific Officer at a company that has done more genomic research on Cannabis than anyone. His life is based on studying Cannabis. He would absolutely be campaigning for more studies if he thought there was scientific value.

If you know someone terminal, then feel free to throw every TCM at them. I'd probably skip the probiotic's and propolis pills as well. None of that is getting into your system, and you are already eating fermented veggies. The fermented veggies should be providing all the probiotic you'll ever need. Stuff sold in pill form rarely has any active ingredients, and never gets into your blood stream. It's just wasted $$$.

Updated in May 2018
https://scienceblog.cancerresearchu...-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/

You are misinterpreting NIH's site.
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
<-- someone that has studied cancer for 20 years.

You'd be better off staying healthy, working out, and avoiding processed foods if inherited cancer runs in the family. If someone is terminal, then certainly throw everything at it, but don't expect THC to cure anything. I know there are folks that think it can help w/ glioblastoma, which is awful, but don't throw your money at snake oil.

There are absolutely no peer studies whatsoever that show any cannabis derived products help remove cancer. In fact, many preliminary studies show the exact opposite. They are fantastic for alleviating almost all of the symptoms.

From what I understand, no one has said marijuana cures cancer, just takes the pain away and makes you feel good.

On topic, I have taken three marijuanas in my life and of those three times, only one time was good. The third and last time I had a very, very bad trip in Cambodia.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Weed has been legal here for 2 months and honestly nothing feels different. Cops thought there would be a huge increase in DUIs but there wasnt at all. Ironically pot has been more difficult to find since legalization because of supply issues and harsh laws surrounding dealing outside of the legal framework. Australia definitely has some pretty conservative governments but you never know.