FS: Pulstar MVS Cart with ShockBox

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I'm wondering why you're interested in the sales thread of expensive NEO game when the multi's are available? :scratch:

A few reasons:

1. I have appointed myself Neo Geo Price Police.
2. There is currently no Neo Geo equivalent of the CPS2 multi.
3. Pulstar is one of around 5 MVS carts I own that has a repro label and the thought of trying to acquire an original one for four hundred fucking dollars after I paid $125 for my copy of the game really grinds my gears, especially since I could have bought a full kit on eBay for this price less than a year ago but now I'm fucked thanks to fucking retards.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
lol wyo, I hope that wasn't serious.

LOL, OK man, explain the benefits of owning stacks of boogie board-sized CPS2 original hardware vs the Darksoft multi. Is there any functional difference whatsoever?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
LOL, OK man, explain the benefits of owning stacks of boogie board-sized CPS2 original hardware vs the Darksoft multi. Is there any functional difference whatsoever?

Come fight it out in chat, we need to liven the place up a bit.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
A few reasons:

1. I have appointed myself Neo Geo Price Police.
2. There is currently no Neo Geo equivalent of the CPS2 multi.
3. Pulstar is one of around 5 MVS carts I own that has a repro label and the thought of trying to acquire an original one for four hundred fucking dollars after I paid $125 for my copy of the game really grinds my gears, especially since I could have bought a full kit on eBay for this price less than a year ago but now I'm fucked thanks to fucking retards.

I sold my minty cart with original label (with intact serials) for $160 shipped. I know that feel bro.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yea $400 is ridic. I sold my Pulstar w/ repro label for 175 on here last year.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Gotta love ebay, where the past 3 months determine value, where one only sees a small snapshot of what has been sold.That price was a good forum price for sure totally worthy of being scooped afap.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought Pulstar with a repro label for about $40 in 2002. I'd love to have one with an original label in my collection, but not at today's prices.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I bought Pulstar with a repro label for about $40 in 2002. I'd love to have one with an original label in my collection, but not at today's prices.

With inflation and 6% steady growth rate after 14 years, $400 seems right :)

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The worst part is most people who buy this game wont ever make it past stage 2, and will most likely throw an elderly person down a flight of stairs.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The worst part is most people who buy this game wont ever make it past stage 2, and will most likely throw an elderly person down a flight of stairs.

Too true...........
But here's the thing; practice does make perfection. But older you get, less time you have to fuck around to memorize enemy patterns and stuff...............
I still love Pulstar, and I'll keep beating the level 2 ;)

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Pulstar is one of around 5 MVS carts I own that has a repro label and the thought of trying to acquire an original one for four hundred fucking dollars after I paid $125 for my copy of the game really grinds my gears, especially since I could have bought a full kit on eBay for this price less than a year ago but now I'm fucked thanks to fucking retards.

This. Word.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So you really consider games as an investment, don't you? :keke:

Im glad you play your games LS but I fucking hate when people collect for investment. It is why the market is what is. I have a buddy that does it too, but he does not play, just displays his shit. A unstable market like collectables may crash one day you never know. But this is not the thread for this kind of discussion.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Im glad you play your games LS but I fucking hate when people collect for investment. It is why the market is what is. I have a buddy that does it too, but he does not play, just displays his shit. A unstable market like collectables may crash one day you never know. But this is not the thread for this kind of discussion.

It's a sarcasm.................
I don't mind to collect the games I want to play but nowadays it makes people to think videogame is an "investment" instead of "entertainment".

Don't get me wrong, I will not "consider" videogame as my investment portfolio, at all...............

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Damn, MDGameSales had this all day long for about $50 back in the day IIRC. Not complaining, props on getting what you want for it OP.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pulstar fucking sucks anyway.

Along with 90% of the Neo's library.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
$400, on N-e-o hyphen G-e-o.com?

This "hobby" is going the way of bloody stool, with a quickness.