Car Enthusiast Thread

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think a last gen prelude that is clean, is as sexy as some rx-7's.

Finding a clean one is prolly damn near impossible.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
huh. i didnt think there was a market for em.
but i guess that sub 200 H.P. VTEC power is intense. weeeerrrrrr

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I think a last gen prelude that is clean, is as sexy as some rx-7's.

It is.

It's seriously a very clean, modern and classic japanese design -- it actually shares proportions with the R34 GT-R

44764volk4-med.jpg

11t8q34.jpg

f-2.jpg

vwbabe84

New Challenger
my cats are called cayenne and jetta. and had a cat called touareg.
so cats and cars can match.
but i am watching le mans 24 hr now and become sleepy sometimes but must stay awake.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I love those H22's.

Stout ass block that you can throw plenty of boost and drive pressure at.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I should post here more often.

I'm really thinking about getting a Mustang. Yea or ney?

Depends on what kind I'd say.

Top Gear returns in two weeks!

Oh yea.... lol Fiat buying Chrysler. I really hope the 500 comes to America.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Well, I've had the Imprezza STI about 6 weeks now, and I can honestly say...

I LOVE it!

It's an absolute blast to drive, and extremely fast too. So much so that I haven't really scratched the surface of its performance, but am working on it.

Still not 100% used to it yet, and there are still a few things I have yet to try, like the cruise control, but at this point I'm totally satisfied with it, and really glad I got it.

Photo.jpg

Photo taken in a car park at Fuji Speedway.

aria

Former Moderator
Mushiki

Since this thread could peripherally involve road trips, I have a question for you:

How realistic is it to go on a road trip from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego?

I've been to Buenos Aires before, and I always assumed the rest of Argentina, though much more provincial, is totally safe to drive through. I've been debating about taking a week or two, flying down to Buenos Aires (which is much cheaper than I realized), renting a car and driving. If I can stand driving through Iowa or North Dakota, I can handle the flat parts of Patagonia.

What do you think?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I love the look of that gen Prelude.

As far as the Mustang goes, the latest design is a bit of s step back, IMO. They really got the retro styling right with the 2005, but the most recent resdign takes it a little in the wrong direction, though it still looks decent. I would expect some new engine offereings within a couple of years, though; there are rumours about a turbocharged 6 cylinder option and possibly a new 8 cylinder to go along with the base engine. The recent redesign is using the same engines as the previous generation, which are a little outdated compared to what's being offered in the Mustang's direct competitors (the Camaro is a good example).

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Mushiki

Since this thread could peripherally involve road trips, I have a question for you:

How realistic is it to go on a road trip from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego?

I've been to Buenos Aires before, and I always assumed the rest of Argentina, though much more provincial, is totally safe to drive through. I've been debating about taking a week or two, flying down to Buenos Aires (which is much cheaper than I realized), renting a car and driving. If I can stand driving through Iowa or North Dakota, I can handle the flat parts of Patagonia.

What do you think?

It's totally possible.

I have family living in Rio Gallegos, which is pretty close to Ushuaia, and they sometimes drive all the way to Buenos Aires.

It's a really nice trip, long, but nice :D

aria

Former Moderator
It's totally possible.

I have family living in Rio Gallegos, which is pretty close to Ushuaia, and they sometimes drive all the way to Buenos Aires.

It's a really nice trip, long, but nice :D

How long do you think it would take? I'm going to have to gradually plan it and also recruit someone to come along.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
we should be talking more about hanafuda's impreza and less about Top Gear.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I'm excited. I started download the first episode of series 13 last night.

Did anyone see the Stig standing trackside at Silverstone during the British Grand Prix? They showed him briefly during the broadcast, without comment.