Game Demos that give you something extra

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It seems like every so often a game demo gives you something special when you start up the actual game.

Anybody know what ones do something like that?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's a good consideration for the fans.

Bravely Default is one example I can think of.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The pokemon alpha sapphire and omega ruby have demos that give you some items and a couple of shiny pokemon

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
In Destiny you get a couple special emblems from playing the beta. They're just common emblems so it's kinda poo.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Years ago the Lunar demo for ps1 let you roll your save over to the actual game which was a nice bonus.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Theatrhythm Curtain Call gives you like 10 extra characters to chose from at the outset

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Years ago the Lunar demo for ps1 let you roll your save over to the actual game which was a nice bonus.

Too bad they forgot to tell you not to transfer the ocarina to Nall...some people weren't able to finish the game because of that.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Smash Brothers on the 3DS demo gives you up to 500 coins or something like that. I wish the playtime in the demo factored into the time locked characters. I used the one for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, just sucks you can't use what you get till later in the game.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I remember the demo for Half-Life on the PC was actually a complete story unto itself called Half-Life: Uplink. Not exactly what you are asking for, but it does give you a reason to own the demo even if you already own the game.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
That sounds pretty cool.

I remember the Red Faction demo on my PS2 Jampack disc was completely different from the actual game, to the point that when I got the actual game I returned it because it wasn't nearly as fun as the demo.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
P.T. has given some people crap for their pants.

But on topic, Bravely Default has been one of the best for that. The demo is it's own side story and it transfers some items, gave a nice game-start boost.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I remember there was a demo disc for Ninja Gaiden or somethingon the og Xbox that unlocked some cool costumes in DoA.