Double Dragon IV / Neon (Limited Run)(Switch)

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Limited Run Announces Two Double Dragon Physical Releases For Switch

jHTcA3k.jpg

CucnsH3.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
first off, to get this out of the way, fuck LRG (I really can't stand them and my hands are still clean)

Ok, now

I thought DDIV was a fail? Maybe I should play it, but it wasn't well received, which makes me sound like a hypocrite because well I liked Neon and that had a mixed reception. How do you guys feel about those games?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, Neon is alright. I also remember hearing IV was shit.

I wouldn't mind owning Neon it's just all their marketing and the ridiculous shit they include in all these special editions is pandering to the lowest level of collecting. I like that most of these games get physical releases.

Can we just get SE releases that come in a standard case with a nice manual, ST and maybe an art book or something.

Fuck these shitty figures, coins, cards, gimmicky boxes and ugly ass posters etc. It's straight up junk.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Yeah, Neon is alright. I also remember hearing IV was shit.

I wouldn't mind owning Neon it's just all their marketing and the ridiculous shit they include in all these special editions is pandering to the lowest level of collecting. I like that most of these games get physical releases.

Can we just get SE releases that come in a standard case with a nice manual, ST and maybe an art book or something.

Fuck these shitty figures, coins, cards, gimmicky boxes and ugly ass posters etc. It's straight up junk.

Neon had a good soundtrack. Love this cheesy 80s shit:

Still won't sell my soul to LRG to get the CD. I mean, I stopped doing that shit for vinyl records and their shitty "limited editions".

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm rather burned out from buying lrg currently.Much as i like DDN still it's no surprise any game by wayfoward get's a physical release through them.To bad some one like xseed games couldn't have double dragon neon release at retail instead.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Can't believe it's been 8.5 years since Neon came out...what the flip.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I thought DDIV was a fail? Maybe I should play it, but it wasn't well received, which makes me sound like a hypocrite because well I liked Neon and that had a mixed reception. How do you guys feel about those games?

I really liked DDIV. It's a $5 budget game and has been since day one. To put it in perspective, it's priced only $1 more than any XBL/PSN/VC version of the original NES games. I've paid five bucks for a hamburger that I took one bite of and threw in the garbage.

It's designed as a direct sequel to the NES game and (mostly) looks and plays the part. If you enjoyed the NES ports it's easily worth the entry fee, especially for the survival mode and the ability to play as every CPU character.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
DDIV worked for me. DD2 on the NES was probably my favorite DD of all time, and IV is just more of the same....

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Double Dragon IV has that weird safe spot at the bottom of the screen. Just walk all the way down, and enemies can't hit you. Such a bizarre thing to see in a beatemup.

I think it's more aimed at people who like to unlock things. There's lots of characters to mess around with.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DDIV worked for me. DD2 on the NES was probably my favorite DD of all time, and IV is just more of the same....

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I liked DD1 more. Besides the awesome soundtrack, I think just having one game to play everyday for a year made me get good at it and eventually beating it. I can only beat it now with sheer luck. I just have to get past the brick part which is insane.

I beat DD2 in a weekend.

Edited: to make it clear and concise.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
DD1 is better than 2, easily. The Revenge is OK but 1 is tops. roker did you ever beat III? That game sucked so much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DD1 is better than 2, easily. The Revenge is OK but 1 is tops. roker did you ever beat III? That game sucked so much.
III was fun dude. But 2 was beautiful for the ‘80s. Sprites felt so big and clear.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I can still play DD2, but DD1 is a novelty.
I can enjoy DD1 now, but i remember being quite frustrated and disappointed renting this game as a kid.

DD2 had co-op with what still feel like tight controls. The special moves felt rewarding and connected with force.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
For anyone that might care, DD IV for Xbox One is on sale for $3.44 for the next week or so.