forza 2 - gush time!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i'm not going to bother gushing actually.

let's just say it's awesome.

the whole tuning, decal, upgrading system is really really well done.

the graphics are a solid good (8/10) and compared to the dirt demo are more in line with my taste with the more realistic proportion of everything and the 60fps.

there seems to be an absolute truck load of stuff to do.

the amount of options is impressive as are the very user friendly and informative menus/descriptions.

i love the ability to change difficulty mid career and tweak damage settings, assists and the like at any point in your career with the dif level modifying how much you earn per race, awesome idea!

it's very intelligently put together, feels awesome to drive, looks nice, runs smooth and supposedly has a great online aspect too (trading, racing, stats, etc).

only cost 6200 yen as well :)

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I didn't know this was coming out in Japan first. What the fuck?

So the graphics do look better in the full version than the demo?

Also, I doubt it, but I was wondering if they had an actual in car camera view where you can see the dashboard and all that like PGR3? I know it wasn't in the demo but I was kind of hoping it might be in the final version.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
DangerousK said:
I didn't know this was coming out in Japan first. What the fuck?

So the graphics do look better in the full version than the demo?

Also, I doubt it, but I was wondering if they had an actual in car camera view where you can see the dashboard and all that like PGR3? I know it wasn't in the demo but I was kind of hoping it might be in the final version.

There is no actual in car camera. They are lazy and don't want to render 300+ dash. I love the in car cam like PGR3 too :(

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
yeah the in car cam feature would be nice and was nice in PGR. Game will be here in a week or so, can't wait! Though I have plenty of games to play and other things to do as well

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I to would love to hear some impressions with the wheel. I am planning to pick up Forza but am holding off untill I hear how to wheel is with it.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Forza 1 was gay faggotry.

How can forza 2 be any better?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i don't have a wheel :)

no dash view.

gfx pretty much same as demo.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
no dash view.

That's a real shame. I really hate playing these types of games from outside of the car. I'm glad I know about this before I went and bought it next week. :crying:

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
i thought the demo was quite nice actually, big improvement over forza 1. purchase material for sure, tide me over til GT5.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
The demo is pretty, and it seems like a step up from forza 1, but I think gt4 is still the benchmark to beat as far as handling goes.

Matt

neo1087

Bead Banger
taitai said:
Forza 1 was gay faggotry.

How can forza 2 be any better?
are you serious?

It was the best sim there was..it blew grand turismo out of the water. Gran Turismo diddn't have tuning..fine tuning..paint..body kits..decals.

I still play it on Live almost every night. Amazing game, and the second one is promising.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
tokengamer said:
That's a real shame. I really hate playing these types of games from outside of the car. I'm glad I know about this before I went and bought it next week. :crying:

I don't think they were talking about not being able to play first person in the car, I'm pretty sure they are saying that you can't see the dashboard. Or maybe you understood.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm not buying it until they release a game plus steering wheel combo

for that price of the game and steering wheel

I could nearly buy a Wii

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Force said:
The demo is pretty, and it seems like a step up from forza 1, but I think gt4 is still the benchmark to beat as far as handling goes.

Matt

i much prefer the handling on forza 2 than gt4 or gthd.

the 360fps physics really makes it feel much more responsive it would seem.

cannonball

15 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
I don't think they were talking about not being able to play first person in the car, I'm pretty sure they are saying that you can't see the dashboard. Or maybe you understood.

Ah, I misunderstood :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
roker said:
I'm not buying it until they release a game plus steering wheel combo

for that price of the game and steering wheel

I could nearly buy a Wii

lol

DangerousK

20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:

Correct.

I just was hoping for the actual rendering of the dashboards and all that.

First person view is there regardless.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I never played forza 1, how do you think the forza series compares to the GT series in terms of realistic physics and how close the cars are to their real life counterparts?

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
neo1087 said:
are you serious?

It was the best sim there was..it blew grand turismo out of the water. Gran Turismo diddn't have tuning..fine tuning..paint..body kits..decals.

I still play it on Live almost every night. Amazing game, and the second one is promising.

Lol, I guess you didn't care to, oh I dunno.. Go into the car tuning menus in GT4.

Everything is adjustable.

Plus, body kits and decals are almost always gay, thx.

Forza 1 has no style, at all.

But then again, I guess if a graffiti tattoo on your leg "cause it looks cool" is style..

DangerousK

20 Year Member
The only thing I will say in retrospect is that I feel Forza 1 left a bit to be desired.