Fave Mortal Kombat Game?

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Ok,

as the title reads - I was thinking about this the other night as to which in the series I play the most.

For me, I love MK2, I cant get enough of the game, always playing it, closely followed by MK Trilogy which I have for the saturn - god I love those games.

I like the new MK games as well, dont get me wrong, I think deception is great, especially with some of the interactive backgrounds, but I always go back to playing MK2 or trilogy.

Whats your fave? :spock:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Mortal Kombat II Revision 2.1.

glitch11.png

nothing else in the series has ever been as much fun as that glitch. ;)

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
MK2 or 3. Rest of them are nearly crap (I liked Deadly Alliance, though)

Jedite

Bunker Buster
MK1 was good, MK2 was the best. It went all downhill from there. MK3 was a poor excuse for a fighter. With all the stupid finishing moves, and dumb characters. MK4 was so-so, but, not that great. I've yet to play Deadly Alliance or Deception, because MK just dosen't appeal to me.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Mortal Kombat II

I had lots of fun with MK 3, but it just didn't have quite the same appeal. The graphics of 3 weren't as "gritty" as those in II, and the fatalities for the large part weren't quite as good or as shocking.

Mortal Kombat 4 left me doing this - :oh_no: - it was at that point that I knew the series was in trouble.

I played Deadly Alliance just a little bit, but couldn't really get into it - and I haven't gotten around to playing Deception. Honestly, the only thing really appealing about it is the "Kollector's Edition" that includes the original MK, and that's mostly for bullshit nostalgic reasons.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Been playing UMK3 abit on the saturn lately - I like the combo system, but most of the characters are crap and I have no idea why they decided to unmask sub-zero.

Anyway, does anyone know a link to a site that can show me the fatalities list etc as I dont know how to do them for 3 :crying:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
II or III I can't really decide though. It has been ages since I played a Mortal Kombat game and I really don't remember them at all. Besides the blood and the rediculous fatalities, freindships etc.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Ultimate mk3 or mk trilogy. I had the pc port of trilogy working on my win98se box once upon a time. Man those were good times. I played that shit almost every day.

Matt

N2x

Chin's Bartender
Call me kooky, but I keep coming back to Deception. Maybe it's 'cause I happen to be playing with good company every time.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
MK2

Whoever said MKMSS has to be fookin kidding, manz

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
PUNJABEE said:
Mortal Kombat II is definitely the best one, but the computer is cheap as shit. There is some unbelievably impossible blocking done by the computer.

Yea but there is some version (3.1 maybe) than you can just cheese them right back.

Just duck and they'll walk towards you, when they get just outside of sweep range, jump back and kick, the computer will stop for a second, then jump at you. Meet them in the air with a jumpkick. Repeat.

This helped out greatly when trying to fight Jade.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
MK2 by a mile. A fucking mile. The first was good for shock value, 3 was crap with that running combo stuff, but 2 was just awesome. Great graphics, lots of moves, and game play that was actually pretty damn good! The whole package is just tops, and is easily the best one by far.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
2 is prolly one of the most overrated games of all time. people actually call it a good game. :kekeke:

none of the mortal kombats are good fighting games, but they definately have their appeal. just not on the same level as the street fighters or samurai shodowns.

there was a good progression in quality from 1 - 3. 3 is prolly the most fun, and i still remember the first time i saw it in an arcade with like 10 people crowded around it. multi tiered levels and graphics fucking amazed me. :eek:

mk3 = best dial a combo game ever. :make_fac: hmmm, killer instict... :conf:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
djrconsoles kr1 said:
Whats your fave? :spock:

I never was a fan of the MK series but of them all I liked the first one the best. To me though, the movements of the characters were too damn stiff looking and didn't feel fluid.

GK

PUNJABEE

Banned
buttasuperb said:
Yea but there is some version (3.1 maybe) than you can just cheese them right back.

Just duck and they'll walk towards you, when they get just outside of sweep range, jump back and kick, the computer will stop for a second, then jump at you. Meet them in the air with a jumpkick. Repeat.

This helped out greatly when trying to fight Jade.

I guess it looked like I was talking about MK3 but I meant MK2, sorry. As for the whole 3.1 thing, that wasn't MK3 3.1, it was MK 1 3.1.

In the Kombo edition, SubZero's iceball would freeze the opponent, and then lift them up half way through the screen slowly. Then you could uppercut them (down + LP/HP) and do other cool fast combos. Also there was a glitch or something with Liu Kang where he would just shoot fireball after fireball after fireball over and over again, and then it would say "Fatality" when you won the match. Also it had the quick uppercut recovery. It was badass.