Demise of an arcade

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Aye, most of the cabs have been moved to storage and the owner *plans* to put a newer smaller (less rates and taxes) arcade... nice big set of flats is being built next door though so it wouldn't surprize me if they acquire the land..

No GOD No, Why didn't you chain yourself to the building IDC, why:(:crying::confused::oh_no::conf:

Sure it's depressing. Try to find a shred of solace in this perspective : This happened in 2013. Most witnessed similar moments ten years ago and further back of course. Many have had no place to enjoy within the past ten years. Your spot had a good run. One better than most.

I remember when they took the wrecking ball to my old arcade hangout Malibu castle way back in 2003

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oh man. 7 weeks ago would be right in the middle of summer break, and yet the place looks nearly deserted. Where are all the kids?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I owner isn't poor, he sold the land next to it(that he used to have a small fairground on) and must have got big bucks for that. I only hope he stays true to his word and puts up a 1 level more modern arcade so at least there's something decent down there. the other bigger arcade at the beach area has about 4 video cabs in it :(.
On a brighter note, I've start gutting that Naomi to give it a good clean up and bring it back to life.... she's a dirty beast :lolz:

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Great pictures. The building must have seen many generations of kids come through it. I love the 80s Coke logo and the dated cowboy artwork. It brings back hazy memories of local arcades when I was a kid. As others have said, you're lucky this one stayed for so long.