Good "challenging" Aes fighter

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I find MotW easy but only with Marco and Rock, I always get beaten to the ground with other charas. Never really bothered to learn them.

Agree, Grant and Kain are easy with Rock.... not so much with B. Jenet thou

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
How does waku waku 7 fair in the challenge stakes, i really like the look of this game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For a "challenging" fighter, just get Rage of the Dragons and try to beat the last boss. Either that or KOF 99.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
id say aof 2 all the way ,some time i can get to about the 4th person on one credit and other times i totally get kained on the 1st or 2nd person.

also no matter what tips i take on board i get my ass kicked on sam sho 2 after about the 3rd person on the standard difficulty setting.

guess im just shit!:crying:

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
I know I'm not spectacular at fighters, but well, Fuck World Heroes 2. I know all the moves and I'm a decent player, but you just hit the wall in that game and theres nothing you can do to get around it.

At the very least, it's a fun, goofy diversion. Cheap, too.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Im hoping someone can recommend me a good fighting game for the neo which is actually challenging to play the cpu.
Play AOF2 on level 8 (in arcade mode), or on Hard level at 130% speed (in AES mode). Try to beat it at Geese, without losing a round or credit, playing freestyle(not taking advantage of weaknesses in the game engine) and without having John Crawley's sunglasses knocked off.
Beat KOF95 (with the weakest team u can make up), on level 8 without losing a round or continuing.
Beat SS2 on level 8 without losing a round or continuing.
Beat Last Blade or Last Blade 2, without losing a round or continuing, and without using the "continue service" to make things easier.
Beat FFS on level 8, and beat the secret character Ryo without losing a round or continuing.
Beat Fighter's History Dynamite, on level 8, without losing a round or continuing, and beat the secret character Ox at the end.
On the SNES, beat SF2 Turbo on level 8, on speed level 11(ten stars), without losing a round or continuing, and using the code that stops u using special moves.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
For a "challenging" fighter, just get Rage of the Dragons and try to beat the last boss. Either that or KOF 99.

Johan is not very difficult to beat if you know how to do it, specially with a projectile chara. Place yourself a screen length away from him, throw projectile, let him zoom through it, then jumping kick, low sweep, back out to position one, repeat, dead.

He's very cheap so I don't have a prob using cheap techniques against him.

And about KoF99, well, it all depends on your performance against the first form. Try not to jump or throw projectiles, he'll memorize your fave moves and use them against you in his 2nd form. Rule of thumb: Let him close in to you, don't close in to him.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
Play AOF2 on level 8 (in arcade mode), or on Hard level at 130% speed (in AES mode). Try to beat it at Geese, without losing a round or credit, playing freestyle(not taking advantage of weaknesses in the game engine) and without having John Crawley's sunglasses knocked off.
Beat KOF95 (with the weakest team u can make up), on level 8 without losing a round or continuing.
Beat SS2 on level 8 without losing a round or continuing.
Beat Last Blade or Last Blade 2, without losing a round or continuing, and without using the "continue service" to make things easier.
Beat FFS on level 8, and beat the secret character Ryo without losing a round or continuing.
Beat Fighter's History Dynamite, on level 8, without losing a round or continuing, and beat the secret character Ox at the end.
On the SNES, beat SF2 Turbo on level 8, on speed level 11(ten stars), without losing a round or continuing, and using the code that stops u using special moves.

Ive actually beat last blade without losing a round,continuing, or using a special move, the only button needed is hard slash , all on level 8

Ive done exactly the same on matrimelee but using hard kick instead, until the last boss which needs rolll and hard punch

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
How does waku waku 7 fair in the challenge stakes, i really like the look of this game.

Well I'd say it's pretty easy, and I suck at fighting games too. Fun game though, I wouldn't let the lack of difficulty hold you back from getting it.

draculaxxx

n00b
You should really give Art Of Fighting 2 a go if you want a challenge. I find that game incredibly hard and i can barely get past one guy!

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
AOF 2 is just insane, i never found a way to actually be any good against the CPU without playing cheap. All other neo games are reasonably fair in 1p against CPU mode, but the older games are always unforgiving i think. Without practise, you will for example never 1cc FFS. Try some SSF2turbo on the highest difficulty on CPS2, that's pretty hard too.

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
AoF 2 is one of hardest fighting games + good and price is cheap.

AoF 1 minigames are great:D! Great games both.

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
Fatal Fury 3. As well as being remarkably difficult, it is also among the system's most underrated fighting games.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
How does waku waku 7 stand in the difficulty department?
Very very easy compared to most. I think it's one of the more enjoyable Neo fighters, but it's probably in the easiest 10% of them.

So is MotW easy?

Last Blade 1 and 2 are pretty simple for me on Level 4. but Sam Sho 2 for some reason works me over.
I think MotW is very easy. Agreed on the LB and Samsho games, too.

I really like freeman in motw, I've finished it with him pretty easily.
No shit, me too. I've never seen anyone else go for Freeman, but he's the only character that I can use to easily make it to Grant without dying.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3. As well as being remarkably difficult, it is also among the system's most underrated fighting games.

This.
Three bosses in the game depending on how well you do throughout.
If you get to Chon Rei, you've earned it. Boy and how.