Free Onlive for one year. Sign before July 15th

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Remember that streaming Onlive site that allows you to play games with even a shitty computer.

Sign up before July 15th and get a years worth of play for free no strings attached.

Im trying it out, 1 year for free. Fuck yeah, who cares if it might suck.

http://www.onlive.com

To say I've been skeptical about OnLive would be saying the ocean is kind of damp in places. "Cloud Gaming," which amounts to playing PC games on the service's server while the video and your controller inputs fly back and forth over the internet, just seems wildly unrealistic at first. Then again, unless they were straight-up lying about their setup at E3, it works great, without anything in the way of image breakup or controller lag while streaming a game playing on a server back in San Francisco.

We'll know soon enough. Less from a month from now you'll be able to find out for yourself, even if you're broke. Anyone who signs up for OnLive before July 15th gets their first year of service for free. No strings. Got a PC or a Mac? Even a sucky one? With a 5 megabit connection you could be playing Mass Effect 2 or anything else out of the mighty crap-ton of games available on the service. On the down side, the service requires a wired connection, and you probably won't want anything else using that connection while you play.

The service itself will be free for the next year, which includes demos of about a good portion of the games in the OnLive catalog without the need to monkey around with downloads. The games themselves still cost a bit, from between $9.99 and $49.99 to buy a game outright, or 3 and 5 day rentals that cost around five bucks. If the service works for you this is a great way to give it a tryout, even if you're leery about buying games without holding a disc in your hands. Even better, a lot of these games aren't even available for Mac, and I know I wouldn't be able to play most of them on my own P.O.S. laptop.

I don't think I've talked to anyone about this thing and gotten a reaction other than "that'll never work," but hey, maybe it will. There's nothing to be lost by giving it a shot. Check out what's available and sign up for the thing at onlive.com, but get in there before July 15th.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
hah jokes on them, no one has a stable 5 mb connection in the U.S

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Don't have a 5M connection at home and don't play computer games.

This could be a preview of the future of console games, though.

Kinda like the Sega Channel.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I signed up for it, and I have a fairly decent gaming PC. Hey, if it's free, what do I have to lose? We have 20Mb fiber here, which should give a pretty smooth experience.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Maybe out there in Cali. :rolleyes:

'Down her' in da south we get da goooood speeds.

I know in my case we had to have a cable internet connection thingy built specifically for our house so we utilize the full capability. Right now I'm at a stable 28 meg.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
You guys still have to buy the games, you know this right?

You only getting the Onlive Service for free...not the games.
Its like buying a 360 and xbox live gold, but not having any games for it...

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
You guys still have to buy the games, you know this right?

You only getting the Onlive Service for free...not the games.
Its like buying a 360 and xbox live gold, but not having any games for it...

:envy:

Gay... Well maybe they will have a option with a limited demo. I just want to try the thing out.

I have a great computer anyways and a geforce 295 graphics card, but this sounded cool. Not so much anymore.