Custom Insert for Neo MVS Shockbox: 161 in 1

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Here is a quick insert I threw together for the 161 in 1 cart. Used yellow to warn the person about to open that there is a banana slug hidden inside.

j02n.jpg

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
thats actually pretty sick man, good job. have you designed any other variations?

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
No this is the first stab at it, I have designed other covers for different games / systems. Honestly I don't particularly like it but it's a start and helps me get the cartridge in a Shockie.

I want to do another variant soon - maybe something more simple on the cover. I just need better artwork to work with.

I'll have this professionally printed this week and see how it turns out.

Last edited:

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Good effort. Are you gonna put the files up for sharing?

I swapped my banana cart with a more subtle black one from Tecmo World Soccer. No fucks were given.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Does that swap out ok? I just might do that. Yeah man, I am all up for sharing. Maybe some suggestions on a couple changes / tweaks? And I am all done for doing a 2nd version of it.

Here is a jpeg version of it, if someone wants a higher res version I can upload that later:

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/1461/cjg0.jpg

Last edited:

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Does that swap out ok? I just might do that. Yeah man, I am all up for sharing. Maybe some suggestions on a couple changes / tweaks? And I am all done for doing a 2nd version of it.

Yeah it swapped out fine, printed a label for it too! It looks pretty cool and best of all it doesn't burn my eyes!

I like the yellow as its different, maybe yellower yellow - like banana yellow to match the cart?

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
ok well picked up the insert today - I think it turned out pretty good. I also printed a label for the cart (although I have a replacement shell coming).

I'll post up some pics either today or tomorrow.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
mh, so much work for a multicart. You should at least have put a disclaimer on it reading "BOOOOOOTLEEEEEEEG!"

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
It really wasn't a lot of work, and why would I put that? :-)

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Any work to jazz up a multi is too much. And because it is nothing more than that.

Nothing more than...a reasonably affordable means of playing the games on original hardware? Damn, that's a terrible terrible thing!

Come off your high horse dude.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I never said it was a bad thing, just saying people need to get it's a boot (with glitches) and stop praising/petting it. I have nothing against the mulitcarts but they just can't beat the real thing.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Well I am not planning on selling this, so it's just for my personal enjoyment. We get it....you don't like boots.....

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
nice work, may have to look at doing something like this for mine in the future :)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I never said it was a bad thing, just saying people need to get it's a boot (with glitches) and stop praising/petting it. I have nothing against the mulitcarts but they just can't beat the real thing.

Boots can always match the real thing. Problem is, nobody with the means has the same amount of care, thus boots are usually inferior.

At the moment, the best boots are ones made with authentic SNK parts.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
can someone make a shockbox insert that mimics the SNK arcade classics vol 1 release? and maybe make a label that says SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1?

SNK-Arcade-Classics-Volume-1-Ntsc-Front-Cover-7235.jpg