Do you think the NeoStore should do another sale?

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Do you guys think that the NeoStore should do another sale soon? It has been ages since the last sale you know and Shawn is sitting on a large pile of games which seem to not move as of late. I guess people have lost interest in the Neo Geo. If I was him, I would cut prices by 1/4 and try to sell as quickly as possible so I wouldn't have to do a fire sale later on. Naturally, if the NeoSTore goes down, this site will go down. Just food for thought.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If Shawn had a sale, I'd be all over a jpn copy of Matrimelee.

The further I get in school, the more my bank account funds dwindle even though I earn more now!

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Magnaflux said:
If Shawn had a sale, I'd be all over a jpn copy of Matrimelee.

The further I get in school, the more my bank account funds dwindle even though I earn more now!

Once I get some money, here is what I would get:

1. US King of Fighters 2003
2. US King of Fighters 2001
3. US Samurai Shodown 5

I think that the price for the KOF 2001 is good but I think that the other two games' prices should be lowered because neither one of those titles are selling anymore for some reason. Personally, $335 for SSV is a bit much IMHO as well as $359 for KOF 2003 when you can get it for the PS2 console for about $30. See what I mean?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Makismo said:
Once I get some money, here is what I would get:

1. US King of Fighters 2003
2. US King of Fighters 2001
3. US Samurai Shodown 5

I think that the price for the KOF 2001 is good but I think that the other two games' prices should be lowered because neither one of those titles are selling anymore for some reason. Personally, $335 for SSV is a bit much IMHO as well as $359 for KOF 2003 when you can get it for the PS2 console for about $30. See what I mean?

Those prices are, frankly, ridiculous. In the event that SSV was up to say, the quality level that SSIV is then it would be worth it. I find that '03 is definately not up to my expectations.

2001 is a solid and very fun title. I spend many, many hours learning different combos, striker combinations and just having fun with it.

I can't really say if current gen ports have effected the neo prices much, I've not been paying much attention.

Finally, homecart prices are and have always been ridiculous. In light of that, the right game that I'll play for a year or longer (kof '02/garou/kof '99/SSIV) are worth the purchase price to me.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Shit I'll never turn down a SALE when it comes to video games. Beyond that I don't much care to get dragged to Sales with the wife that involve clothing. There's quite a few things I'd buy from NEOSTORE if he did, but I'm still a bit skeptical to order anything with the way things were a few months back. I want to know after I order something and I pay for 2-Day Air UPS that I'm getting it 2-Days later, not worrying about Worlds of Warcraft. Maybe things are back to normal, but I'd have to see a virtual who's who of NG.Com stating otherwise.

GK

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Magnaflux said:
Those prices are, frankly, ridiculous. In the event that SSV was up to say, the quality level that SSIV is then it would be worth it. I find that '03 is definately not up to my expectations.

2001 is a solid and very fun title. I spend many, many hours learning different combos, striker combinations and just having fun with it.

I can't really say if current gen ports have effected the neo prices much, I've not been paying much attention.

Finally, homecart prices are and have always been ridiculous. In light of that, the right game that I'll play for a year or longer (kof '02/garou/kof '99/SSIV) are worth the purchase price to me.

I think that the prices for these titles should be this:

KOF 2001 - $125
KOF 2003 - $279
SSV - $249

I think that they would sell well at these prices. They are not too low and not too high (well, some would think that they would be too high even at these prices). I kind of doubt Shawn would lower them to these levels but I think that it would be better for him if he did because they would move a lot quicker. As it stands, he has been holding onto his stock for far too long and those games just have to move. Sitting on an unmoving stock while the fans of the system drift away isn't a very good idea. I know Chris Ray sold out before it got to this point so I think that Shawn should sell out before it is too late.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
If there ever is a sale...I wont buy from the neostore until they fix there problems. There is games I want but until then...nope.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Things are not looking good...

Insaneclown said:
If there ever is a sale...I wont buy from the neostore until they fix there problems. There is games I want but until then...nope.

I tried to order 6 black shock boxes from the NeoStore the other day but I never heard back from Shawn. I emailed Big Bear and bought them off of him instead. I used to hear back from Shawn that very night or within 24 hours at the latest. It has been about 5 days since I have emailed Shawn and I never got a response from him about the shock boxes. I guess he doesn't want my business or something. I think that he should stop playing the World of Warcraft and get on the ball or his business will go up in flames. Perhaps Shawn just doesn't care anymore? Who knows, but if I was him, I would be as nice and as quick as possible with emails and orders because he has hundreds of games to sell. I hope that this site will be around a little longer but I think that this might not happen if things do not change soon and for the better.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Is anybody else having trouble ordering from the store? When I click the "buy" button, I get an error page.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
loopyeddie said:
Is anybody else having trouble ordering from the store? When I click the "buy" button, I get an error page.

Eddie,

I just tried to buy something at it lets me go through the entire purchase process. What item were you trying to purchase?

Phillip

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Makismo said:
I tried to order 6 black shock boxes from the NeoStore the other day but I never heard back from Shawn. I emailed Big Bear and bought them off of him instead. I used to hear back from Shawn that very night or within 24 hours at the latest. It has been about 5 days since I have emailed Shawn and I never got a response from him about the shock boxes. I guess he doesn't want my business or something. I think that he should stop playing the World of Warcraft and get on the ball or his business will go up in flames. Perhaps Shawn just doesn't care anymore? Who knows, but if I was him, I would be as nice and as quick as possible with emails and orders because he has hundreds of games to sell. I hope that this site will be around a little longer but I think that this might not happen if things do not change soon and for the better.

I know...I used to hear from Shawn all the time when I bought from him. Then I started hearing problems going on with the neostore. Maybe something is just wrong you know. He wants business I know that...but who knows what the problem could be. Hopefully he comes back...with full force...and straightens everything out.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Insaneclown said:
Hopefully he comes back...with full force...and straightens everything out.

The minute he does that and I know Worlds or Warcraft is no longer a factor, I'd just be stupid enough to charge up my VISA card like I used to all the time @ his store. Though right now I'm hunting old school devoted cabs.

GK

sven666

War Room Troll
Grizzly King said:
The minute he does that and I know Worlds or Warcraft is no longer a factor,

thats pathetic...

face it, the neostore has a poor rep (at best), using something as ridiculous as WoW for an excuse is just throwing more fuel for the fire...

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
Yeah, maybe before doing a Sale, they should garantie that they're really going ship the items that has been ordered... :mad:

(ordered one month ago, still nothing, no respond...)

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Despite the issues, I'd still order again. I got my KOF01' very quickly after ordering it during the last sale. If he did have another sale, I wouldn't mind picking up SSV.

Also keep in mind that we have no clue what Shawn paid for these titles. With no new Neo titles and only the AW putting out new products, I doubt he'd want to sell off nearly all his new items for under what he paid for them. The AW isn't a hot selling item to say the least.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Abasuto said:
Also keep in mind that we have no clue what Shawn paid for these titles. With no new Neo titles and only the AW putting out new products, I doubt he'd want to sell off nearly all his new items for under what he paid for them. The AW isn't a hot selling item to say the least.

I agree but eventually he will have to take a loss. I mean all his AW titles are way more than the going rates. He will never sell them all at those prices.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Bulletnyourass said:
Eddie,

I just tried to buy something at it lets me go through the entire purchase process. What item were you trying to purchase?

Phillip

I just tried it again, and still just an error. I can't figure it out...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've never had any problems with the Neostore. Although I've not had much business, every transaction I've had the items have arrived in 2 days.

Spirantho

n00b
Don't do a sale. Please.
I'm skintish and haven't bought an AES game in a while, and I've been hankering after SSVS particularly for too long. If the price were to drop by much I may just succumb to the evils of temptation....!

So please, think of my poor starving bank account and don't do a sale!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
I've never had any problems with the Neostore. Although I've not had much business, every transaction I've had the items have arrived in 2 days.

Same here. I just got KOF 2001 a month or so ago, maybe 6 weeks, and it arrived in 3 days.

Never had any other problems with Neostore, either.

Oh, and I'd dig a sale. I'd be up for a copy of SSVS on AES or maybe a LB2.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
sven666 said:
thats pathetic...

face it, the neostore has a poor rep (at best), using something as ridiculous as WoW for an excuse is just throwing more fuel for the fire...

Actually when I did my peak business with NeoStore in 2002 I bought damn near $1,500 worth of games from there. At that time I was into AES, and it's partly what led me to having to sell it and go MVS. Thing is is this: *At that time I only dealt with Neo Store, save a cart here or there from MD Game Sales (like my first VIC-A "Shock Troopers")... because I knew that NeoStore was tight and the games were always tiptop. Then I got into MVS after buying me a 2-Slot Cab and bought some stuff from NS as well as other board members... THEN, suddenly about the time I was going to start doing business there again all these horror stories began about how ppl were waiting months to get their stuff, or that he didn't email ppl back for months. Thus I see nothing Pathetic in being overly cautious about my spending habbits. Sucks too cause there's like two games I want right now but It's not worth the risk to me. 'sides, I'm preoccupied with hunting down older "Devoted" uprights for the time being.

GK

sven666

War Room Troll
Grizzly King said:
Actually when I did my peak business with NeoStore in 2002 I bought damn near $1,500 worth of games from there. At that time I was into AES, and it's partly what led me to having to sell it and go MVS. Thing is is this: *At that time I only dealt with Neo Store, save a cart here or there from MD Game Sales (like my first VIC-A "Shock Troopers")... because I knew that NeoStore was tight and the games were always tiptop. Then I got into MVS after buying me a 2-Slot Cab and bought some stuff from NS as well as other board members... THEN, suddenly about the time I was going to start doing business there again all these horror stories began about how ppl were waiting months to get their stuff, or that he didn't email ppl back for months. Thus I see nothing Pathetic in being overly cautious about my spending habbits. Sucks too cause there's like two games I want right now but It's not worth the risk to me. 'sides, I'm preoccupied with hunting down older "Devoted" uprights for the time being.

GK

i actually meant shawns attitude to his own buisness and customers, not you being cautious (which you have every right to be imo)...

:)

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
Shawn is one of the good guys folks.... :oh_no: I don't know what the issues are with the Neo store but I have been around for a long time and I have never heard of one person who he screwed around. That being said I am sorry to here business is going down hill for what ever reason. The Neo Store has always been the place you could go to for nice stuff. I would send Shawn 10k right now and know for sure my money is in the hands of a trustworthy individual.