FS: dedicated Neo Geo 4 slot cabinet(converted 1 slot)

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
SOLD: dedicated Neo Geo 4 slot cabinet(converted 1 slot)

I recently got word that I am going to need to move to the Boston, MA area for my job. Which sadly means I need to scale down my arcade cabinet collection.

- Neo Geo dedicated 4 slot MVS cabinet -

asking price - SOLD
pick-up in 21044 (will not ship/will not deliver)

This was originally a dedicated 1 slot MVS cabinet. It was completely repainted and converted to a dedicated 4 slot MVS cabinet using official SNK parts(side art/4 slot marquee). You get the smaller form factor of a 1 slot MVS cabinet with the convenience of a 4 slot MVS board.

Puzzle Bobble is pictured in photos to show the cabinet powered up and working but it is not included. Again you get the cabinet and MVS hardware but NO MVS carts. You will need to supply your own games.

This cabinet was completely repainted and restored after purchase. The only part which was not repainted was the lower front with the left/right player transfers and the serial number sticker. The sides and back were repainted and t-molding was all replaced. I also added a beefy aluminum kick plate on the front. Unfortunately while moving it several years back it was bumped by another cabinet resulting in a chip and a crease in the t-molding along the top near the marquee on the left side(pictured in photos). Otherwise this cabinet really looks excellent.

The control deck was also completely stripped, sanded, and repainted. Brand new Happ controls(joysticks and pushbuttons) were installed. The plastic overlay was also originally replaced with a new original SNK piece. It has seen a little use since then so there are some light scuffs on the overlay and on the front of the panel, but it still looks excellent.

The MVS 4 slot originally had its metal cover completely stripped, primed, and painted red(pictured in photos). So it looks good and is rust free. The MVS mother board had the stock bios chip removed and replaced with an official Unibios chip from Razoola. It is an older version(1.x something I believe) but is original and could be updated by Raz to the latest version for free(you of course have to pay for shipping).

The coin mechs on the doors weren't originally working when I bought this machine so I completely removed them and sealed the slots from the rear(pictured in photos). It is setup for freeplay and frankly I got tired of people putting coins in it and then asking to have them removed when they realized it was freeplay... In short if you want to put this someplace to play for coin you will need to replace the coin doors(or the top door at least) and add coin mechs. Coin doors will come with locks and keys.

The monitor on this machine looks fantastic. It is super sharp and bright. I can confirm that it does have some very faint burn-in on the lower half of the monitor. I can't really make out what it is distinctly because it is very faint. Most likely it is text/scores from some games. Very difficult to see behind the smoked/tempered glass that covers the monitor bezel. From what I saw it cannot be seen when the monitor is running except perhaps if the monitor is all white(which will always show any burn-in on a tv/monitor).

While the monitor does have very faint burn-in on the lower half I still stand by it looking superb. The burn-in is almost unoticeable when the monitor is off and all but invisible when the monitor is on. You can look at the photos of puzzle bobble in action to see how good it looks on.

I spent a lot of time refurbing this cabinet and it looks it. I really hate to part with it but I own an AES, superguns, and have nearly completed a 2 slot CMVS. All of which are a lot easier to transport and store :)

Link to webshots photo album:
http://community.webshots.com/album/577113739RtzniK

Feel free to PM with questions or post them here if you feel the answers might also be of benefit to anyone else. I'll try and respond in a timely manner though I am almost completely offline on the weekends. These are also posted on the KLOV.

The cabinet is currently in a self storage location. This isn't an invitation to make an appointment to come and "see" the cabinets. Serious inquiries only please.

I would consider a partial trade for any of the following:
CPS2 -
AVP US B Board
Pocket/Gem Fighter US/JP B Board

NAOMI GDROM-
Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble
Beach Spikers
Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper

JAMMA PCBs -
Arabian Fight
Arabian Magic
Violent Storm

- TGM

Last edited:

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Just an update bump.

If anyone is really interested in these I might be willing to work a partial trade for arcade PCBS. While my cabinet collection needs to slim down my PCB collection does not.

- TGM

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Bump for a price drop.

If you are interested now is the time to speak up. I won't be dropping the prices on these any lower.

- TGM

Gavica

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
nice stuff, if I lived closer, I would be all over the neo geo arcade

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Well darn it! I wish you guys lived closer too :) I would really like to see the Neo at least go to a good home.

- TGM

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Someone needs to jump on these cabs. They are clean as hell and ready to play.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Okay the converted NAOMI is no longer available. It was has been parted out. I will list the monitor and the available NAOMI parts later today.

The Neo is still available and still awesome though!

- TGM

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
*Bump*

C'mon this ones still available and looking for a good home. If need be I could include an MVS cart or two to entice folks. They would definitely not be anything special. How not special? An original Samurai Shodown and a bootleg Puzzle Bobble.

- TGM