Favorite Christmas Meal or your dinner plans for Christmas

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
What do Neo Geo heads eat on Christmas?

Had tamales, pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread), and champurado (corn meal based hot chocolate) last night on Christmas eve.

This is my favorite meal, especially the tamales. Been buying the masa (corn meal dough) from the same tortilla factory in East Los Angeles for the last 35 years. I wake up at 4 am to head to the factory, then wait in line for an hour or so to get the dough. By the time I get home the meat I left simmering isready to shred, and the broth it leaves behind I use to flavor the dough. I also make the chile sauce for the tamales the day before, so 2-3 hours after getting home, the tamales are steaming, and an hour later they are ready to eat.

Today I'm grilling salmon, and baking/roasting ham, turkey, and Brussels sprouts.

Happy Holidays to all!
Merry Christmas!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have a tin of jelly babies...

Some wine and whisky....

Thats all...

xROTx

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Going to the corner store to grab a hot dog and Pepsi. No family plans this year.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Had a Costco hot dog w/ mustard and onions yesterday.
Hot dogs are always a good thing.

Rot,

Never heard of Jelly Babies.
Looked them up, and Whisky and gummies sound like an interesting combo.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot,

Never heard of Jelly Babies.

1185824-thumbnail.jpg

00a114b4ea0a99527cff4674f770ccb1.jpg

xROTx

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
My wife and I are by ourselves in Munich for Christmas. We rented an apartment though, se we have a kitchen. Last night I made a German-style potato salad with bacon for dinner. Today I am cooking a pork loin roast with sauerkraut, potatoes, parsnips, and carrots. And lots of beer. Fuck me, beer is fucking cheap here.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
For the last 5 or so years, we've gone out for a nice Chinese meal on Christmas.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Having tacos and enchiladas for a late lunch/early dinner..... wish we had tamales too!

For drinks: had a couple gin fizzes earlier. Now having some Christmas beer my brother in law got for me from Anchor brewing. It came in a giant champagne bottle. Later some eggnog with brandy... good times.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Couple pints of beer, few smokes and some optimism.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Had a roast dinner at home with the family.
Turkey crown, joint of beef, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, yorkshire puds, mash with loads of butter, and veggies with gravy and mint sauce.
Chrismas pud with custard for afters.
Fucking hit the spot as well.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Having some dinner with the family at the hospital. My dad had a heart attack a couple days ago.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
My mother always made roast pork in mojo sauce, yucca, black beans and rice (or Moros y christianos), fried plantains, and crab balls (like a crab cake, but with a big lump of crab in the middle, and a bread like batter) the Cuban Christmas dinner would be finished with turron. I miss a Cuban Christmas dinner. So, so good.

Here it's turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, potatoes in various ways, and sprouts. I won't knock it, because I do like it. But none of it has the flavor, or zing I'm used to and grew up around.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My favorite Christmas meal was the one we use to have growing up. Big ham, and a whole bunch of other stuff. What I'm going to tonight, is the new meal, which is "Christmas health food". Bummer when people think fucking up something good, is a good thing to do to family traditions. Change your own damn traditions!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
We use to have Chinese ever Christmas eve. Not Jewish. Miss it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
We just made a decision to go all out for Thanksgiving dinner and do a more low-key Christmas.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Having some dinner with the family at the hospital. My dad had a heart attack a couple days ago.

Hope your father gets well soon. My dad had a stroke while Christmas shopping two weeks ago.
Luckily, I was with him and caught him before he could hit his head on the floor.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
That looks disgusting, but i bet it tastes good, Lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
We spend Christmas at my parents every year and my mom usually makes a ton of appetizers before the actual main course and she sets them on top of the living room table and one of the appetizers is this Portuguese french toast which we call Rabanadas. I prefer it over regular french toast any day of the week. It was toasted to perfection this year. It was soft to chew but somewhat crispy. I must've had like 30 of them. This is what they look like.