CRT Fetish Thread

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, this guy has component and I've also got this scart > component adapter, so it works out really well in my setup. I've got a PVM right above this Toshiba, and there honestly isn't much of a difference at all in quality.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
I have two consumer toshibas and they are amazing.
I think it's an A series

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yeah, this guy has component and I've also got this scart > component adapter, so it works out really well in my setup. I've got a PVM right above this Toshiba, and there honestly isn't much of a difference at all in quality.
Depending on the PVM I believe it. You'd need a 800TVL model like a 20M4U or BVM to have a substantial jump in TV Lines.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
It was a good day. Apparently these were both estate finds. (Computers I already restored, the monitors I scooped today about 90 mins away from home).

20231215_181245.jpg

20231215_230656.jpg

The Franklin is super clean and the Commodore monitor even came with the Chroma/Luma RCA cable for my C128.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Those Commodore monitors are fantastic. I used one as a main TV in my first apartment and later as a backup gaming monitor. Saturn 2d games in svideo look especially great on it. I still have it but it's in a closet as a backup.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
It's the server rack build!
Yes. Serving me well. I record as often as I can with the setup:

Though with things in flux atm it’s a bit disorganized. I just got in a second axunworks (the new one now used on Neo geo, cps2 and pcbs like Rival Schools shown above) and the old one that was more feature rich on my new Naomi 2 that I’m trying to get setup. I’m currently trying to figure out how to update the firmware on my netdimm so my piforce will work on it. Having some difficulties doing so as the only way I can find to do that requires a pc. I’m mid switching computers atm so I have no ability to do so.

Factor that plus a move coming up (been having to sell clutter, unused systems and games etc) and it’s a bit of a mess. But yeah, setup has been good to me. Hoping where we end up in the next few months it’ll be laid out in a better way, though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That game is underrated. And that TV is glorious.

My PVM cart was supposed to have the monitor, a Mister, controllers and speakers and such. I got a little carried away.

pvm cart.jpg

Not seen is the 4 port switch on the side, set up so I can swap which systems are connected without too much fuss. Right now the Mister, SNES, Genesis, and Duo are connected. I'm gonna swap the speakers with a Klipsch set when they come in.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
Love the setup!

Have the same PVM. I love it, I mostly use it with my HAS.
But the other day I was playing Rayman on my Jaguar and was surprised how decent it looked for... Jaguar.

Attachments

• IMG_8469.jpg
    IMG_8469.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 19

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You guys sure have some awful gaming hardware connected to these. x

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I picked up a 20 inch crt out on the curb a couple of days ago.
I examined the inputs and design before I picked it up.It has the s-video and component (✓)
Made in 2006(✓)
Handles built in on the sides for easy carry(✓)
I couldn't make out the name until I got home which turns out to be a DAEWOO (X)
plugged it up,it works but noticed a little screen burn in.(X)
The picture is like that of a PC monitor a bit,not bad..I'll use it as a backup or Tate,whatever..Always nice to come across one in the wild.
BB
I just,JUST tossed out the Deawoo because I couldn't get past the screen burn in for how large the back end was AND because I rescued this 27" Sony Trinitron behemoth with remote from in front of a mansion awhile back
TRINOTRON
REMOTE
I'll snap better photos when I have something up and running on it.
BB

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
BB, that looks like the same TV I have. It's pretty great if it's not worn out or the caps are about to blow. Mine needs a recap but it still looks good.

One thing, there is an option in the menu to turn VM to high, low, or off. It defaults to on, turn it OFF. It is artificial sharpening and it kinda looks good at first but it adds artifacts and sucks for any videogame stuff.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
BB, that looks like the same TV I have. It's pretty great if it's not worn out or the caps are about to blow. Mine needs a recap but it still looks good.

One thing, there is an option in the menu to turn VM to high, low, or off. It defaults to on, turn it OFF. It is artificial sharpening and it kinda looks good at first but it adds artifacts and sucks for any videogame stuff.
Thanks for the tip! I noticed that but haven't had the time to sit down with it and go through the motions.
BB