Fuck Subway.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Subway: Eat Fresh Dicks

Shit has hormones in it, makes you a pedo.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
yeah you can always tell when somebody just had Subway for a meal... they stink like shit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
TIL i'm a pleb

i dunno it doesn't take much to satiate me i guess. i'm not a snob about anything i guess, least of all when it comes to a sub.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
im a huge fucking snob when it comes to long ass sandwiches

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
whenever i went to beijing i'd make sure to stop at subway and get a sub. it wasn't for the taste. well, no it was for the taste sure, why else go to a restaurant. but it was also about going to a place, somewhere familiar, to just sit down, put the rest of the world away and enjoy a sub in a country without sub sandwiches. maybe a longing for home. it did its job. i don't mind getting a tuna sub and then asking for mayo. i have grown disgusting in the past couple years.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Have you had Subway in Japan though? Yeah, the thing looks beautiful, not the sloppy messes you get here, but goddam was I hungry afterwards. There's maybe 50-60 calories in one of those things.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't like Subway sandwiches, they're spongy, soaky and almost tasteless. Dunno what kind of ingredients they use in the US but over here, it's the cheapest stuff available, made to look halfway edible. Prices are too high for what you get.

I like my sandwiches less cluttered. A freshly baked bun with a bit of butter, good salami or ham (the proper stuff, not the pressed crap) and a small slice of pickled gherkin, that's all I need. Never was a fan of those 3" thick things with four types of meat, five sauces, tons of different pickles and half of the national salad harvest of the Netherlands that fall apart on the first bite.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
meatball marinara is the only thing worth having from subway. and that's just because they're like the only place i now that does it. i could make the rest of their menu from home, and it probably be better quality to.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
meatball marinara is the only thing worth having from subway. and that's just because they're like the only place i now that does it. i could make the rest of their menu from home, and it probably be better quality to.

i make better italian sandwiches in my kitchen than pretty much any place i could reasonably travel to in my area, though my go-to italian joint here has me beat and thats why they are my go-to. subway is so disgusting.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i make better italian sandwiches in my kitchen than pretty much any place i could reasonably travel to in my area, though my go-to italian joint here has me beat and thats why they are my go-to. subway is so disgusting.

there was a italian sandwich place in the city of hull where i lived for a while called maria's run by an old lady. she used to make these steak subs by using this focaccia bread drenched in olive oil and tomato puree. it was the best sandwich i'v ever had. them italians shore know how to make em.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
any place called Maria's has got to be good. Also, that bread sounds delicious. My family is from philadelphia and I am used to some really good pizza and italian food, and the further away I get from Philly the more i see whats wrong with the "italian food" outside of the proximity. What some of you people call pizza is a fucking abomination. Some people literally only know Pizza Hut and Dominoes. I can't do that. I'm already eating only decent pizza, because even though the original recipes at this place are Italian and the place was run by them, it got bought by Greeks which is just how the restaurant business is going in my area these days. Thankfully they maintain the original recipes most of the time. I'm okay with greeks running my italia, but I used to eat at some really great places off the highway going south from the city.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's better than that casserole you people call pizza in Chicago.

A) False
B) You are probably confusing deep dish vs pan vs stuffed
C) Chicago style thin crust is more popular here than any of the above

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
ugh the pizza argument

im sure your pizza is so good madman im sure

buru5

War Room Troll
Fuck all fastfood places. Usually terrible employees who serve old food, at least in my area.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
ugh the pizza argument

im sure your pizza is so good madman im sure

How would you know? Have you been here?

Also, how often is Philadelphia referred to as one of the greatest cities for pizza?

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
shut up bitch im not arguing with your petty ass

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
any place called Maria's has got to be good. Also, that bread sounds delicious. My family is from philadelphia and I am used to some really good pizza and italian food, and the further away I get from Philly the more i see whats wrong with the "italian food" outside of the proximity. What some of you people call pizza is a fucking abomination. Some people literally only know Pizza Hut and Dominoes. I can't do that. I'm already eating only decent pizza, because even though the original recipes at this place are Italian and the place was run by them, it got bought by Greeks which is just how the restaurant business is going in my area these days. Thankfully they maintain the original recipes most of the time. I'm okay with greeks running my italia, but I used to eat at some really great places off the highway going south from the city.

True story: So my aunt, for her birthday this year, asked me to make pizzas in the campfire. Came out pretty good, I'm not gonna lie. So when we get done eating another one of my aunts and a cousin look at look at me, and in all seriousness, proceed to tell me that "it was the best pizza they'd ever had, even better than Pizza Hut". High praise, indeed. I facepalmed.

OT: fuck Subway. They haven't been even ok as a sandwich shop since the early nineties.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
How would you know? Have you been here?

Also, how often is Philadelphia referred to as one of the greatest cities for pizza?

fwiw- philly is a passable pizza town, if only due to its proximity to ny and jersey.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The answer is always: make your own food at home.

If you can't cook, then go take a fucking class and stop making excuses about why you need to eat at shitty fast food joints.