DMC3:DA SE

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Anyone pick this up yet, it's a players choice and is only 20$, supposedly the difficulty was fixed and you can play as virgil. I'm going later to get it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'm going to be picking it up also, now I dont feel so bad for not playing it wen it came out.

H

hermegildo

I already have the original one, so I'm in no rush to get the SE right now.

Maybe a few months down the road when I'm less tight with money.

It's funny how Greg Kasavin at Gamespot bitched about the difficulty in the original (too hard) and in his review of the Special Edition he says that the revised difficulty actually hurts the game.

:rolleyes:

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
Spike said:
I'm going to be picking it up also, now I dont feel so bad for not playing it wen it came out.

Yeah I missed it too, mainly because I was so absorbed with RE4 and a few other titles from '04.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
luckily you can use your old data and jump straight into virgils game if you beat the original DMC #3.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
iamyagami22 said:
Anyone pick this up yet, it's a players choice and is only 20$, supposedly the difficulty was fixed and you can play as virgil. I'm going later to get it.

when u say fixed, do u mean easier as I couldn;t pass the dog boss and gave up

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
when u say fixed, do u mean easier as I couldn;t pass the dog boss and gave up

IGN says the normal game is now equivalent to easy mode.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
luckily you can use your old data and jump straight into virgils game if you beat the original DMC #3.
Actually, all you need to play the Virgil mode is any save data from the original (or you can beat any difficulty on just the SE).

Several reviews have criticized the fact that you can play the easier difficulty as Virgil, who's much stronger than Dante, without actually getting the intended challenge level first.

I bought it, though, and I should get into it some tonight or tomorrow.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Haven't had a chance to pick it up, but I'm definitely excited about it since DMC3 was one of my favorite games last year.

$20 for this game is an absolute steal.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
I picked this up a couple of days ago. I haven't really played it much yet, but it seems pretty good. Dante seems to move between being really stylish and being really cheesy every 30 seconds. I'm hoping the game gets a bit more complex as it goes on, beyond just hack and slash kind of gameplay that I've seen so far.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Will probably get it as I never got the first version.

Quite enjyoing Onimusha Dawn of Dreams at the moment though so not in any rush.

EliteDoomMaster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The original wasn't that hard on normal, I didn't have much of a tough time until the final boss fight. But I'm glad this has a cinema viewer, as I was rightly pissed when I couldn't view the awesome cinemas for shits and giggles.

This game is sold to me.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Played it a bit earlier this evening. Being able to set the checkpoint system to the more forgiving style should be nice, I think.

Vergil plays quite differently from Dante, which makes the game well-worth buying, IMO. He's far more powerful, so enemies die in far fewer hits, but when you combine that with his slower demon sword projectiles, it makes it much harder to keep the skill ranking at S or A. He even has his own cutscenes, which are pretty sweet. Though it is a bit jarring to go from Vergil's cutscenes to the same levels that you play as Dante (some of the levels really don't seem to match the lead-in cutscenes all that well in Vergil mode).

Still a cool addition though, and I'm thinking that the hell tower or whatever it's called should add nicely to replay as well.