Do you think that the area of war in occident is over?

aria

Former Moderator
melchia said:

I remember the Guiness Book saying Jericho was the oldest continously-settled city in the world, but I didn't realize it may reach back before agriculture.

I always figured the oldest signs of civilization were places like Catal Huyuk in modern-day Turkey and the oldest of Indus Valley civilizations. If the wikipedia entires for Jericho and Catal Huyuk are accurate, Jericho may have the title (for now of course).

the interesting thing is that Malta may also hold some of the world's oldest settlements off shore... there are ancient wagon trails that simply run right into the Med Sea. It already holds what is considered the oldest standing structure. Atlantis, maybe? :p

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I'm with you man, I do believe in an inherent goodness within all man.

See? It's not so far fetched.

syringe

Banned
Bobak said:
I remember the Guiness Book saying Jericho was the oldest continously-settled city in the world, but I didn't realize it may reach back before agriculture.

I always figured the oldest signs of civilization were places like Catal Huyuk in modern-day Turkey and the oldest of Indus Valley civilizations. If the wikipedia entires for Jericho and Catal Huyuk are accurate, Jericho may have the title (for now of course).

the interesting thing is that Malta may also hold some of the world's oldest settlements off shore... there are ancient wagon trails that simply run right into the Med Sea. It already holds what is considered the oldest standing structure. Atlantis, maybe? :p

It depends where you place the dividing line between active cultures and "true civilization."

Written language, heirarchical social organization, etc.

It depends on a lot o factors.

We don't count megalithic cultures or faming communities dating back 15,000 years as true civilizations do we?

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:
See? It's not so far fetched.

People who think man doesn't have the capacity to be more then brutish, warring beasts and those who claim to be "realists" have simply given up hope.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
People who think man doesn't have the capacity to be more then brutish, warring beasts and those who claim to be "realists" have simply given up hope.

Not really. Me I've still got HOPE, hell that's all that's really left... without out it, it would have been "The End" quite a long time ago. I admit there's more good people than bad, and that people can do good, but anyone who thinks that mankind will ever be cured of their sin condition, or the inherent savage within us is lying to themselves, and is the basis for the very ideaology of "Civilization". Only someone who looks at things from the top down would think that mankind could be cultivated into something other than what we are. It doesn't make ppl diabolical or sociopathic per se', but only a civilized man would have come up with inventions like a Nuclear Bomb, or Chemical Warfare, or Rocket Propelled Smart Grenades, etcetera, etcetera. So called uncivilized men were content to war with one another either from man to man, or between sides that still had a sense of honor about them. I don't mean neccessarily standing in a straight line and exchanging shots... but there was an understanding even amongst so called "savages".

Back in the day two good people could shake on a deal and a man's word was his word... today because of the contrivances of our illustrious "civilization" everyones indeed a Mercenary on one level or another. Heck I'm guilty of it too, but I try not to be that way. Is there hope for the future? Sure, as long as you have enough ppl who think differently from what is considered normal, because the day that small minority ever gets in line with eveyone else, we're fucked. I for one will see my life as a crusade for principle of the matter, and will die living my own way, because fuck the collective majority. Only idiots build glass houses and that's basically what modern civilization is. The aftermath of Hurricane Katrina should speak volumes of how dependant one is on the federal government, and how when the convenience factor is gone, everything regresses back into our primal ways. This isn't pessimism, it's a hard cold fact of life, and as long as the men with the thumbs up their asses play more attention to the football game on TV, than what really matters in life, they'll go on making more WMDs of one sort or another within our own nation, then spending the rest of the time paranoid that someone else has it, because they'll actually use it.

It's all more or less looking more and more like "Tune In Reality TV" these days, and that sucks when it's real life we're talking about.

GK

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Grizzly King said:
Not really. Me I've still got HOPE, hell that's all that's really left... without out it, it would have been "The End" quite a long time ago. I admit there's more good people than bad, and that people can do good, but anyone who thinks that mankind will ever be cured of their sin condition, or the inherent savage within us is lying to themselves, and is the basis for the very ideaology of "Civilization". Only someone who looks at things from the top down would think that mankind could be cultivated into something other than what we are. It doesn't make ppl diabolical or sociopathic per se', but only a civilized man would have come up with inventions like a Nuclear Bomb, or Chemical Warfare, or Rocket Propelled Smart Grenades, etcetera, etcetera. So called uncivilized men were content to war with one another either from man to man, or between sides that still had a sense of honor about them. I don't mean neccessarily standing in a straight line and exchanging shots... but there was an understanding even amongst so called "savages".

Back in the day two good people could shake on a deal and a man's word was his word... today because of the contrivances of our illustrious "civilization" everyones indeed a Mercenary on one level or another. Heck I'm guilty of it too, but I try not to be that way. Is there hope for the future? Sure, as long as you have enough ppl who think differently from what is considered normal, because the day that small minority ever gets in line with eveyone else, we're fucked. I for one will see my life as a crusade for principle of the matter, and will die living my own way, because fuck the collective majority. Only idiots build glass houses and that's basically what modern civilization is. The aftermath of Hurricane Katrina should speak volumes of how dependant one is on the federal government, and how when the convenience factor is gone, everything regresses back into our primal ways. This isn't pessimism, it's a hard cold fact of life, and as long as the men with the thumbs up their asses play more attention to the football game on TV, than what really matters in life, they'll go on making more WMDs of one sort or another within our own nation, then spending the rest of the time paranoid that someone else has it, because they'll actually use it.

It's all more or less looking more and more like "Tune In Reality TV" these days, and that sucks when it's real life we're talking about.

GK

Call me crazy, but i'd like to think there is going to be a day when the world is more or less at peace. True there will be bad people still around, but I really believe that we'll at least see an end to war. It will take awhile, yeah, but I believe it will happen one day.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Call me crazy, but i'd like to think there is going to be a day when the world is more or less at peace. True there will be bad people still around, but I really believe that we'll at least see an end to war. It will take awhile, yeah, but I believe it will happen one day.

I don't think you're crazy at all, but what you're describing is called UTOPIA and it's an ideal that will never manifest into reality, no different than all the religions of the world one day meshing into a one world religion. *Well actually the Bible describes a one world religion in "Revelations", but even then it is brought upon by deciet, and eventual domination. A man will always want something he doesn't have now, and women as of 2005 are far worse it would seem. If it's something that's damn near attainable, people simply go ahead and attain it, never actually asking the question if it "Should" be attained. Thus even an idealist might say that if there were one man and two women, or two women and one man, it's solved with a threesome... because the reality is is that jealousy & envy are a mere step away from contentment, which often is mistaken for being Happy. When one of the group realizes that no matter how good the exchange between the three occurs, there's one that is indeed favored, or get more of something... well, evil intentions welt up until it blows.

Most ppl live with restraint sure... and moreso in today's world with laws in place and organizations like a police force to enforce those laws, but it doesn't change the inherent "Beast" within a person. A little miss Suzy Homemaker who's never hurt a fly in her life, fucks only in the missionary position, and only with the lights off, will for the right reasons, and to protect her children (in most cases) can kill much deadlier and with more poison behind her strikes than any man could in that situation. Take something from a man that he feels he shouldn't have to give up or be walked on, and that man will FIGHT. Thus it's not War that's the problem but the inherent savage nature, and one ultimately of survival. Thus in that end case scenario of three people left on Earth, there will be a battle of sorts and either two ppl are left, or all three fade away and then there will be nothing but silence. The only time war will end is at the final ending of time itself as we precieve it in our physical realm, and more to the point if you're a believer in Christ Jesus, upon the final battle between Devil & Savior. Laugh if you want to on the last part, but nothing said by the most intelligent of people today hasn't been said before in the Bible.

GK

Robert

20 Year Member
A lot of interesting inputs.

I always wonder what would be the reason of a war in Occident . Trying to get more land doesn't make sense after my idea. Oil could be but except USA, no one has petrol enough to start a war. Most of the countries are in good term. We don't have religion clashes.

So as long as there is no real reason to get into a war, I think we are quite safe.

BoriquaSNK

15 Year Member
Grizzly King said:
I don't think you're crazy at all, but what you're describing is called UTOPIA and it's an ideal that will never manifest into reality, no different than all the religions of the world one day meshing into a one world religion. *Well actually the Bible describes a one world religion in "Revelations", but even then it is brought upon by deciet, and eventual domination. A man will always want something he doesn't have now, and women as of 2005 are far worse it would seem. If it's something that's damn near attainable, people simply go ahead and attain it, never actually asking the question if it "Should" be attained. Thus even an idealist might say that if there were one man and two women, or two women and one man, it's solved with a threesome... because the reality is is that jealousy & envy are a mere step away from contentment, which often is mistaken for being Happy. When one of the group realizes that no matter how good the exchange between the three occurs, there's one that is indeed favored, or get more of something... well, evil intentions welt up until it blows.

Most ppl live with restraint sure... and moreso in today's world with laws in place and organizations like a police force to enforce those laws, but it doesn't change the inherent "Beast" within a person. A little miss Suzy Homemaker who's never hurt a fly in her life, fucks only in the missionary position, and only with the lights off, will for the right reasons, and to protect her children (in most cases) can kill much deadlier and with more poison behind her strikes than any man could in that situation. Take something from a man that he feels he shouldn't have to give up or be walked on, and that man will FIGHT. Thus it's not War that's the problem but the inherent savage nature, and one ultimately of survival. Thus in that end case scenario of three people left on Earth, there will be a battle of sorts and either two ppl are left, or all three fade away and then there will be nothing but silence. The only time war will end is at the final ending of time itself as we precieve it in our physical realm, and more to the point if you're a believer in Christ Jesus, upon the final battle between Devil & Savior. Laugh if you want to on the last part, but nothing said by the most intelligent of people today hasn't been said before in the Bible.

GK

I truly believe that a world without conflict is an eventuality. What's the point in being a Christian if you don't believe in peace?

I gave up on the Bible a long time ago, it's a tome of contradiction.

People can be free, live happily, without war, and without hate. It isn't some hippy sensibility or some commie utopia bullshit, it's what every nation...every person in the world is actively (or passively) working towards. One day it'll just be.

I HAVE to believe that this is going to happen, otherwise what the hell is the point?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:

"I feel much better now that I've given up hope" - Ashley Brilliant

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:
I truly believe that a world without conflict is an eventuality. What's the point in being a Christian if you don't believe in peace?

I gave up on the Bible a long time ago, it's a tome of contradiction.

People can be free, live happily, without war, and without hate. It isn't some hippy sensibility or some commie utopia bullshit, it's what every nation...every person in the world is actively (or passively) working towards. One day it'll just be.

I HAVE to believe that this is going to happen, otherwise what the hell is the point?

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ? Meaning despite in the face of everything the world thinks it knows, and through all of man's really cool "entertainment" values of great stories and movies that wow the masses and what not, that ultimately there is indeed a spiritual realm as well as our physical realm that we dwell in currently? If you do believe that, do you acknowledge that Jesus was indeed GOD the father as his own son, who was born into the world not to a sinless mother, but rather one born of original sin, but CHOSEN to birth the biological housing for GOD (the spirit) within it, who came at an exact moment in time born through the strain of Abraham and the lineage of King David?

If you do believe that and are saved, then I don't know what to tell you and it's not for me to judge (their is one who will) what you think on this matter, however, if you do not GOD is not your father to claim, and it would be the reason you saw the Bible as a contradiction. It appears that way, but it's not. Everything strangely pieces with another piece often centuries down the line, and through ppl who were not neccessarily the rich & haughty, but broken people... common folk... etc. Heck there's a postitute in the lineage that begat the coming of Jesus, whom GOD favored for her faith. The only way that's possible is if it (the Bible) was indeed divinely inspired by GOD/I AM himself, fused into those in this realm at differing points of history, and what's written is written, those who do not heed it's contents have no claim to ignorance.

THERE IS A WORLD WITHOUT CONFLICT...

but we won't be alive to see it. A 1,000 year regin of Heaven on Earth after the apocalypse/tribulation period. Many laugh it up, but I do believe it will come down to that. "What's the point of being a Christian if you don't believe in peace?" you asked... well the point of being a Christian is when one is led by their conscience (which everyone has) to make a choice. You can either realize the things of this world no matter how cool or how logical even, will eventually die just like the biological housing we call a body... and all is over. *Except in the spirit form. Then it's either Heaven or Hell. The point in being a Christian once saved, and hopefully if one give their will over to GOD (something I failed to do until last week sadly), is to understand they are perserved and saved from eternal damnation in the next life, and to be the best they can be looking to GOD the father through and ONLY THROUGH Jesus Christ (not Mary, Siddhartha Buddha, Amaterasu etc.) for continued inspiration and direction in a fallen world while having to live here. Sure Jesus preached "love" and the execution of love "Might" begat PEACE, but make no mistake about it the Bible is clear, a person is Saved from damnation by the grace of Jesus' spilt blood, through his sacrifice (and not our own works or charity) as GOD is not a respector of persons... nowhere does it say we are "Cured" of the sin condition.

Actually what it says is that once saved one is to go out into the world and speak boldy about Jesus and the truth of GOD, despite many claiming that we should "keep thy religion to thy self" (nowhere in scripture) so that the furthered proliferation of mankind's logic can sustain as truth which ultimately will always end in ruin. Thus it's not about hating peace Boriqua, but rather I heed and understand, especially for the seasons I've been through since my being saved in 2002. To have given my soul to Christ but not my will was detrimental to me, but it was worth it. I know now much that I must correct, as I clearly did enough (espeically here @ NG.Com) to confuse many ppl with where my alligences lied, and how one should be. And thus I don't mind speaking of this even though I know more will place solace in absolute nonsense rather than listen, not to me, but to what's been said for the last 2,005 years. Thus if you are an unbeliever you will never understand the Bible.

It's hard enough for a believer to "GET" the Bible one or two times through. It's something that become a way of life and fuses with you through seasons that GOD allows for his purpose. GOD is always on time, despite what many may think because he exists where there is no time, time was something we came up with to gauge the productivity and worth of our existence in this realm. Trust me, anyone who has passed from this world couldn't care less if it's 8:00AM or 00:59 hours. What is also clear is that Chrisitians are "AT WAR"... yes at war
:

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of GOD, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take onto you the whole armor of GOD, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of GOD: praying always with all the prayer and supplication in the spirit, and watching thereunto with all pereverence and supplications for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given onto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly , as I ought to speak."
---Ephesians 6:10-20

...thus this also extends to times as we are living in now, where it's not just about the speaking of the gospel and trying our best in our saved yet still broken selves of the sin condition, to love one another as GOD loved the world as to give a way onto salvation. Sadly wars fought in the manner we understand in our physical realm are still and will continued to be fought with machine guns, bombs, chemicals, and possibly nukes. Thus YES, the world strives towards PEACE, but it's one that cannot last because it's based on lies. If we were at peace in the sense we think of peace, it would be merely an end to violent battles, but the inherent sin condition is still there. People would succumb into further debachery of the mind as peace brought about even more freetime than what is now, and well eventually, somehow someway the troubles of man would manifest itself once again. To say more would take much longer than this thread is already, but I doubt you read any of this anyhow.

GK

BoriquaSNK

15 Year Member
My personal religious beliefs tend to be a bit rocky, they evolved from (and out of) the traditional eternal guilt trip that is Catholicism.

I believe that Jesus was an immensely important prophet and the ideal human being. I do not believe he is divine. I do not believe he was perfect, or free of sin.

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, or the virgin birth. I believe they were all human beings with the same weaknesses and temptations as the rest of us.

I think God doesn't care if we go to church, or if we are gay, or any of that because those are issues that divide us...I believe He is above such trivial formalities, if He really had a problem with the things we do then He would DO something drastic about it.

I believe Jesus was a real person, and I believe he was a great man and his legacy has survived for so long because of what he stood for, the reforms he fought for, and the peace that he preached. Christ, I believe however, is a creation of the bible.

I'm not questioning or putting down your beliefs, I just don't subscribe to them.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
BoriquaSNK said:
My personal religious beliefs tend to be a bit rocky, they evolved from (and out of) the traditional eternal guilt trip that is Catholicism.

I believe that Jesus was an immensely important prophet and the ideal human being. I do not believe he is divine. I do not believe he was perfect, or free of sin.

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, or the virgin birth. I believe they were all human beings with the same weaknesses and temptations as the rest of us.

I think God doesn't care if we go to church, or if we are gay, or any of that because those are issues that divide us...I believe He is above such trivial formalities, if He really had a problem with the things we do then He would DO something drastic about it.

I believe Jesus was a real person, and I believe he was a great man and his legacy has survived for so long because of what he stood for, the reforms he fought for, and the peace that he preached. Christ, I believe however, is a creation of the bible.

I'm not questioning or putting down your beliefs, I just don't subscribe to them.

I generally don't agree with the stuff you post (opposite sides of the fence and all), but I can completely appreciate this post.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:

Fair enough. *But GOD does indeed state where he stands on the issues you put up within the Bible that was written by the Holy Spirit in-dwelt into the born again believers, thus meaning that the whole argument of "Infalliable Man wrote it" is nonsense. There's no way falliable man could ever on their best day, manage to piece together what is comprised in the Holy Bible, from various langauges and cultures, spread out over a period of time where the 1st Author never met the last author at all, and somehow it all just happened to fit into place like a well constructed puzzle. That right there should prove a higher infalliable being was behind it, just as life was "created" it didn't just happen one day.

Anyhow, GOD lets it be known (I forget where but I can look it up if you really want me to) that he is the same yesterday, today and forever. He exists in three separate entities who are all him. He is the creator, the savior (his own self in human form) and the holy spirit that indwelt's a believer, and is the helper that Jesus mentions to the disciples right before he allowed himself to be taken into the custody of the Romans. All the same, but serving three different functions. It is made clear that the bride groom is Jesus and that his bride is the body of believers, and that while believers live amongst unbelievers and it's their job to witness to them, they are to have support in our fallen world and mainly be amongst their own at a church. And wheresoever three or more ppl gather who are believers that is a church... thus there are passages explaining exactly why there is a need for pastors and more. The people I know who are born again but state church isn't neccessary aren't obviously reading their Bibles. There's a reason for it, there are some things that just won't make sense without others gifted in way many will not be to further along their walks, and the fact that the "True" Kingdom of God is a hierarchy and ultimately not much different from the military, and when one becomes "Born Again" not only is one saved from damnation but they actually are enlisting themselves into a much harder life and one of constant combat in a spiritual war that has already ended, only it hasn't ended in our phsyical realm... meaning we have not yet met up with the point in which it has reached it's conclusion.

As far has being Gay. GOD shows us how he felt and ultimately feels on that issue. That's it's an abomination onto him and all that is Holy. Not so much in the fact of the act of Sodomy, but that the fire in one's heart was only for one of the same sex and of rejecting the plan he had for mankind which was man with woman. He destroyed Sodom & Gomorah for such behavior. This is where many misconstrue scripture by saying GOD hates homos. He doesn't hate homosexuals he hates the circumstance that it is, and that ultimately it was not of his own design for things to be of that nature. GOD saw that Mosiac Law could not be upheld so he sent Jesus into the world through the strain of Abraham and the lineage of David at a specific time and place to a chosen person. Through his sacrifice the world was given the way onto salvation. The whole point of sacrificing his son was in keeping his word to Arbram who was renamed Abraham who was willing to kill his own first born son when GOD instructed him to do so, which was merely a test. That he would have done it, showed GOD his true faith and thus a lamb was put in his son's place. Thus when GOD sacrificed Jesus for the sins of the world he became the lamb of GOD... keeping his covenant with Arbraham... and thus: He loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son.

Like in the Garden of Eden GOD gave man the ability to choose. Thus if one hears the truth of the Savior Jesus Christ and rejects his son, they reject him as the Father and Creator who is no different than in the old testament. It's only through his graces for chosing to place solace in his son's sacrifice that you are cleansed and thus his wrath (manifest any number of ways, be it natural disasters, plagues, fammines, cetain madmen who come to power, etc.) is kept from one. Thus one must forget what they think they know, understand what there is to understand, and leave the rest up to him... and when they fall ask forgiveness in Jesus name and stand upright and begin from the point they fell not neccessarily from the beginning everytime. Thus he does not hate Gays but hates the affliction. I know several people who were Gay at one time who in their homosexual lifestyle came to know the Lord Jesus Christ, and through prayer and support groups they eventually wanted to please GOD and were no longer so. Does this mean he would hate someone who is, finds Jesus and is saved but never gave it up? Nope, that person would still be saved by Grace, not their behavior, but there life might be significantly shorter and the blessings that one would have had is not upon them. Same for wayward children, and people such as myself who rebelled for far too long. Things are allowed to happen until one is either broken enough they give their will to him, or their own folly ends them in ruin, which are the direct results of bad judgement.

I speak not of what is from me, only what is written and what is. If one were to tell you and know with certainty that a nuclear ICBM launched and you had 30 mintues to live, but you chose to not believe it, it wouldn't stop the fact that it was on it's way and you were dead already. Same difference. Thus if the world does not want to believe in him (Jesus) nor trust him, they don't have to, but it doesn't make the end result any different because of it. Then again that's why it's called faith. Heck I say all this knowing full well the ridicule I'll probably get for it, but that's alright. I've been a rebellious little punk for many a season even after being saved, and that would be (being hated or made fun of) a small price to pay for standing upright and doing what I'm instructed to do, as well as begin to live my life in the maner that would please GOD. Does this mean my 2nd nature instincts towards combat are ultimately wrong? Nope, not many can know things of that nature that I know even with training so effortlessly. Thus it will more than likely come to some use to help others at some point, problem was I staked my life on only that. Thus it had a power over me rather than the other way around. When it's time should the need arise I'll have the ability to do what one must, and GOD understands that, contrary to what many who claim to understand really understand.

GK

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thanks Merc...

Ill remember all this next time you talk about wanting to stab some girl with your Meat Sword.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Thanks Merc...

Ill remember all this next time you talk about wanting to stab some girl with your Meat Sword.

I'd laugh to that only it's not funny. It's not something that I'm proud of, like I've said before all of mindless ranting on about doing this or that to some woman, or wanting to shit stomp someone for being a wuss was the result of my own frustration with my own life, and where I have been in it. Sadly even after becoming saved I continued to do EVERYTHING in a manner I wanted to, and GOD allowed it. When the final moment came for me (about a week ago) that I was finally broken to the point I realized what should've been obvious, and more to the point was partially brought to my attention by Binary Code, whom called me on the behavior in a thread, I went so far as to war with him. He was only doing what he was supposed to do... calling out a Christian who had gone astray from the faith. I allowed my faith in man and myself to get so low that I didn't care that I was upsetting GOD. As I struggled to find my equilibrium I kept being told by people in my church who saw two sides of me at the same time, and though not understanding it, never judged me... they kept saying "You're simply not broken enough yet. It'll happen, trust me kid I was far worse than even you in my areas of confusion and rebellion."

That of course would only upset me more, and I'd almost make it a point to let everyone know I'd crush them with my fists or superior fighting skills, which of course didn't impress anyone, and it shouldn't have. All I had was those skills that had become more powerful over me than GOD's love for me or caring about much of anything else. I'd taken his gifts of me being an articulate, bright and ultimately caring individual as well as one born with a naturally aggressive personality, and somehow let my mind get twisted enough that I was saved by Jesus Christ by my own volition, but one who had not totally handed over his will to him. When the moment came that I simply surrendered my will, I honestly had thought it be some nervous breakdown as I'd had since becoming saved in 2002... only it wasn't that way. I just woke up different, and prayed probably for about 2 hours straight. When it was over a lot of the things that had mattered to me both on these boards and offline no longer mattered. To have allowed my ridiculous antics just to get a rise out of ppl. Just to join in "TEH DRAMA"... what was it all worth? NOTHING.

Thus I don't even care to erase old posts or threads. Let whomever cares to see the timeline from Stormrider_2977 through Merc X99 when I did have an awakening of sorts and had changed for the better, only I was depending on myself still, and thus crash & burned towards the end of my Merc X99 days that well into my final account of Grizzly King has been the outrageously crass and foul self, until now. Thus anything from this point on, which won't be much as I'm leaving this cesspool shortly (I've got some business to finish first, deals not completed, possibly sell some other stuff to ppl who may want it), and then I'm out. If I stay here for the long haul I'll only end up acting out in the very manner you are talking about. I'm not saying that I'll never have a bad day again, or that I cannot fall, but this place (at least for me) has proven to be that in which assists in one becoming a lunatic in their own right. I might come in from time to time if I really get curious, but more than likely I'll be too busy hanging out at the small but growing, and more laid back "non drama" web community of Sega-Spetsnaz, raising my daughter, and not in the manner that I'd allowed the lies to overpower "truth", and going about living, rather than trying to start a war evertime I get bored.

Make of this what you will man. A man's got to know his limitations and apparently I found mine with the daily accessing of this place, and it has changed a lot since I first came here in May of 2002, and none of it for the better. Though I don't blame the site for my ultimate actions, as I'm responsible for them, it hasn't been the most positive over me. "Live in truth, and with honor & be sincere, for it is a dying trait."

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I just wanted to see what you would say...... Your posts are the best.

As a Christian struggling with who he is... I feel sympathy for you.

Grizzly King said:
I'd laugh to that only it's not funny. It's not something that I'm proud of, like I've said before all of mindless ranting on about doing this or that to some woman, or wanting to shit stomp someone for being a wuss was the result of my own frustration with my own life, and where I have been in it. Sadly even after becoming saved I continued to do EVERYTHING in a manner I wanted to, and GOD allowed it. When the final moment came for me (about a week ago) that I was finally broken to the point I realized what should've been obvious, and more to the point was partially brought to my attention by Binary Code, whom called me on the behavior in a thread, I went so far as to war with him. He was only doing what he was supposed to do... calling out a Christian who had gone astray from the faith. I allowed my faith in man and myself to get so low that I didn't care that I was upsetting GOD. As I struggled to find my equilibrium I kept being told by people in my church who saw two sides of me at the same time, and though not understanding it, never judged me... they kept saying "You're simply not broken enough yet. It'll happen, trust me kid I was far worse than even you in my areas of confusion and rebellion."

That of course would only upset me more, and I'd almost make it a point to let everyone know I'd crush them with my fists or superior fighting skills, which of course didn't impress anyone, and it shouldn't have. All I had was those skills that had become more powerful over me than GOD's love for me or caring about much of anything else. I'd taken his gifts of me being an articulate, bright and ultimately caring individual as well as one born with a naturally aggressive personality, and somehow let my mind get twisted enough that I was saved by Jesus Christ by my own volition, but one who had not totally handed over his will to him. When the moment came that I simply surrendered my will, I honestly had thought it be some nervous breakdown as I'd had since becoming saved in 2002... only it wasn't that way. I just woke up different, and prayed probably for about 2 hours straight. When it was over a lot of the things that had mattered to me both on these boards and offline no longer mattered. To have allowed my ridiculous antics just to get a rise out of ppl. Just to join in "TEH DRAMA"... what was it all worth? NOTHING.

Thus I don't even care to erase old posts or threads. Let whomever cares to see the timeline from Stormrider_2977 through Merc X99 when I did have an awakening of sorts and had changed for the better, only I was depending on myself still, and thus crash & burned towards the end of my Merc X99 days that well into my final account of Grizzly King has been the outrageously crass and foul self, until now. Thus anything from this point on, which won't be much as I'm leaving this cesspool shortly (I've got some business to finish first, deals not completed, possibly sell some other stuff to ppl who may want it), and then I'm out. If I stay here for the long haul I'll only end up acting out in the very manner you are talking about. I'm not saying that I'll never have a bad day again, or that I cannot fall, but this place (at least for me) has proven to be that in which assists in one becoming a lunatic in their own right. I might come in from time to time if I really get curious, but more than likely I'll be too busy hanging out at the small but growing, and more laid back "non drama" web community of Sega-Spetsnaz, raising my daughter, and not in the manner that I'd allowed the lies to overpower "truth", and going about living, rather than trying to start a war evertime I get bored.

Make of this what you will man. A man's got to know his limitations and apparently I found mine with the daily accessing of this place, and it has changed a lot since I first came here in May of 2002, and none of it for the better. Though I don't blame the site for my ultimate actions, as I'm responsible for them, it hasn't been the most positive over me. "Live in truth, and with honor & be sincere, for it is a dying trait."