Do you take medication to help you sleep?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Trazadone helps me sleep, along with all the other shit I take for BiPolar disorder.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
3076853503.jpg

Melatonin Gummies 4 lyfe.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Occasionally I'll take Zquil (Nyquil without the cold medicine) to help me get to sleep. Works, but it makes me groggy in the morning.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
What would happen if you took the whole bottle at once?

A wonderful ride to the ER room; a catheter shoved up your penis; burning-veins morphine; maybe the IV will split in twain when they stick you; nausea; draining your foot of fluids; boring-ass weekend in a hospital; they never fucking shut doors or turn off the lights.

And the Lovely Bones can only last 8 hours before the book is done.

Edit: I have a habit of taking a pill, then 5 minutes later doing the same thing because I forgot I took the first pill.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Sometimes I drink or smoke before bed but I don't need to in order to fall asleep. I sleep like a rock. The only medicine I take is Benadryl, and that's just in the day.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
one time in my senior year this idiot said he'd do any drug no matter what. the next day i went up to this kid with like 6 melatonin tablets. i said "i dare you to take these" and he was like "what is it?" and i said "don't worry about it, just do it" and he was like "fine ok" and i had the greatest time watching him fall asleep and get yelled at for being too tired to participate

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
one time in my senior year this idiot said he'd do any drug no matter what. the next day i went up to this kid with like 6 melatonin tablets. i said "i dare you to take these" and he was like "what is it?" and i said "don't worry about it, just do it" and he was like "fine ok" and i had the greatest time watching him fall asleep and get yelled at for being too tired to participate

:lolz:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm fortunate that I seldom have any trouble falling asleep. I am a very light sleeper though--it takes very little noise to wake me up.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
For those who can't sleep I prescribe 2-3 children. You'll collapse on your bed and be asleep before your head hits the pillow.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
For those who can't sleep I prescribe 2-3 children. You'll collapse on your bed and be asleep before your head hits the pillow.

If I had 2-3 kids the only sleep I'd want is a dirt nap.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I've been on the graveyard shift for about 9 years now, I can only sleep about four hours a day. None of the sleep aids seem to work for me anymore, including bud. I haven't tried any scripts yet tho.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I drink beer, wine or scotch or smoke weed to sleep. Not that I ever have issues sleeping unless coming off a booze/weed binge..

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@tighecg: I used to work the graveyard shift at a local gas station when I was in college and I had a lot of difficulty getting a decent amount of sleep too. Something would always wake me up during the day: noise/traffic out in the street, somebody else in the house moving around/talking, etc. There are people that thrive on a night time work schedule, but it just wasn't for me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
yeah i take one .38 special directly through the brain stem in order to fall asleep. i'll sleep when i'm dead you home grown mother fuckers.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
@tighecg: I used to work the graveyard shift at a local gas station when I was in college and I had a lot of difficulty getting a decent amount of sleep too. Something would always wake me up during the day: noise/traffic out in the street, somebody else in the house moving around/talking, etc. There are people that thrive on a night time work schedule, but it just wasn't for me.

Exactly, I feel like I can hear grass grow, or paint dry. The smallest things keep me up. And if I wake up after two hours, I can't fall back asleep. I just lay there and stare at the back of my eyelids.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
I go to the gym and exhaust myself about 5 times a week. This allows me to sleep every night.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just popped a melatonin. Had 3 pints of Guinness with dinner tho, too (steak & kidney pie). We'll see what happens...

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I've been having trouble sleeping lately and looked into what was available over the counter. Turns out sleeping pills these days are just Benadryl of a different color. Same active ingredient.

As a bonus, it costs about three times as much when it's labeled as a "sleep aid".

Go for the Costco brand Diphenhydramine allergy pills; they're about $0.02 per dose. A $10 bottle will last you about 2 years, assuming you take a dose every Sunday-Thursday night.