FS: CAVE Ashtrays

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey NG,

I made some CAVE ashtrays because I personally wanted a one and there seemed to be interest from a few other people. If you saw my WTB thread on CAVE ashtrays a few weeks back, I was looking to buy one, found out it was custom made, and then decided to make em myself.

Cave_ashtray1.jpg

Cave_ashtray2.jpg

Price is $7 + shipping (US only). At $7 each, know that I'm selling these at cost and not looking to make any money, as I wanted to give something back to the NG community for all the help people here have given me, and there seemed to be interest in the idea.

First off though, I want to give a big shout out to Red5 on Arcade Otaku for the primary inspiration for this, to Devil Soundwave (AO) for all the info on how he made the custom Arcade Otaku ashtrays, and Kuze (NG) for pointing me in his direction. Thanks guys for the inspiration and the information.

After talking with Devil Soundwave about his international ball-ache of an experience (his words) making the Arcade Otaku ashtrays, out of the actual E-19 melamine ashtrays that are used in japanese arcades, I decided to take a bit of a different and less frustrating route. Btw, much respect to Devil for going the fully authentic route, but as soon as I decided to go with a white ashtray for this project, it was pretty much an open brief.

I went with this company (PrintSaga) because the ashtrays are very close to original japanese arcade ashtrays, are white, and you don't have to order 100+ like you do with most companies. You could order 1 and they'd make it for you. Cost per unit goes down as units produced goes up. From order placement to delivery it took 1 week.

I only made 12, as I personally wanted two and there seemed to be a few others who wanted em as well. If you miss out on this and want to make a few yourself, I'll tell you how I did it. It's very easy and straight forward.

The Ashtrays come from this company:
http://www.printsaga.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=620

Using this logo source:
http://www.segaretro.org/File:Cave_logo.svg

These ashtrays are made of molded plastic rather than melamine and are white as you can see. Thx to Kid Panda for helping me realize that white would actually be a very appropriate color for a CAVE ashtray, as it's the color you always see the CAVE logo against.

As far as quality, I think they're pretty solid. Made of molded plastic and the art looks like a heat sealed decal. It's not silk screened (check the pics).

PM me with your zip if you want one. If you see your name below and you haven't PM'd me it's because in my original thread you mentioned that you wanted one so I'm holding one for you. If you want to pass, just let me know and I'll take you off the list, no sweat.

1. potatoeboy
2. Lemony Vengence
3. firebrand
4. kuze
5. aoiddr

Thx and all the best,

West

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Looks like they turned out nice! I actually dig the white tray, good contrast to the various black ones.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Those look great, in trying to decide what I would use it for :keke:

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice work! I've been interested in doing something like this but for my oddball cabs like Irem

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
5 available and 50 PMs later..... :lolz:

Seriously. ;)

I don't mind doing a run of 20-30 of these if there is any interest, especially if I don't end up getting one. I'm pretty impressed with the print quality and props to West for making it super easy to make more.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Seriously. ;)

I don't mind doing a run of 20-30 of these if there is any interest, especially if I don't end up getting one. I'm pretty impressed with the print quality and props to West for making it super easy to make more.

Judging by the interest, west or someone may as well do another run. Honestly I wouldn't be mad if west wanted to make a couple bucks a piece to make it worth his time to deal with but that's just my 2c. If you do a run I'd put in for like 4 up front.

And yeah, mucho props to West for finding a supplier that will do < 100 pieces, and providing art.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

Judging by the interest, west or someone may as well do another run. Honestly I wouldn't be mad if west wanted to make a couple bucks a piece to make it worth his time to deal with but that's just my 2c. If you do a run I'd put in for like 4 up front.

And yeah, mucho props to West for finding a supplier that will do < 100 pieces, and providing art.

agreed on both parts.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I will put up the money for a 50 or 100 of them and sell/distribute them to you guys if west doesnt want to do a second run. It's up to him but the offer is out there.

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I'd be down for a few, and would most certainly like to compensate those who took the time to do this.

A second run would be great, and I have no prob paying in advance to make it happen.

It would be pretty rad if we could see if Renmauzo would let us use some of his signature art too. Would love a few of his drawings, and would make perfect gifts!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'd be down for a few, and would most certainly like to compensate those who took the time to do this.

A second run would be great, and I have no prob paying in advance to make it happen.

It would be pretty rad if we could see if Renmauzo would let us use some of his signature art too. Would love a few of his drawings, and would make perfect gifts!

You got that ashtray fevah now don't you. ;)

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
You got that ashtray fevah now don't you. ;)

LOL, yeah the Blast looks naked without one now being next to his Taito brother, and I had one in mind for you as well..... the Soviet Special :D