Go see Hot Fuzz!!!!

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I saw it. It was definitely funny and I enjoyed it, but I have to say that I was a bit disappointed.

It's the same style and jokes as Shaun of the Dead. It's like I saw the same movie twice. Plus, for a comedy I felt it was way too long.

One other thing, and this is something that I said about Shaun of the Dead as well. It seems like these guys parody something so much that at times it ceases to be a parody. For instance, when Timothy Dalton and Angel were having the car chase. That wasn't really that funny. It was just a typical action sequence. There were a lot of moments like that in the movie. It ceases to be a parody and actually becomes the genre.

It's a good movie though. Definitely worth seeing. There were some very funny moments, just not enough of them. LOL@Kicking the old lady in the face.

I really want to see the Ping Pong movie, and 28 Weeks Later.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Loller...

Classic episode of Spaced AppleiDog... Res Evil one
:buttrock: get in... My ex bird stole the whole series boxset on her way out.

Rumour I hear is a series 3 is planned, not sure if that would work now ?

"Big Nothing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488085/
I wasn't sure but being a slow rental release date last week
gave it a shot...

Not bad... Go on... :D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
IMTheWalrus said:
I saw it. It was definitely funny and I enjoyed it, but I have to say that I was a bit disappointed.

It's the same style and jokes as Shaun of the Dead. It's like I saw the same movie twice. Plus, for a comedy I felt it was way too long.

One other thing, and this is something that I said about Shaun of the Dead as well. It seems like these guys parody something so much that at times it ceases to be a parody. For instance, when Timothy Dalton and Angel were having the car chase. That wasn't really that funny. It was just a typical action sequence. There were a lot of moments like that in the movie. It ceases to be a parody and actually becomes the genre.

It's a good movie though. Definitely worth seeing. There were some very funny moments, just not enough of them. LOL@Kicking the old lady in the face.

I really want to see the Ping Pong movie, and 28 Weeks Later.
I can what you are talking about, I disagree with it completely, but I get it. I think they used the time rather well to make it as ridiculous as possible. The final action sequence was similar to zombies breaking into the bar in Shaun, it is where it all just goes to hell (not in terms of quality) and batshit crazy.

I could not have predicted that plot twist at all though. That was really clever.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
i disagree too...i think those scenes like the car chase make it even funnier.

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
I still like SotD better overall because it has better pacing & editing.
Allot of the first half of Hot Fuzz might as well be cut out of the movie as theres not much going on.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
just saw it last night, thought it was hilairous. definetly worth it.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
OrochiEddie said:
I can what you are talking about, I disagree with it completely, but I get it. I think they used the time rather well to make it as ridiculous as possible. The final action sequence was similar to zombies breaking into the bar in Shaun, it is where it all just goes to hell (not in terms of quality) and batshit crazy.

I could not have predicted that plot twist at all though. That was really clever.

Oh, well the final action sequence with the constant violence was definitely funny, and you could tell it was complete parody. Best part of the movie. I'm referring to the fairly plain action sequences that did little more than advance the plot. That's just what action movies do.

My point is that at times the movie gets a little too serious for its own good. It strays from being a parody. It's a well made movie, and I liked it, but I just think it's far from perfect.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
IMTheWalrus said:
Oh, well the final action sequence with the constant violence was definitely funny, and you could tell it was complete parody. Best part of the movie. I'm referring to the fairly plain action sequences that did little more than advance the plot. That's just what action movies do.

My point is that at times the movie gets a little too serious for its own good. It strays from being a parody. It's a well made movie, and I liked it, but I just think it's far from perfect.

I think that's part of the genius. There are lots of call forwards in this movie, such as the bad Shakespearean actor speaking of 'homage,' then the latter 1/3 of the movie consists entirely of action and drama sequences lifted directly from action movie cliches.

Personally I found it wildly entertaining. It has equal blends of mystery, comedy, and action, I wasn't bored for a single minute, watched the movie from beginning to end, even paused it a few times to catch a few details that were shown on screen all too briefly before the camera panned away.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Yeah I nabbed this DVD over the weekend. A definate keeper. I love how they go from watching the action movies and talking about the scenes to living them out in the final sequence lol.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
bokmeow said:
I think that's part of the genius. There are lots of call forwards in this movie, such as the bad Shakespearean actor speaking of 'homage,' then the latter 1/3 of the movie consists entirely of action and drama sequences lifted directly from action movie cliches.

Personally I found it wildly entertaining. It has equal blends of mystery, comedy, and action, I wasn't bored for a single minute, watched the movie from beginning to end, even paused it a few times to catch a few details that were shown on screen all too briefly before the camera panned away.

Stop necroing Bok. kthanxbai. :D

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Fantastic movie. I went in with high hopes and wasnt disappointed these guys do great work and I look forward to their next film

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Best part of the movie was when the church spire fell on the guy's head.

In a crowded theater, I was the only one laughing at it. And I was laughing really hard.

Or maybe the best part of the movie was when the fat guy imitates Point Break...that may have had me in tears.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The swan in the backseat of the car is the best part.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I saw the trailer for 'Run Fat Boy Run' at the cinema and it looks a giggle.

I liked Hot Fuzz, but preferred Shaun I think ... hmm might put the dvd on gain though.

I can't believe that they 'hid' cate blanchet!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
LoneSage said:
Best part of the movie was when the church spire fell on the guy's head.

In a crowded theater, I was the only one laughing at it. And I was laughing really hard.

Or maybe the best part of the movie was when the fat guy imitates Point Break...that may have had me in tears.

You and I both.

Ludicrous bloody splatter action always has me in stitches.