Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice! I did a clear of Solar Striker as well, did you know if you press select after you beat it, you can play a hard mode?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nice! I did a clear of Solar Striker as well, did you know if you press select after you beat it, you can play a hard mode?

I didn’t know that, thanks for the heads up!

Congrats on the clear as well. Have you cleared hard mode?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I didn’t know that, thanks for the heads up!

Congrats on the clear as well. Have you cleared hard mode?

Not yet, I went through about three stages. There are MANY more bullets. MANY MORE. Surprised the little handheld spits it out to be honest.

tangemo

New Challenger
Stopped by a spot that had some astro cabs on Free Play. Pretty cool selection, got to run through P-47, Sorcer Striker and Esp Ra.De <3

Esp Ra.De still held up, I'd like to check out the M2 Shot Triggers port when that lands.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Stopped by a spot that had some astro cabs on Free Play. Pretty cool selection, got to run through P-47, Sorcer Striker and Esp Ra.De <3

Esp Ra.De still held up, I'd like to check out the M2 Shot Triggers port when that lands.

Rade is one of my favorites, I know it gets plenty of love so it can’t be said that it’s overlooked or a hidden gem or whatever but for me it’s damn near the top of my list of best shooters ever. I’m glad M2 is doing the port, Rade deserves to be played by more people and now at least it can be.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Got a 1CC on Gradius II (Famicom). I made it to the last part of the last stage and died on those dumb moving bone platforms. I then proceeded to die like 20 times (you have a lot of lives at that point) until I beat it with minimal power-ups. I'll take it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Been playing Crimson Clover: World Ignition on Steam for a while. Not normally into bullet hell, more of a horizontal guy, but it's a lot of fun. Especially in tate mode on my 1440p monitor.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Got another MFBL clear with Palm, almost had a no miss but took a hit to the head on the last stage, I will get one eventually though, a NMNB would be extra nice.

30e6b31e08dd959e12b3da7270a90da0.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

In Raleigh? Or was it Lost Ark in Greensboro? Or elsewhere?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Still playing Galaxy Sky Shooting on my Android tablet. I'm at level 240 or something, whatever the current end point is until the developers do another update and add more levels. So, since the main game is done, for now, I mainly do VS mode, and I just achieved platinum rank in that this morning. Still trying to get three more puzzle pieces to unlock another ship too.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
PCE CD kick this weekend Hawk F-123 & Rayxanber 2.

Hawk is a pretty great guilty pleasure in my book, can't believe it's a SuperCD. The denotation of the jet's so fitting: 1.. 2.. 3, haha, reminds me of the "secret code" in Spaceballs. If you'll like it and haven't try its predecessor yet, Power Gate is also a nice waste of time.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hawk is a pretty great guilty pleasure in my book, can't believe it's a SuperCD. The denotation of the jet's so fitting: 1.. 2.. 3, haha, reminds me of the "secret code" in Spaceballs. If you'll like it and haven't try its predecessor yet, Power Gate is also a nice waste of time.

Yeah Hawk it's not that bad of a game imo, a poor man's U.N. Squadron but I do enjoy it alot. I have tried Power Gate, it's very slow but I still like it. I need to pick it up, had it on list for a while it just keeps getting bumped.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Any Batrider experts? I was playing a normal 5-stage run and got to the final boss - the gold guy. After I beat him a green guy burst out, which doesn't always happen. What triggers the green guy / follow-up boss?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Been playing ESP Rade the last week or two and finally broke through my wall. Made it to the final boss for the first time and got smashed.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Well shit, that was fast. 1CC done. Green ship (spread shot) + machine gun. Preferred homing over the other sub-weapons.

The stages themself aren't too bad. Usually only died against bosses. Some of them are tricky, but it's offset by the generous bombs the game throws at you for helping civilians.

It's no Blazing Star / Pulstar, but still pretty fun.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well shit, that was fast. 1CC done. Green ship (spread shot) + machine gun. Preferred homing over the other sub-weapons.

The stages themself aren't too bad. Usually only died against bosses. Some of them are tricky, but it's offset by the generous bombs the game throws at you for helping civilians.

It's no Blazing Star / Pulstar, but still pretty fun.

Start using the charge shot to score points, rapid fire breaks the game but your score will be lower compared to charge shot. Fun game though.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Playing Esp.Ra.de on the switch and must say I am.totally addicted. M2's port is near flawless. I wish they would release more cave titles this way!!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I just purchased Crimzon Clover world ignition on steam, besides that i’ve been playing Final Soldier, Gate of Thunder, and toying around with the super famicom port of Sonic Wings. With a bit of Ikaruga thrown in there.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Right now I’ve been playing aero blasters on Turbografx. I like this version way more then the genesis port.