DS Lite Cases? What y'all using..

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
I've been looking about for a nice DS case and to be honest not had much luck yet except for generic cheapo ones on ebay.. On my original DS I bought one of the PolyForm ones off ebay and its been fine, same with my micro but the DS lite ones look pretty tacky for such a stylish console :oh_no:

I've been looking at getting the official nintendo uk one from Game its £9.99 and I've been told theres a really sweet looking carbon-like one available so I've reserved the only one they had at my local store and may pick that up 2moro.

I've also seen this case on mtv.com through the google search:

I wanted one like that for my old DS but never got round to getting one, seems pretty cheap but no UK sources that i can find.. :(

Heres a tiny/crapy pic of the official uk case: (In light blue instead of the nicer Carbon one)

(You can click both pics for links)

What have you all got/thinking of getting?

Olly.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
What you want is the Hori Multipouch

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-1by3.html

PA.62139.002.jpg

Pimptacular.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I have had this one (linked below) for a while and it is great. Play-Asia doesn't have it in stock currently, but for $11 it is a good buy and worth waiting for it. It has pouches that hold a GBA game and 4 DS games.

Link Here!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I got this one: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802348

Although you can't tell in that pic, the case in made up of this meshy and soft kind of material.

It comes in a variety of colors, but I went with the Dark Blue/Black version.

I snagged it the other day at Circuit City for $10 when I was picking up some games and I quite like it.

It had some lame soft plastic kind of holder thing for the bottom half of the DS Lite built into the flap of the case (which you can see in the pic.)

The whole thing didn't feel comfortable at all... so I just ripped that plastic thing out (it had no negative effect on the overall look and feel of the case) and have been using it as a normal carrying case.

There's a zipped-up section on the back to store games in and it fits about two GBA ones and about four DS ones comfortably (you could cram more in there easily if you really wanted to.)

Overall?

It was easily worth the money and fits nicely into my back pocket without being all that noticable.

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I got this one: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802348

Although you can't tell in that pic, the case in made up of this meshy and soft kind of material.

It comes in a variety of colors, but I went with the Dark Blue/Black version.

I snagged it the other day at Circuit City for $10 when I was picking up some games and I quite like it.

It had some lame soft plastic kind of holder thing for the bottom half of the DS Lite built into the flap of the case (which you can see in the pic.)

The whole thing didn't feel comfortable at all... so I just ripped that plastic thing out (it had no negative effect on the overall look and feel of the case) and have been using it as a normal carrying case.

There's a zipped-up section on the back to store games in and it fits about two GBA ones and about four DS ones comfortably (you could cram more in there easily if you really wanted to.)

Overall?

It was easily worth the money and fits nicely into my back pocket without being all that noticable.

That sounds exactly the same as our uk official one, everything you mentioned is the same, and that god damned inner plastic thing wtf!? why bother putting that piece of crap in there I'm definately ripping that out, it was almost enough to totally put me of the case.

Well turns out they didn't have the super cool carbon one instock the other store in my town but they did have a nice white one which would go well with my white DS, hmm I'll think about picking that up 2moro..

Cheers for the review though :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
zzz9%20083.jpg

heres my case, I even got another one for my friend

original gb case BWOOYYYYys

:buttrock:

used it for my DS, and I'll use it for my lite, and probably the thing after, yeah :chimp:

+10 old school points

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I never put my orignal DS in a case and it got all hackd up. I'm not taking any chances with the Lite. I just use an old camera case. It holds all my games, the AC Adapter, and the Lite.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I picked this one up after looking long and hard. I wanted one that one safely cushion the system for the most part but i also wanted to store several games, both DS and GBA too. This case has a cushioned back zipper area, a middle area that has 8 long slots that are mesh and enclosed on 3 sides to allow for 8 GBA games or 16 DS or any combination there of. It also has a front zipper pouch in the front for accessories like headphones, recharge cable, etc. Theres a bonus zipper on the backside that allows just enough space for the cleanning rag for your screens. It has a belt loop on the backside and a hanging loop to utilize. Overall its a pretty versatile case and safely stores both system, games and accessories. I think it was originally designed for the original DS eventhough it fits the Lite equally well.

DSLitecase2.jpg

DSLitecase.jpg

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
First, I was using this case that I bought when the O.G. GBA launched. Then, I switched to this case that I used for my Gameboy Pocket. Then, while on the hunt for cheap games at Circuit City, I found this case that is actually for use with DS. It's a Nintendo product... I recall quite clearly the model #, which was printed very large on the packaging. NDS 15. It owns. It's extremely functional.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
beatifik said:
i use the back pocket of my jeans.

keep it simple.

i've broken some lcd screens that way.
the ds is different.
i'd probably accidently crack the casing though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lime2K said:
Here's my case:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802265

Ignore the mario sticker, this is an awesome case, and no annoying play-thru plasic crap.

I don't like how it's not secure on the top

are they kidding me with that velcro?

I returned mine quick

now I have the one that AJ has

but I hated that plastic shit underneath

so I ripped it out like he said

and it's fine

the perfect case

minimal

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
the hori multipouch is teh pimpness.
BIG's case is straight outta compton..
i mean konohagakure. i kept mines
in my psp pouch which easily fit in my
pocket for on the go. that is while i
still had it.. :crying: NNOOO!!!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
califoreigner said:
that is while i
still had it.. :crying: NNOOO!!!

It's coming to a goo home, I'll babycare it... And I'll need some sort of case too :chimp: