E-Wheels

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So, is anyone here into any of the electric skate or wheel stuff?

Those onewheel boards look super fun as do some of the ewheels.

The scooters and bikes not as much, but I can see how the pedal assist setup on the bikes would be cool.

I'm halfway thinking about picking something up to have some fun with, maybe use for short trips around town or to work during nice weather.

We have some pretty nice trails and the ones that do the off road stuff look really fun too.

https://onewheel.com/

Would have to get some good gear though to keep from killing my old fat ass when I hit the ground.

https://www.ewheels.com/

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I personally like bikes better, i just own a regular bikes but i have tried e-bike and it is pretty fun.

Only setback on the one i had was the limit of assist at around 15mph. Then you have a pretty heavy bike if you are going faster, or that you can buy and insert some chip to take the limit off.

If you are just cruising during nice weather and don't care about speed then obviously you do not need the chip.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The first one looks like hard work - like land snowboarding, you need some thighs for that. Second one looks pretty fucking cool, would buy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The first one I haven't seen.

The second one (electric unicycle is the English name?) has been popular here for about 7 years, not too uncommon to see people using them for commute (it helps that cities here are completely flat, no hills, and on grid systems).

IIRC, the technology for the second one evolved from Segway, when it got sold to a Chinese company this is what they built. Far less clunkier and goofy looking than the original Segway, which was ahead of its time.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I dunno about that unicycle, but the Onewheel looks fun. If I ride that to the train station every day instead of parking that thing would pay for itself in a year.

Shame i’m too old, fat and uncoordinated to ever be able actually ride that thing.