EspGaluda pcb issues

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I recently sold a EspGaluda to a guy on the forums and he was telling me that it
got to him broken, I played the game one final time on my cab just basically to say goodbye to the game before I shipped it out. Got to the 4th lvl on 1 credit and basically shipped it out the following day. The buyer just got it and he was telling me it's not working on his supergun and I am more then willing to pay him back his money but the issue I am wanting to know about is does the hardware Esp Galuda runs on have any issues with Superguns or is there something different you need to do to get it working.

He told me his SG works with his 2 slot, so I just want to make sure and ask. Get back to me guys and thanks.
Tonk I know you and a couple others know about Cave games. lemme know.
thanks

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Probably nothing wrong with it, if you tested it and its working and now its not, maybe he's damaged it with his supergun? What power supply does it use?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Sounds more like his supergun is causing the problem, and not the board itself. The only variable here is the supergun..same board, different hardware running it

Voltage problem maybe?

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
I'm no expert, but 2-slots are MVS, not JAMMA. So if he connected it via his MVS harness, damage could be done correct?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Could possibly be the video encoder in the supergun. I know the one in my old gun didn't like PGM hardware. It wouldn't play Ketsui or Demon Front on cart. Does he have any other PGM boards to test it with? Is he just getting a black screen and no sounds? Also, PGM hardware is known to be really fragile. Honestly don't know much about the technical side myself, but a friend of mine had lost 2 motherboards.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
2010-06-28123132.jpg

This is the power supply it uses, doubt its the gun, more than likely happened during shipping. The 2 slot is MVS of course but it has a jamma edge. I don't have any PGM boards to test on.

hey batman, if you end up issuing a refund and the game ships back to you working fine let me know

I'll buy it from you, local pickup

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Not a fan of plugging expensive boards into something that has a desktop PSU, have you ever measured the +5 with a multimeter? How are you running a 2 slot with MVS pinout in a JAMMA supergun also?

What does 'not working' mean exactly? Pics of the image its producing, or a description of what exactly its doing, pics of the board etc. Would help a bit.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
2010-06-28114541.jpg

That is the board. Not sure what you mean by the MVS. It has a Jamma edge on it that the supergun slides right into. Also the power supply doesn't look like any desktop PSU I've ever seen.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Is that on the carpet?

That power supply isn't a JAMMA power supply, it is a desktop power supply used for various appliances, its just a lot of people use them for compact superguns. No-one bothers to check their voltages very often though, more like oh it does +5 and +12, that'll do.

The 2 slot MVS as deadite mentioned, might have a JAMMA looking connector, but its not JAMMA, its MVS pinout.

To be honest with your lack of knowledge and that apparently being on the carpet, I'm betting you killed it yourself.

What happens on the display, any video? any sound?

Lets face it, if someone tries a game in their cab and then packs it, sends it off, and it arrives 'not working' but the board looks perfectly fine with no damaged components. well... :p

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
its not on the carpet, its on top of an acrylic case. Don't think I killed it myself. It was battered during shipping. Know the whole story before you point fingers. Either way here are the specs of the power supply.

PCM50UD03

Description: AC-DC Power Supplies
Maker: XPPOWER [XP Power Limited]
HomePage: http://www.xppower.com/
File Size: 306.94KB
File Pages: 4
Download: PCM50UD03.pdf
Abstract:

Specification
50/80/120 Watts
• 4000 VAC Isloation
• Low Leakage Current
• Single, Dual and Triple Outputs
• Worldwide Medical Approvals
• CCC Approved (PCM80)
• Both Line and Neutral Fused
• Non-standard Connectors Available
PCM Series
Input
Input Voltage • 90-264 VAC
Input Frequency • 47-63 Hz
Input Current • PCM50: 1.35 A max
PCM80: 1.30 A max
PCM120: 1.60 A max
Inrush Current • 30 A at 115 VAC or
60 A at 230 VAC at 25 ˚C cold start
Power Factor • PCM50: 0.55 typical
PCM80/120: 0.94 min
Earth Leakage Current • 180 µA max at 132 VAC/60Hz
300 µA max at 264 VAC/50Hz
Output
Output Voltage • See tables
Minimum Load • No minimum load required for single
output models. See tables for multi
output models
Start Up Delay • 2 s max
Hold Up Time • 10 ms min at low line
Line Regulation • ±1% max at full load for ±10% change
in input
Load Regulation • ±5% max
Transient Response • 5% max. deviation, 500 µs recovery time
for a 50% load change
Ripple & Noise • 2% pk-pk, 20MHz BW
Overvoltage Protection • 112-132% with auto recovery on V1
Overcurrent Protection • 110-200% with auto recovery
on all outputs
Temperature • ±0.05% /˚C
Coefficient
xppower.com
General
Efficiency • Single output models: 80% typical
Multi output models: 75% typical
Isolation • 4000 VAC Input to Output
1500 VAC Input to Ground
500 VAC Output to Ground
Switching Frequency • PCM50: 64 kHz typical
PCM80: 55 kHz typical
PCM120: 120 kHz typical
MTBF • 100 kHrs at full load and 25 ˚C ambient
per MIL-HDBK-217F
Environmental
Operating Temperature • PCM50: 0 ˚C to +70 ˚C, derate from 100%
load at 50 ˚C to 50% load at +70 ˚C
PCM80: 0 ˚C to +70 ˚C, derate from 100%
load at 40 ˚C to 50% load at +70 ˚C
PCM120: 0 ˚C to +60 ˚C, derate from
100% load at 40 ˚C to 50% load at +60 ˚C
Storage Temperature • PCM50/80: -40 ˚C to +80 ˚C
PCM120: -20 ˚C to +85 ˚C
EMC & Safety
Emissions • EN55022, level B conducted
EN55022, level B radiated
Harmonic Currents • EN61000-3-2, class A
Voltage Flicker • EN61000-3-3 amendments 1 & 2
ESD Immunity • IEC61000-4-2, level 3
Perf Criteria B
Radiated Immunity • IEC61000-4-3 10 V/m, level 3
Perf Criteria B
EFT/Burst • IEC61000-4-4, level 3
Perf Criteria B
Surge • IEC61000-4-5, level 3
Perf Criteria B
Conducted Immunity • IEC61000-4-6 10 V/m, level 3
Perf Criteria B
Power Frequency • IEC61000-4-8 10 A/m, Perf Criteria B
Magnetic Fields
Dips & Interruptions • IEC61000-4-11, 30% 500 ms,
60% 100 ms, 100 % 5000 ms
Perf Criteria A, A, C
Safety Approvals • UL60601-1, CSA C22.2 No. 601.1 per cUL
EN60601-1, CCC (PCM80)
AC-DC

there was no video or sound when powered on. I think my super gun has this in it. http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma-to-neogeo-adapter/prod_228.html is this the problem?

Last edited:

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
What if I was able to able to have the board sent to a member who is loved and has lots of knowledge on such things? I can paypal redfield the 20 bucks to ship it and this go between can see it for himself. If it's ok with Redfield0009 I would like to ask Voltronbadass to test the game out and make sure.

Everyone loves Norm and he is great people so i know the situation will be taken care of.
Would that be ok with you Norm? I will give u a poster for your service :)

oh man, what happened to the nice acrylic case?

(oh I posted too quick)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, personally I'd try it in a cab, Norm gets my vote.

Still not a fan of those cases, they're pointless... like shockboxes.

What if I was able to able to have the board sent to a member who is loved and has lots of knowledge on such things? I can paypal redfield the 20 bucks to ship it and this go between can see it for himself. If it's ok with Redfield0009 I would like to ask Voltronbadass to test the game out and make sure.

Everyone loves Norm and he is great people so i know the situation will be taken care of.
Would that be ok with you Norm? I will give u a poster for your service :)

I'll be happy to test it out on my cabs :)

But I can't be more helpful beyond that, I am not an electronics expert, just know the basics.

Also maybe redfield has someone local with a nice jamma cab to test it on? I wouldn't call it broken till its been tested on more than just a single supergun.

If it's still not working on a jamma cab than I would go to channelmaniac with it, he is the expert!

but I am happy to help if thats what you guys want

Last edited:

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Yeah, personally I'd try it in a cab, Norm gets my vote.

Still not a fan of those cases, they're pointless... like shockboxes.

Yeah but they look real nice at least :)

Ok I am going to have it sent to norm and pp redfield0009.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'll be happy to test it out on my cabs :)

But I can't be more helpful beyond that, I am not an electronics expert, just know the basics.

Also maybe redfield has someone local with a nice jamma cab to test it on? I wouldn't call it broken till its been tested on more than just a single supergun.

If it's still not working on a jamma cab than I would go to channelmaniac with it, he is the expert!

but I am happy to help if thats what you guys want
Channelmaniac is located in Lewisville, I know the dude's usually really busy so you'd want to check with him first, but anyway he's not terribly far from where redfield0009 is located. About a half hour's drive.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Its the Gun and not the Game, most likely...

I play all of my cave games on my Neo 29 from time to time with no issues. I have ESP Galuda and it plays just fine on my Neo hardware ( with a rotated monitor). Jamma is jamma. Unless his hardware is wired with a different power output, he should have no problems. That said, a super gun could have all manner of different video encoders. I would bet that is where the problem lies. I can switch my cave games back and forth between my Egret cab and my Neo 29 cab with no issues whatsoever, other than monitor rotation. Hope to help, tlh

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Just got back form Rockwall to have the board tested, the board is dead. At one point is said " Presented by Cave" but it never gave a picture nor any other sounds. A Multi Meter was used on it and the battery read 0.02. I was told it should be at 12 or close to it. I was also told that even if its the battery it might not be an easy fix. Also some of the chips have had a razor blade used on them (circled in red) and one of the chips had a surface mount solder job (red arrow). I was basically told this board was shady as hell. So now I can safely say I want a refund.

2010-06-28153140.jpg

2010-06-28153152.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Just got back form Rockwall to have the board tested, the board is dead. At one point is said " Presented by Cave" but it never gave a picture nor any other sounds. A Multi Meter was used on it and the battery read 0.02. I was told it should be at 12 or close to it. I was also told that even if its the battery it might not be an easy fix. Also some of the chips have had a razor blade used on them (circled in red) and one of the chips had a surface mount solder job (red arrow). I was basically told this board was shady as hell. So now I can safely say I want a refund.

2010-06-28153140.jpg

2010-06-28153152.jpg

The chips are supposed to look like that, and the battery should read no higher than 3.75 (Thats what my Galuda read before I sold it) plus the battery has nothing to do with the board working or not.

Sounds like to you brought it to a moron.

If you want to ship it here, I'll test it - my cabs are set at a conservative voltage (4.8)

Make sure the socketed ROM is properly seated.

If it was banging around in the box and I opened it to find a dead board - I'd want my money back.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
4.8 is pretty damn low, but yeah the battery and chip markings have nothing to do with it.