Damn Rodents in my Cab.....

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
I was doing a little cleaning in my basement and look what i found in my Neo 1 slot.
PEANUTS AND MOUSE TURDS!!!!!

DSC02413.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

i was finding these these things everywhere for i while; in my couch, shoes, etc. because my wife left a huge bowl of peanuts in the basement. after a week i went back down there and all the peanuts were gone and i'm now finding them everywhere else.

anyone else have any good vermin/arcade stories

P.S. i've killed about 3 mice since

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My dad once left a whole bag of Halloween leftover BB BATS in a drawer... Never thought much about them and figured that my mom threw them out...

When they were redoing the wall a few years later, the whole area between two studs was packed with BB-Bats.

Now I understand the term Pack Rat....

I hate fucking rhodents...

My apartment was full of them when I moved in... You could hear them in the walls and ceiling... Making crunch crunch noises... I put a bunch of poison trays around the house and they ate that shit like crazy... They finally stopped eating it and I haven't had a problem since. I still keep some in some crawl spaces and the basement... IN case they decided to move back in.

I got some Carin Terriers... They will let me know if they see any mice.

Last edited:

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Don't have any 'good' stories with rodents...just bad ones....

but on a side note... I found that squirting a little bleach mix helps keep them away for a while. Could spray a bit where they are coming in there.

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
When I got the Arch Rivals I'm working on (see my sig), it had tons of strips of paper inside and some mouse poop. Vacuumed up ok, but not what you want to see when you first take the back off a cab!

The only vermin we have now is the rat my housemate bought.

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
I found evidence of rodents in my Killer Instinct Woody when I was cleaning it out just after getting it home. They urinated on the power transformer causing it to rust in places. I got these visions in my head of mice being shocked as they were pissing on my cab. Hopefully the electricity did them in, there was quite a bit of rodent hair in the bottom as well. The thing that surprised me a bit was that they did not chew through the particle board. They were certainly in there, I am just not sure how they were entering and exiting the cab :scratch:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I'm surprised they didn't chew up your wiring.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm surprised they didn't chew up your wiring.
Well, on that note, I had a cabinet awhile back in the store that didn't fire up one morning. Lights came on but no screen...typical power supply problem except it wasn't that typical: found a fried mouse that apparently was chewing through the +5 wire right when the game was turned on. What a way to go :make_fac:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
candy colored wiring doesn't taste quite like you'd imagine

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
A few dead mice and ghekkoes over the years from when they have been accross the monitor high voltages. The worst thing is cockroaches imho :eek:

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
i work in the pest control field and i can advise against using poison. when they wind up dead in the walls they can create a horrible odor. and on top of that they can be a real pain locate and remove.

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
i work in the pest control field and i can advise against using poison. when they wind up dead in the walls they can create a horrible odor. and on top of that they can be a real pain locate and remove.

Huh, I have heard this before. I thought the anticoagulant in rat poison causes internal hemorrhaging...and the rodent seeks water to satisfy their thirst. Do they die in the walls often?

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
oh yeah and when it happens its a complete pain to find em and remove em. with mice it may not be as bad as far as the smell goes but if a large rat dies in the wall youre screwed. i got a $100 tip for the last 2 i removed. but its never a garauntee youre gonna find em. youre always better off setting traps.