FS/FT: Xbox 360 Development Kit, Random Prerelease Disks

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There was a mention of devkits in the chat not too long ago and it reminded me that I have a 360 devkit (anyone remember assembler) that's just kicking around that I never really touch, so I figure it might as well go to a new home. I genuinely don't remember what I paid for the console but the disks I got are being sold for what I paid for them.

Pictures:
Spoiler:

20210409_152847.jpg
20210409_152904.jpg
20210409_201620.jpg
20210409_152336.jpg

GONE! Dev kit has a good home now!

Also selling some random pre-release disks:

20210409_153006.jpg

$80 - Tenchu Z Preview Disk (360)
Bunch of interesting debug features on this one. Fuck you I liked this game. Don't recall it being too different from final but I never compared it to the final release. Own some From Software history before everyone was suckin' their Dark Souls cawk​
$50 - Saints Row Test/Review Build, dated 7/25/2006 (360)
Don't remember owning this lol. Close to release so doubt there's any differences.​

SOLD $25 - Def Jam Fight for NY Beta 1 0.9, dated 08/12/2004 (OG Xbox) - I don't think there's differences from final, and I never found any debug features that I could enable

Shipping to Canada/US only right now, sorry (unless you're cool)
Make me an offer on the lot, or will trade for any cool arcade hardware

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Man, this post is straight up ASSEMbler, haha. I used to be active on there before the forum shut down. Back then I had multiple 360 kits, a Wii U kit, PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP kits. The 360 is a stress kit prototype, used internally for hardware testing. You should snag a picture of the power plug so people can verify which mobo it is. It's really cool to see someone on NG post this up for sale.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Man, this post is straight up ASSEMbler, haha. I used to be active on there before the forum shut down. Back then I had multiple 360 kits, a Wii U kit, PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP kits. The 360 is a stress kit prototype, used internally for hardware testing. You should snag a picture of the power plug so people can verify which mobo it is. It's really cool to see someone on NG post this up for sale.

You mentioning PS2 devkits reminded me haha, glad to see someone else remember ASSEMbler.
Thanks for the heads up! I apologize for the misinformation, I'll update the post accordingly. I bought all this many moons ago while in highschool and I genuinely can't remember much about the scene to be honest, so clearly they should be going to someone who'll appreciate them more.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tenchu is badass. I liked the 360 version. I know why it gets hate. Mainly because the graphics were subpar for what the 360 was capable of. It wasn't a good showcase for the system and an early release. Probably should have been an XBLA release.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Tenchu is badass. I liked the 360 version. I know why it gets hate. Mainly because the graphics were subpar for what the 360 was capable of. It wasn't a good showcase for the system and an early release. Probably should have been an XBLA release.
When 360 launched, hard drives were optional and XBLA games were restricted to something very small like 32MB. It's really amazing how much changed over the life of the system.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I liked it a lot on release too, but yeah it's definitely ugly for a 360 game. Feels very much like it started life as a PS2/OG Xbox game that got bumped up to "next gen"

TheNewGuy

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioning PS2 devkits reminded me haha, glad to see someone else remember ASSEMbler.
Thanks for the heads up! I apologize for the misinformation, I'll update the post accordingly. I bought all this many moons ago while in highschool and I genuinely can't remember much about the scene to be honest, so clearly they should be going to someone who'll appreciate them more.
AG was Legendary sir. Miss those days