Give me some help with the various Street Fighter versions, please

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
Okay, I am in the process of trying to get most of my Street Fighter arcade collection completed. The problem, of course, is that this is a rather expensive hobby and its taking for freaking ever. :)

So, I decided that as a stop gap I would just snatch up a few copies of the games on console to tide me over and there seems to be about a billion versions.

So, please enlighten me as to which versions are best and which are cheap cash ins and which are glitchy pos. The games I am most interested in are Alpha 2 and 3, SFIII 3S, MvC2, and CvS2.

Thanks for your time.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just get SF:AC for PS2 and SFA3 for PS1 and you have the best.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Just get SF:AC for PS2 and SFA3 for PS1 and you have the best.
No love for Alpha Collection for PS2?
The versions seem spot on there except for not having movelists on the pause screen.

Or do you just have a weird love for the world tour mode?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
No love for Alpha Collection for PS2?
The versions seem spot on there except for not having movelists on the pause screen.

Or do you just have a weird love for the world tour mode?

I didn't even know Alpha Collection was released for PS2. :emb:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
I didn't even know Alpha Collection was released for PS2. :emb:
s'okay.

It's a pretty good collection for what it's worth. Though some prefer the Japanese version.
I'm happy with the US version though. :)
Pick it up if you get a chance. My only gripe is that Dan isn't easily selectable in Alpha 1 like he is in the PC version.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
s'okay.

It's a pretty good collection for what it's worth. Though some prefer the Japanese version.
I'm happy with the US version though. :)
Pick it up if you get a chance. My only gripe is that Dan isn't easily selectable in Alpha 1 like he is in the PC version.

In SFA2 do they give you the option of picking the SF2 move-sets for Ryu and Bison and stuff like in the Saturn version?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
In SFA2 do they give you the option of picking the SF2 move-sets for Ryu and Bison and stuff like in the Saturn version?
Shure do! Ryu, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, M. Bison, and Zangief all have SF2 versions when you hit start over the character portrait.
"Evil" Ryu appears when you press Start X3. And Shin Akuma when you press Start x5.

In Alpha 2 Gold you select Cammy when you hold over M.Bison and press Start x3, I think.

I usually only play Alpha 2 Gold over Alpha 2. But it's just preference.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Shure do! Ryu, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, M. Bison, and Zangief all have SF2 versions when you hit start over the character portrait.
"Evil" Ryu appears when you press Start X3. And Shin Akuma when you press Start x5.

In Alpha 2 Gold you select Cammy when you hold over M.Bison and press Start x3, I think.

I usually only play Alpha 2 Gold over Alpha 2. But it's just preference.

Nevermind. All that's for Alpha 2 Gold.
Only Alternate Chun-Li and Shin Akuma in Alpha 2. Though I could swear "Evil" Ryu is in there.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Nevermind. All that's for Alpha 2 Gold.
Only Alternate Chun-Li and Shin Akuma in Alpha 2. Though I could swear "Evil" Ryu is in there.

Still cool though, SF2 Bison rocks the house.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Definitely get the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and SNK vs. Capcom 2 for the Xbox. Or, you could get those and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology all together for the PS2.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
What version of Zero 3 is on the collection?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
To be honest that was my favorite part of SFA3. :emb:

Agreed. Now I only really play Alpha 2 Gold, which is easily the best of the series.

Now I just gotta wait for Capcom Classics 2 for Speed Rumbler & Varth, then my retro gaming will be complete!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
For Ps2 pick up...
Street Fighter Alpha collection
Street Fighter Aniversary collection
Capcom VS SNK 2

and then you'll have the meat of what you want. You'll have Super 2 Turbo, 3rd strike and all the Alphas. As for MvC2 Go with the DC version. The ps2 version has shit audio and since it's uncommon it costs WAY too much money than what it's worth.

If you want a decent fighter you can also pick up Capcom Fighting Allstars. I thought it was good for a laugh though most likely because of the overused line of...
"Nothing's more american than GI Joe fighting a dinosaurs"
:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: