eBay: Aero Fighters 3 AES for sale: want to own the most controversial Neo-Geo game ever?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I can post a wall of text again if you prefer but I'm not sure you're going to read half of it so yeah... Let's keep it simple. It's not like you really care anyway.

Are you really comparing a multicart that has always been listed and sold as such to the US AF3 counterfeit that was listed as an authentic holy grail coming straight out of Jesus ass and sold for thirty freaking thousand dollars to give more credibility to the most epic sales pitch we have ever seen on here?

You can hate Shawn all you want -I'm not too fond of what is going on in the neostore myself -, the thing is: he's not telling his buyers that the 161-in-1 carts are real and came from a former SNK employee and he certainly doesn't ask $30,000 for them.

Not sure where you get that I hate Shawn. I actually like him a lot. I see the forest from the trees here, and accept the forums for what they are, and not for the rules set up by a long gone mod, for a long gone time.

Every time you post those rules, I laugh. And that's not because I don't like you. I like you too. But I think you're being immature and delusional if you think the application of those rules has ever been more than arbitrary and capricious.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Not sure where you get that I hate Shawn. I actually like him a lot. I see the forest from the trees here, and accept the forums for what they are, and not for the rules set up by a long gone mod, for a long gone time.

Every time you post those rules, I laugh. And that's not because I don't like you. I like you too. But I think you're being immature and delusional if you think the application of those rules has ever been more than arbitrary and capricious.

Wow... finally a real answer! Thanks!

Oh I know that the rules are a joke now that Bobak is gone. The problem is the way the reality got twisted to make it look like TonK was 100% innocent. The smear tactics against the buyers were totally unfair imo. Also, I get the double standard thing but his comeback could have been planned better. You should have posted a thread explaining what is going on and why you believe this forum is better with TonK. Lots of people here are sad/mad and can't believe that you guys didn't even remove his market privileges.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow... finally a real answer! Thanks!

Oh I know that the rules are a joke now that Bobak is gone. The problem is the way the reality got twisted to make it look like TonK was 100% innocent. The smear tactics against the buyers were totally unfair imo. Also, I get the double standard thing but his comeback could have been planned better. You should have posted a thread explaining what is going on and why you believe this forum is better with TonK. Lots of people here are sad/mad and can't believe that you guys didn't even remove his market privileges.

Because it's stupid to punish a grown man like we are a chartered city with municipal laws.

No. We treat each other like adults. You, and those other mad people, love it when someone is treated like a kid. And in cases like Zeljko, it may seem warranted. I am don't treating people like kids. If I want to deal with them, I take that risk myself. If I don't want to deal with them that's my choice.

If you want to educate members about the selling history of other members, that's your prerogative. But expecting us mods to punish other member for their deals is silly.

Tonk has been very consistent in his description of the events, and has been consistent in denying that he knew for sure what the history of the game is. You want to listen to chamane and waku7, then go ahead. You're a grown man, despite the games you're surrounded by, and you can draw your own conclusions, as black and white as you desire.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Brandi is completely in his right to feel as he does. We cannot dictate another man's feelings. But he knew when he bought the game that it was a risk. And when he decided to buy the game he specifically stated, emphatically, that he was going to take the risk. There was never a doubt that this game was ever without doubt.

He is one of only a few people with a dog in this fight.

I'm with you, the thing that bother me is the convenient denial he is about the game being fake or not, all that noise about discontent and now all of a sudden the question mark is back like a NGF sticker of death. So which is it for Brandi? He can't have it both ways, it's too late to backpedal, he must live with his decision. Selling it is not the problem, is the way he's presenting the damn thing.

Brandi bought in knowing there was a risk, no matter how small or how well dressed up it was, the risk was always there, it never disappeared. Was the risk covered in candy? Yes, it was! Was the risk like the ginger bread house? Yes it was but the candy is all gone, the risk has been taken and the witch is done. The are no more risks left to be had, although here we have Brandi bathe in oblivion trying to play that scenario again hoping someone will take a risk on a stupid story like he did.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
would be nice to leave the prices up Brandi if it did sell....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's why I said there are lulz to be gained. The benefit here is in the people watching, not so much the seller.

I realize you're taking this seriously, clearly everyone else isn't.

I'm not taking it seriously, as much as I'd love to see an open 99cent auction, it just won't happen.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Putting this on eBay was a huge risk:

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

You cant complain a counterfeit is a counterfeit

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'd be a lot more likely to believe it was pulled than was actually sold.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Counterfeit items

Counterfeit was not the right word to describe this game, unless one means to say that AF3 homecarts are real, and someone made a fake one.

Otherwise, the game is legitimate or a conversion.

I mean, sure, it could be counterfeit, but that would be the most mind blowing twist on this entire saga.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yep, if it was sold, the link would still work for something like 30 days.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Because it's stupid to punish a grown man like we are a chartered city with municipal laws.

No. We treat each other like adults. You, and those other mad people, love it when someone is treated like a kid. And in cases like Zeljko, it may seem warranted. I am don't treating people like kids. If I want to deal with them, I take that risk myself. If I don't want to deal with them that's my choice.

If you want to educate members about the selling history of other members, that's your prerogative. But expecting us mods to punish other member for their deals is silly.

Wow.

Are you saying that thieves are treated like kids here and punishing them is stupid? Are you saying that we should welcome them like adults and give them the opportunities to scam more people? Are you saying that it's always the victims's fault and that they should be more cautious? Are you saying that it's not your job to protect them as a mod? Coming from a mod who also happens to be a lawyer, this is hard to believe.

For the good sake of these forums, I'll just say that you were drunk when you posted this message. I don't want to see this as a slap in the face to both Rot and VT who both have been doing a great job protecting this place over the past few years by doing exactly what you find stupid.

Evil Wasabi said:
Tonk has been very consistent in his description of the events, and has been consistent in denying that he knew for sure what the history of the game is.

What you meant to say is that TonK has been very consitent in afirming to the buyers that the game was real and the source verified. I can post a wall of quotes again (with provenance) if you want.

Evil Wasabi said:
You want to listen to chamane and waku7, then go ahead. You're a grown man, despite the games you're surrounded by, and you can draw your own conclusions, as black and white as you desire.

I like the way you're bringing Chamane and Waku into Brandi's thread. I see you're relying on good old frogs hate. Classic. The fact is, I never even talked to Waku about the AF3 clusterfuck and the last time I talked to Chamane, I basically told him to stop posting for his own good. It happened live on the forums, ask Rot. Do I believe all what Chamane said? The answer to that question is totally irrelevant here. Why? Because TonK wasn't the owner of the game in this particular transaction, it was DavidG's game.

Do I need to say again and again what TonK really did wrong? He sold his own copy of the game to Brandi. The question should have been, do I believe what Brandi said about the way the game has a been presented to him? I don't have to. I just have to read TonK's posts. I can post a wall of quotes again (with provenance) if you want. He said many times here on these forums that the game was real and the source verified. He also refused to give any information about the source and kept doing so until he sold every copy of the game.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
There's no shortage of idiots amongst Neo collectors so not surprising.
Forgive me.

Didn't you just post a thread offering approx $2k for a US Metal Slug 3? $2000 for a video game?

IIR...C?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow.

Are you saying that thieves are treated like kids here and punishing them is stupid? Are you saying that we should welcome them like adults and give them the opportunities to scam more people? Are you saying that it's always the victims's fault and that they should be more cautious? Are you saying that it's not your job to protect them as a mod? Coming from a mod who also happens to be a lawyer, this is hard to believe.

For the good sake of these forums, I'll just say that you were drunk when you posted this message. I don't want to see this as a slap in the face to both Rot and VT who both have been doing a great job protecting this place over the past few years by doing exactly what you find stupid.

What you meant to say is that TonK has been very consitent in afirming to the buyers that the game was real and the source verified. I can post a wall of quotes again (with provenance) if you want.

I like the way you're bringing Chamane and Waku into Brandi's thread. I see you're relying on good old frogs hate. Classic. The fact is, I never even talked to Waku about the AF3 clusterfuck and the last time I talked to Chamane, I basically told him to stop posting for his own good. It happened live on the forums, ask Rot. Do I believe all what Chamane said? The answer to that question is is totally irrelevant here. Why? Because TonK wasn't the owner of the game in this particular transaction, it was DavidG's game.

Do I need to say again and again what TonK really did wrong? He sold his own copy of the game to Brandi. The question should have been, do I believe what Brandi said about the way the game has a been presented to him? I don't have to. I just have to read TonK's posts. I can post a wall of quotes again (with provenance) if you want. He said many times here on these forums that the game was real and the source verified. He also refused to give any information about the source and kept doing so until he sold every copy of the game.

You have a very childish view of this.

I don't blame the buyers. I recognize their acceptance of risk.

I don't have a duty to protect grown men from themselves.

You want to talk about duty? How about not poisoning brandi's thread?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You have a very childish view of this.

I don't blame the buyers. I recognize their acceptance of risk.

I don't have a duty to protect grown men from themselves.

You want to talk about duty? How about not poisoning brandi's thread?

The auction is gone, not sure what I'm poisoning. Maybe this thread should get locked just like the last one.

BTW, I was in for the lulz until you posted this:

Good luck, Brandi. It's a shame that small people like Cedric made you feel so much regret over the choice you made as a man.

Not sure who's having a childish view here.