CRT Fetish Thread

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah I was getting the same results with SSF2X For Matching Service. Are you using just a DC Scart cable, or are you connecting to your PVM through something like a Toro?

I've got a Toro! It's great otherwise, just stinks my fave 240p fighting game is giving me trouble.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Yeah that's what I'm running my DC into as well. I have it going from my Toro to my matrix switch so I can run it to 2 outputs. One output is going to my PVM, while the other is going to my XRGB-Mini. Both the PVM and the Mini look the same, with the 1/4 screen zoomed-up. I didn't look into it much, since I run SSF2X off my Saturn, but let us know how the patch works out for you.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Yeah and nice first post trying to hock your overpriced, over-used BVM, circumventing the fact you can't post in the market place yet. Tool move, noob.

adolobe

n00b
PVM-2030 Screen Adjustment

I recently added a PVM-2030 to my collection of Sony monitors.

I noticed this one has kind of a fish bowl effect on the bottom corners. I don't see a way to adjust from the outside control buttons. I've tried to access a service menu using the code combination of other Sony PVM's and Trinitron CRT's but nothing so far.

Does the 2030 have a Service menu or are there pots inside I can turn to adjust it?
3.jpg4.jpg

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
It's done it guys. The PVM finally kicked the can. I made a post trying to get picture of it after I got it all calibrated and everything. Well there goes that. Bastard developed a short that caused the greens to smear across the screen. This happened a few months ago too but I was able to take it apart and tap the short out. I can't do it this time and every attempt ended in vain. Time to start scanning the area for a Trinitron to keep me operating until I find another.

Teutonic

n00b
Got myself a PVM-1344Q the other day for 20 bucks off of ebay. It was local pick up so didn't have to worry about shipping.

Here it is next to the 8 incher I was using for a while as my main monitor. The cover was off for fixing the geometry.
1344Q - 1.jpg

And here's some Mega Drive with a 32X running through it.
1344Q - 3-1.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Great gets, plus welcome and all, but could you possibly be so kind and indulge me a bit on the story behind your... moniker? Pure curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. BTW, this is the right thread for your story. Oh, and if you already did, a link will do. Thanks ;).

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
It's done it guys. The PVM finally kicked the can.

U4DSGFc.jpg

The logical solution is to amass a small collection of PVMs so the loss of one isn't so bad.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
U4DSGFc.jpg

The logical solution is to amass a small collection of PVMs so the loss of one isn't so bad.
Midwest is pretty scarce on PVMs. I got this one on eBay about two years ago for a hundred dollars total. The rare chance they do manage to pop up on Craigslist they ask a couple hundred for them.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Midwest is pretty scarce on PVMs. I got this one on eBay about two years ago for a hundred dollars total. The rare chance they do manage to pop up on Craigslist they ask a couple hundred for them.

The ones I see more often than not are the small 8 inch ones. 19 inch or bigger ones come up very rarely.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
The best way to find PVMs is through medical surplus stores, or state property auctions.

I live in California and I had my 20m2mdu delivered from Oregon from a medical surplus store for about $120 total.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Another good way is with ifttt.com -- set up a recipe that will email you whenever a PVM pops up on Craigslist.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I did not no such things existed. I'll have to check it out. I'm not looking for another PVM but I've been trying to find a late model consumer Trinitron for a while now locally with no luck.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I did not no such things existed. I'll have to check it out. I'm not looking for another PVM but I've been trying to find a late model consumer Trinitron for a while now locally with no luck.

You want mine gohan? I might be ready to get rid of it.