GB: PCB Boxes: See Last Post - Shipping...the troubles

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ouch! You got to get back on the phone and have them reverse that charge. You shouldn't have to front the money for their mistake.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I trust they'll fix it. I had an issue with the glue not holding padding for PCB boxes and they just resent the entire order (never asked for any back).

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Mike is having trouble getting on the site right now so he asked me to post this for him

Zenblaster / West / Jeffpin / Adderall - you all are shipped. iirc all were priority so it includes $50 insurance, be sure to document any damage - all should be cool, but something to note.

Westcb - yours is 11lbs, looks like $17 priority to TENN
Travis - yours is 3lbs, looks like $8 priority to GA
Ben - I forget your state - yours is 15lbs - you have a ton of boxes plus the F3 cart, hit me up w/yr zip and i'll get you the number.
Urmyo - got your payment and info yesterday you go out FRIDAY, priority
Shane - yours is 5lbs, which must go priority to CAN...which is crazy expensive. I'm baffled at what these weigh, about 9oz per box, i'm happy to pack the rest of the way and ship...but it's gonna be like $32-35 for 9 boxes...I can absolutely refund you and use them myself - I never thought 9 would weigh that much...let me know...

For shipping, payments - please send to mjmjr25 AT hotmail DOT com as GOODS for the easy shiping label convenience.

Dave and Clifton - we've been in touch and i'll get these last 2 orders out very soon - you both have other stuff so packing is even more creative.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Once orders arrive could someone put some pics up for how these fit? Thanks!

F3 are a great fit - they almost look designed for them, about 1/4" on long sides and 3/8" on short sides:
Spoiler:
f2O1Cj1.jpg

NAMCO could be a tad tigher; 11.5x11.5 would be best, but 12x12 is not bad. About 3/4" on all 4 sides:
Spoiler:
SSN3Mom.jpg

CPS2 we knew were an inch longer than they needed to be, but the width is spot on, about an inch on each end and 1/4" on each side:
Spoiler:
Dzp9Z0s.jpg

Closed view:
Spoiler:
tYNVVNY.jpg

3NSZWMD.jpg

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Mikes having trouble posting with chrome OS again

...and again please...hate chrome OS...

Post the stuff below, please:

If I made it up - it wouldn't be this bad.

Good news - was able to get hold of ULine and they canceled the 2nd order and refunded the $1,000 error. That was good.

Spent 3 hours packing the last packages Wednesday and Thursday. Took them all to the post office this morning. First package she says is "off". I say, "ok, how much?". She tells me it's 7lbs. I tell her it's (5) 10oz boxes - there is no way it's 7lbs. She has her hand on the package while weighing it (which is adding weight). I ask her to take her hand off and she won't because it will fall and she can't see the number if it's lying flat due to size. She then starts measuring all the packages and tells me they need to go at the 20lb rate. I tell her, "no, it's length plus girth - they are not over 108 inches" (Kalessin's was and I paid the 20lb rate on that from home, the rest were not). Long story short - and literally, keeping this short as I was there an HOUR dealing with this woman. She refused to add the postage needed on some of these - she gave me the option to take them back home and print new labels (not an option as most labels were now 24-48 hours old and likely not eligible for refund) or she would mark them postage due. PLEASE pay the difference when they arrive and message me - i'll paypal you that difference. Again - there was so much more frustration (or hilarity, depending on your view) during this hour that would take me 20 minutes to type out. Absolute insanity with this woman. Also - these all have insurance so please be attentive to any damage, etc. Please pm me if you have any specific questions...

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I picked up my boxes yesterday and made some fancy labels for them. They are pretty nice quality boxes. Just a word of warning though; since the CPS2 boxes are just slightly too narrow to hold the A+B board together, if you slide it up toward the flap you will minimize cracking/creasing of the box. Big thanks to Mike and Tom on this group buy!
IMAG1232.jpgIMAG1233.jpgIMAG1234.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I picked up my boxes yesterday and made some fancy labels for them. They are pretty nice quality boxes. Just a word of warning though; since the CPS2 boxes are just slightly too narrow to hold the A+B board together, if you slide it up toward the flap you will minimize cracking/creasing of the box. Big thanks to Mike and Tom on this group buy!

View attachment 19796View attachment 19797View attachment 19798

Those look great, how involved is the label making process? What did you print them on and where did you get the labels is what I'm really asking :-)

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I just make templates for them in mspaint, and print them out on legal size label paper. The CPS2 boxes actually use 2 labels, as even legal size paper wasn't big enough. I use a regular inkjet printer, and you can find the labels on Amazon.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Dang, I know I saw some text-only labels on Southtown that I was going to get done up, they were suggesting printing on Tabloid (11x17), I figured I could run them through one of those "We make anything into a label!" machines...

But those are SICK looking, great idea. I love it, nicely done man.

I ordered extra boxes for my A Board(s) since I only have 1 with another on the way, figured that'll fit better.

Westcb

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Got mine today, they were ok for the most part, the red ones were beat up a little but I'm not real anal about stuff like that. Cps1 small A boards fit in the red ones like a glove, I even took my old POW board and it fit great in the cps2 box as well. I guess now I need to get foam and labels to finish these up right. Thanks again for helping me get these.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413667402.176388.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413667417.128257.jpg

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Got my boxes and F3 cart a couple of days ago. Everything is in great condition!

HUGE thanks to mjmjr25 for this buy and putting up with all the box shipping logistics.

Westcb

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I went over to Walmart (hah) and got a roll of foam in the arts/crafts section, here are some different types of boards with the foam in.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414880591.931245.jpgcontraImageUploadedByTapatalk1414880608.349438.jpgraiden fightersImageUploadedByTapatalk1414880629.367354.jpgmr driller G.sImageUploadedByTapatalk1414880688.823162.jpgstrikers 1945
Everything fits nice and snug and the board will not slide around with the foam in. Now I still need to figure out how to make those labels, or... Someone make them and sell them to me :-)

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As nice as that foam looks, it's totally not anti-stat, which means you risk it building up a charge and eventually/potentially zapping one of your boards. Not a happy thought :( If you want to go super simple, crumpled up paper makes for fine anti-stat padding.
-ud

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just wanted to give a huge thanks to Mike for putting this together. The cps2 boxes are awesome.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
As nice as that foam looks, it's totally not anti-stat, which means you risk it building up a charge and eventually/potentially zapping one of your boards. Not a happy thought :( If you want to go super simple, crumpled up paper makes for fine anti-stat padding.
-ud
Uline also sells the black boxes with pink anti-static foam. That's what I use for pcbs. They come out to about $15 per box.

Westcb

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah I realize my foam is not antistatic, boards will be in anti static bags. As you may already know... Pink antistatic foam will have to be bagged as it is not protection by itself.

I've never known any manufacturer to double bag their electronics. You simply make a choice what you want to protect against. If you want to prevent the bag from building up a charge, you use the pink stuff (or paper, as I mentioned). If you want the bag to protect against an ESD hit, you use the foil stuff. And even if you were to "double bag," that has zero bearing on the electrical potential of that whole double bagged mass (the whole thing could be sitting at 2000V). And ironically, most people don't even consider the danger of zapping it when they reach in to pull it out of the bag.

The easiest way to ensure that you don't zap some sensitive component on your board when you touch it is to first touch the GND pins on the JAMMA edge (or some other big ground point on the board) before touching anything else on the board. That puts your body and the board at the same electrical potential. Then when you go to plug your board in, you again (while holding onto some ground point on your board) first touch some ground point on the system you are plugging into before inserting the board. That is the safe way to transfer sensitive electronics from storage to service.
-ud