Evolve (PS4/XBone/PC)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
From the team behind Left 4 Dead comes a new co-op multiplayer shooter, Evolve. GI has an article in this month's issue, but I competely forgot about it until now. Evolve is a co-op multiplayer first person shooter in which a team of four go up against a 30-foot tall monster. Both the team members and the monster are controlled by players.

No release date as of this post but it's expected to arrive sometime late in the year.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
It could be entertaining for hunting fans. Though horde fans are expecting L4D3 asap. wonder what the other monster and class variations are like.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

Official release date in NA is October 21st.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I will say this, because saying more might get me in trouble: the delay will only help Evolve.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone pick this up? How is it?

Some of what I've watched looks fantastic, the other half looks horribly boring.

edit: I picked this up on lunch today (PS4 version). I'm planning to spend some time with bots to learn how to play and grind a few challenges toward unlocks.

Anyone playing on PS4 post those tags up, homie (mine is jro3000 on PS4).

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Got it on PS4 as well. I probably would've waited til it got down to $20 or so but between their "free" $15 dlc and a great deal at BB, I figured I'd bite the bullet and actually play a game at launch for once. Love the L4D games and even though this is more like Versus mode (my least favorite part of L4D), I'd be happy to play co-op with friends. Just have to remember what my PSN name is.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
It could be entertaining for hunting fans.

This pretty much sums up how me and my friends that I play with regularly felt about the beta(s). When the scenario is whoever is playing the monster is halfway decent and you have any randoms on your team who aren't any good, you end up just running around in circles for a large duration of a match. We all found this insanely boring. This generally results in getting wrecked once the monster reaches stage 3.

One of my friends was pretty excited about this releasing, but we all agreed we weren't going to pick it up. Just felt like a game that should be arcade priced, not $60.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Been playing this the last couple days, pretty fun. Nothing earth shattering, but fun. I redeemed some bonus codees I got from Amazon and they didn't seem to do anything.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finally got more into this last night.

Is it just me or is it surprisingly rare for the monster to win a match (unless it's the wraith, of course)?

The balance feels pretty off between the hunters and monster- it's not easy, at all, to feed enough to upgrade without being caught beforehand. It feels like it may get easier with practice, but still, I've yet to see a single match where Goliath beat the hunters. Seems to me that the level 1 monster should be a little stronger or feeding and evolving should be a little easier.