Ebay sent me a $20 coupon (Apology for the password breach?)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Bought KOF MIRA :)

The coupon code is CSAVINGS20

Expires June 30th IIRC

My friend didn't get an email so I gave him the coupon code and it didn't work for him so idk whats up.

Did anybody here get one?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Got one, too. Haven't decided on what to use it on.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I received one as well...and figured it was spam or something. It's actually legit?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
no $20 coupon, but they keep emailing me that i can sell for free and upon completing a sale, i'll receive a $25 coupon. don't really care to sell anything though

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's account bound, meaning they activate it for some people.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
That's fookin' sweet, daddy wants to buy some soiled panties.

edit - Searching emails, I did not receive a coupon. :/

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I didnt get one yet. If i do im getting a boob job with it.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I got one after a purchase this week. Already used it to buy spinmaster!

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
didn't get one either. Was it in an email or did you receive a message to your ebay account?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
No coupon here either. I haven't bought anything off eBay since early May, though. I'd be half tempted to make a small purchase as an experiment to see if I immediately receive a message with the coupon code.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
It was sent by e-mail but it also shows up in ebay when you look at price of items and when you pay .

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I read on another forum about these coupons. People started getting them last week. I haven't gotten one tho. I wonder for those of you who have gotten them, are you active sellers?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I read on another forum about these coupons. People started getting them last week. I haven't gotten one tho. I wonder for those of you who have gotten them, are you active sellers?

All I got was a bill this morning.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

Definitely not a seller at all, active or otherwise.

It just showed up in my ebay messages inbox with the message:

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for being a loyal eBay customer. We appreciate your continued business and apologize for any interruption you may have recently experienced in your shopping.

To show our appreciation, we want to offer you a $20 Coupon that can be applied toward any future purchase on eBay.

We’re glad to have you as part of the eBay community and thank you for choosing to shop with us. If you need any help accessing your account, just call 866-540-3229. Enjoy your Coupon.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Nope not a seller but it did come in right after a payment of something i won.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I buy often but haven't sold anything in a couple of years.

Like I said in the opening post, I think this has something to do with the PW breach. The message:

Dear ...............,

Thank you for being a loyal eBay customer. We appreciate your continued business and apologize for any interruption you may have recently experienced in your shopping.

To show our appreciation, we want to offer you a $20 Coupon that can be applied toward any future purchase on eBay.

We’re glad to have you as part of the eBay community and thank you for choosing to shop with us. If you need any help accessing your account, just call 866-540-3229. Enjoy your Coupon.

And yes the coupon does work. I already cashed mine in and my (almost) free game is on its way.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
They probably sent it to the accounts that were actually compromised. :lolz:

Better check your credit report, Wachen.