Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Are these still available in homecart? Was Kurtz in on this?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Are these still available in homecart? Was Kurtz in on this?

Nah brotha, the homecarts sold old out pretty much instantly. Yeah Raz, Kurtz, Rot and several others helped on this one to make it possible. Raz done a shit ton of work, re-working the inferior CD version IMO to make us this masterpiece. Big thanks to all the others behind the scene helping to push this piece to perfection. I can't wait to fire up my copy when I get home.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
A day late and $600 short as always...such is my lot in life.

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
I'm trying to sort this out but it seems easier to ask than browsing the posts (sorry my lazy ass ;)): are MVS copies still available? If so, price?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok, so.

Now that the MVS and AES kits and carts are sold out, what will be done with the future of this project? Will more carts be produced?

If not (and here's the 5 million dollar question), will the roms be released? Because I was assured that I would not need to worry about this, and here I am... worrying about it.

Nothing planned right now for another run but that might change, don't become to hopeful though.

You know the answer to the second already, I told you a few months back, see here.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am... worrying about it.

Why?... Genuine question... why do you need to know about a rom dump?

xROTx

PS. Think carefully before a reply... I'm sorta wondering Why the FUCK it matters... as Raz said he'd dump it when the guys who invested in the project by buying the AES and MVS carts were protected for a little while...

EDIT: I appreciate some guys would like to play the game... BUT... precedence should be set for the people who brought the AES and MVS carts before the freeloaders.... ANYONE have an issue with this thinking... they can PM me...

...i promise they'll enjoy the response...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Why?... Genuine question... why do you need to know about a rom dump?

xROTx

PS. Think carefully before a reply... I'm sorta wondering Why the FUCK it matters... as Raz said he'd dump it when the guys who invested in the project by buying the AES and MVS carts were protected for a little while...

EDIT: I appreciate some guys would like to play the game... BUT... precedence should be set for the people who brought the AES and MVS carts before the freeloaders.... ANYONE have an issue with this thinking... they can PM me...

...i promise they'll enjoy the response...

Because of two things:

1) I don't want to be left in the dust on this (I'd like to actually play this AND support the person that made it)
2) I don't want to pay 2nd hand markup due to limited availability

I went over this previously in this thread, and in another. Raz did the heavy lifting, and he deserves to protect his work. My views on this and other things remain unchanged.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Because of two things:

1) I don't want to be left in the dust on this (I'd like to actually play this AND support the person that made it)

I went over this previously in this thread, and in another. Raz did the heavy lifting, and he deserves to protect his work. My views on this and other things remain unchanged.

Raz has told me... that the romz will come out in good time...

There has been interest in a second run... hence, he's looking into that... BUT have no doubt... you will not need to buy this from anywhere else...

I would suspect if some "3rd" party decided to start producing these carts... the rom would be dumped and pretty fast...

RELAX lemony... Have patience my young Padawah...

xROTx

PS. this thing has taken about 12 months from start to finish... a bit longer aint gonna kill you fucks...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is what I worry the most.

RELAX Liquid Willy... Raz looks after the community... geez...

I don't want to have to hold your hand thru everything here lads...

xROTx

PS. IF it makes you feel better... I'll ask raz whats up and ask him to update you if possible... Geez... give a poor ageing azn a break here...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
RELAX Liquid Willy... Raz looks after the community... geez...

I don't want to have to hold your hand thru everything here lads...

xROTx

PS. IF it makes you feel better... I'll ask raz whats up and ask him to update you if possible... Geez... give a poor ageing azn a break here...

Thanks my friend, please hold my hand and pray for me :D

You know all the Neo scene and price craziness, old man like me just want some assurance :D

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Just Received confirmation that my game arrived today. Looking
foward to playing tonite after work. Big thanks to all who had a
hand in making this!!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
>>> "...I don't want to pay 2nd hand markup due to limited availability..." <<<
>>> "...This is what I worry the most..." <<<

The ONLY way that this is possible, is if YOU as the buyer make that conscience choice!

If you wanted your cart to be all dressed up like some hot babe going out to a trendy night club on a Friday night, then you had that choice and would have, should have, could have, bought a cart from the release.

If you missed that chance because you were not here when the opportunity was available, then you don't hang out here enough, because as Rot said, you had almost a year to catch it.

If your fine with just a wounded warrior or a naked lady, and want to save your money, then you just have to be patient, and you will eventually get a bare loose cart and pay next to nothing for it.
(maybe about $100 will be the going rate here among the community)

So WHAT EXACTLY are you worried about?!
Because if YOU pay some buy it now eBay price of $599 for some loose cart with kinko's crap copied artwork then YOU have nobody to blame but YOURSELF!
Am I missing something?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

The ONLY way that this is possible, is if YOU as the buyer make that conscience choice!

If you wanted your cart to be all dressed up like some hot babe going out to a trendy night club on a Friday night, then you had that choice and would have, should have, could have, bought a cart from the release.

If you missed that chance because you were not here when the opportunity was available, then you don't hang out here enough, because as Rot said, you had almost a year to catch it.

If your fine with just a wounded warrior or a naked lady, and want to save your money, then you just have to be patient, and you will eventually get a bare loose cart and pay next to nothing for it.

Because if YOU pay some buy it now eBay price of $599 for some loose cart with kinko's crap copied artwork then YOU have nobody to blame but YOURSELF!
Am I missing something?

I would be interested if someone actually does sell a loose cart for that price. I'm sure many of the carts were bought with the sole intention of flipping later. Look at the NG : DEV games. Some were being flipped literally months after release, (I'm not even talking about the eBay ones that were mere days after release), maybe you're right though, maybe an influx of cheaper prices will happen, only time will tell.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Because of two things:

LM, I thought you jumped on this and pulled the trigger?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

Am I missing something?

LM, I thought you jumped on this and pulled the trigger?

I've known full well that this is available but Life happens, man. Had the green lined up, by had real life stuff to pay for.

Guess thats my problem, huh?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
IIRC, rot said teh romz would be released in November.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've known full well that this is available but Life happens, man. Had the green lined up, by had real life stuff to pay for.

Guess thats my problem, huh?

Life sucks at times, but yeah, that is life.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Give it like two weeks, I'm almost certain NeoAyato will have a limited edition run. If this doesn't happen, I'd be shocked.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Give it like two weeks, I'm almost certain NeoAyato will have a limited edition run. If this doesn't happen, I'd be shocked.

I tend to agree... there will be CS 2 knockoffs coming soon... I'd suspect not all the carts were sold to true NG fans...

It will be how Raz and Jeff decide to respond to this....

xROTx

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
And if people are wondering, no, I won't be making any carts anymore. When I set the low price for Ironclad just to stop the community from buying from people overcharging for it I made way too many carts that I'd like to admit. It also wasn't really worth it at $100 a cart as well. If I ever make a CS2, it would only be for myself. Sorry.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I tend to agree... there will be CS 2 knockoffs coming soon... I'd suspect not all the carts were sold to true NG fans...

It will be how Raz and Jeff decide to respond to this....

xROTx

I know its going to happen, if not them it will be someone else, not worth loosing stress over it though.