Fable???

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I'm gonna go out hunting for this game early tomarrow morning. I didn't pre-order it, so I hope I canf ind it. According to a couple stores, they're pre-sold out for weeks. SO we'll see...

Matt

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
This Fall is way too crowded... haven't finished Tales of Symphonia yet and I already have Phantom Brave waiting, started a little Burnout 3 and with Halo 2, Doom 3, Killzone, Donkey Konga ... around the corner how could I start Fable... (not even talking about the DS... man its gonna to be a painfull year for the wallet).

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
lmao.

Probably the smartest thing thats ever been said on these boards.

I dont watch movies.

Im smart.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Fable and Guilty Gear #Reload are the two main games I have reserved, this month. Though I eventually want to get Phantom Brave, SH4, and Kingdom's Under Fire(which looks great, too.) once the funds allow. I'm only waiting a bit more on the strategy ones given that I need to finish others first before I go plunking money down for the next one.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I just played a couple hours of the game. Not bad so far. The main character walks a bit funny, and I can't seem to kill the gaurds.

buttasuperb said:
you're supposed to attack them, not hug them. :rolleyes: :loco: :multi_co:

thomas_shaw.jpg

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Played it for about ten hours yesterday. Nice little diddy of a game, but I still think Morrowind and KotOR are better.

Pro

Graphics - easy on the eyes, wonderful day-to-night transformation, top-notch spell effects, etc.

Voice work - Like KotOR, every character has voice dialogue and subtitles; good mixture too...I haven't noticed any duplicates yet.

Sound - kick ass! All the music fits. A little choir work here, a little symphony there, and a little fantasy-ish overture there. Brilliant! Soundtrack please!

Level-up system - experience points baby! Oh how I've missed you! Oh yeah, attack with a melee weapon, get strength exp. Attack with a ranged weapon, get skill exp. Attack with a spell, get will exp. Once an enemy dies you get general exp. Combo multiplier is a huge factor, the higher your combo, the faster you level up, and you choose how you advance.

Cons

Weapon variety - 8 melee weapons, 2 ranged weapons, 5 variations of each...very limited. The fewest I've seen in an RPG.

Sectioned-off locations - like Sudeki, KotOR and PSO before it, Fable's locations are seperated by sections and unsavory load times, for shame. I was hoping for Morrowind-like freedom, but no.

...more later. Now, time to find a beer wench and make some babies. Huzzah!

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Magician said:
Played it for about ten hours yesterday. Nice little diddy of a game, but I still think Morrowind and KotOR are better.

Pro

Graphics - easy on the eyes, wonderful day-to-night transformation, top-notch spell effects, etc.

Voice work - Like KotOR, every character has voice dialogue and subtitles; good mixture too...I haven't noticed any duplicates yet.

Sound - kick ass! All the music fits. A little choir work here, a little symphony there, and a little fantasy-ish overture there. Brilliant! Soundtrack please!

Level-up system - experience points baby! Oh how I've missed you! Oh yeah, attack with a melee weapon, get strength exp. Attack with a ranged weapon, get skill exp. Attack with a spell, get will exp. Once an enemy dies you get general exp. Combo multiplier is a huge factor, the higher your combo, the faster you level up, and you choose how you advance.

Cons

Weapon variety - 8 melee weapons, 2 ranged weapons, 5 variations of each...very limited. The fewest I've seen in an RPG.

Sectioned-off locations - like Sudeki, KotOR and PSO before it, Fable's locations are seperated by sections and unsavory load times, for shame. I was hoping for Morrowind-like freedom, but no.

...more later. Now, time to find a beer wench and make some babies. Huzzah!

So can the guards be killed??

Do you remember how to open that one demon door where the face asks you to commit great evil in front of him??

I've opened one of those doors so far and you get some nice stuff when you get inside.

Force

20 Year Member
You know. I bought this game, and it sounds fun, but kotor is sooooooooooooooooooooo good I can't get myself to stop playing it to try this out. Oh well. Maybe later tonight.

Matt

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I went to EB last night looking for the new Guilty Gear game on Xbox and there were about 20 people waiting in line for Fable. You could only get it if you had it preordered. But my friend is picking up a copy for me from Target today, so I will be able to play it tonight.

I didn't know the game was this hyped up though. If the lines for it were this bad, just think what Halo 2 will be like.

Force

20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
I went to EB last night looking for the new Guilty Gear game on Xbox and there were about 20 people waiting in line for Fable. You could only get it if you had it preordered. But my friend is picking up a copy for me from Target today, so I will be able to play it tonight.

I didn't know the game was this hyped up though. If the lines for it were this bad, just think what Halo 2 will be like.

I was told by one store today that halo2 is pre sold out like everywhere for at least the first week or two. Not sure how true that is, but damn. You'd think with how easy it is to press cds, they would be able to crank out a couple million of these bad boys in a few days time. Oh well. We'll see. I'd rather hunt the game down anyways. It's more fun that way.

Matt

Magician

20 Year Member
lemonflav said:
So can the guards be killed??

Do you remember how to open that one demon door where the face asks you to commit great evil in front of him??

I've opened one of those doors so far and you get some nice stuff when you get inside.

Haven't tried, I'm trying to be good all way through.

That demon door can be opened if you...

1) Commit murder in front of it, problem is, I don't know how many people you have to kill?

or

2) Eat ten Crunchy Chicks in front of the door. Your alignment swings 10 points to evil with each one you eat. That's what I did. You can buy them at the Darkwood Camp.

I've also opened the door at Rose Cottage and Darkwood Marshes to get the Bright and Dark suits, the "sexiest" suits in the game. So now I can bag any lady in the land I choose.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Magician said:
Haven't tried, I'm trying to be good all way through.

That demon door can be opened if you...

1) Commit murder in front of it, problem is, I don't know how many people you have to kill?

or

2) Eat ten Crunchy Chicks in front of the door. Your alignment swings 10 points to evil with each one you eat. That's what I did. You can buy them at the Darkwood Camp.

I've also opened the door at Rose Cottage and Darkwood Marshes to get the Bright and Dark suits, the "sexiest" suits in the game. So now I can bag any lady in the land I choose.

Crunchy Chicks??

So far, going through the first demon door I got a Will user outfit. I got a bunch of tattoos, and hair styles.

Have you tried using a modifier crystal with a weapon? I have a fire sword and lightning arrows.

I'm doing all evil, pretty fun so far.

Magician

20 Year Member
lemonflav said:
Crunchy Chicks??

So far, going through the first demon door I got a Will user outfit. I got a bunch of tattoos, and hair styles.

Have you tried using a modifier crystal with a weapon? I have a fire sword and lightning arrows.

I'm doing all evil, pretty fun so far.

I'm saving those for when I get "master" weapons. Once you attach them you can't take them off. :crying: I'm focusing on being a will user, heh, my character lost most of his hair a few hours in so I shaved him bald. Now I just need to pick a facial tattoo.

Man, the hardest demon door I've tried to open is the one at the Greatwood Caves, the one that requires a high combo multiplier. I've gotten up to twelve and that bastard still won't open! :mad:

Deyer

Hmm... Fry's has this game for $36.99 today also burnout 3 was the same price 3 days ago

I think I might have to pick up fable today.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Fable = Hype

Yet another over hyped game that no one even played before today, yet it was hailed as the next coming of video game goodness. It's a decent game. Has the soundtrack done by Danny Elfman, but I waited 3 years for this? Please, this is a joke. I'm going back to playing Gradius 5, a game which actually is good instead of hyped up crap like Fable.