Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
After a week of 80 degree weather, today was 60 and overcast. I almost turned on the heating but decided on a sweater instead.

resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-less-than-65-degrees-in-florida-winter-is-coming-742b46.jpg

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
man today i worked outside in -25 degree celcius (-35 with the windchill) almost froze my face off. Tomorrows forecast is for -35 with a windchill of -47. Only on this day is worked called off lol.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It has snowed all but two days of February. Great skiing! Shame I got my pass yanked for bad behavior.

Sucks dude. I was in Utah in February to ski with my dad. Was a blast. I'm now much more jealous of where you live.

And yes, the roads are pulverized here. I might take some photos tomorrow. Its unreal.

When the melt comes we're getting flooded

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude one day it will be in the 70's and sunny and the next day it's 40 and raining. That's what I get for living in an sub-tropical climate. My window unit goes from heater to A/C sometimes in the same day.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
At least you're not in Winnipeg Manitoba where its going to hit -50 degrees Celsius (-58F).

Apparently that's colder than the surface of fucking Mars.

=(

EVwqO7J.jpg

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
No kidding! I wish y'all had come here instead. Did you get a bunch of fresh snow?

I get my pass back in 8 days

There is this group of 8 brothers that go every year to Salt Lake and they've been going for something like 25 years. Lot of good places, Alta, Snowbird, etc so its got a good value.

I only got three days of skiing (the rest of the group got 6 or so...my dad had 8 since he drove from Illinois and hit up some other spots) because of school commitments. Was my first time on a big mountain and not some 200m hill on the Illinois Wisconsin border.

It was snowing like mad the day we were at Alta, very intense for me, but a really rewarding experience, one of the most surreal birthdays I've ever had.

Next year I'll let you know when/if I go in case you are interested in a road trip to Salt Lake.

Back on topic:

Anyone else just feel this cold is just spirit crushing? It's fucking draining me to see mountains of black polluted snow every day and then have back hurting cold to step out to. It is extra weird since the sun is out for much longer now and so you get an extra hour of sunlight to enjoy the worst scenery. Winter in the city is a drag, all the snow looks rancid after two days, I hate it. I wonder if the heavily frozen great lakes is going to result in a cool summer.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Anyone else just feel this cold is just spirit crushing?

Yep. The only thing keeping me remotely sane is the occasional game of hockey, and I can only do that a couple times a week depending on when rinks are open.

I should have gone snowboarding last weekend but the winds were just too strong. I don't snowboard nearly as much as I should because I wait for ideal conditions that almost never happen.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It's suppose to rain tomorrow night and all through Saturday in Metro Phoenix, where it's been in the high 80's and mostly 70's the past month. The current streak of no rain should end at 70 days and after the storm moves out, we should be back into the 80's again by mid week.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
going to be -20 f here tonight in MN. Again. And yes, I've been saying this is the worst winter ever and even the old ass people I talk to about have agreed

This winter SUCKS assholes. Super fucking cold and guess what? Now its snowing!!! More to pile on top of the other snow we can't get rid of since it hasn't been more than 10 degrees here the last few weeks. My father-in-law is coming to visit tonight, and he's from San Francisco.... He's going to hate this shit.

Marek

Banned
There is this group of 8 brothers that go every year to Salt Lake and they've been going for something like 25 years. Lot of good places, Alta, Snowbird, etc so its got a good value.

I only got three days of skiing (the rest of the group got 6 or so...my dad had 8 since he drove from Illinois and hit up some other spots) because of school commitments. Was my first time on a big mountain and not some 200m hill on the Illinois Wisconsin border.

It was snowing like mad the day we were at Alta, very intense for me, but a really rewarding experience, one of the most surreal birthdays I've ever had.

Next year I'll let you know when/if I go in case you are interested in a road trip to Salt Lake,

That's awesome. Storm skiing is possibly my favorite thing I have ever done. It's why I still live where I do. 4130 vertical feet of tram access. This is gonna be a long week.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
The Midwest will never forget...

Blizzard_of_1978.png

The old timers don't have shit on this many cold days, but in Ohio, they still win the pissing match with entire blocks of houses buried in snow drifts.

Blizzard1978-TrulyTruck.jpg

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's been raining off and on for a couple days now in Los Angeles. Finally. It's been so dry here. This time of year is our rainy season, and not getting a drop in January was scary.

Our weather has been fair, if not pretty warm, for this time of year. We're usually chilly, but not cold. We've had too many high 70s and low 80s days, coupled with no rain.

My only glimpse at the polar vortex was a few days in Denver/Colorado Springs at the beginning of the month. Stepped on the plane at 70F in LA and stepped off at -11F in Denver. I haven't been in cold that severe... in... maybe never.

The odd thing was, it didn't feel that bad for the first minute or two. I was grabbing a rental car and was browsing my choices on the lot when the timer for my body's tolerance hit zero and I scrambled into the nearest Charger.

Later that night a group of us walked two blocks down to Tejon in Colorado Springs to get a bite to eat. The cold was intense. I didn't hate it... Especially knowing I'd be leaving in four days and I wouldn't have to see the snow turn into muddy slush and ice chunks that would still be lingering long into the spring.

The one thing I heard over and over again: This just never happens... The area couldn't handle that intense amount of snow and cold they saw this year, and it hasn't gotten any better in the weeks since. The weekend I left, flights out of COS were delayed due to freezing fog for multiple days. I had a friend stuck in Colorado Springs for three additional days until he could finally get out. It was a mess.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
10 day forecast has one day above freezing...and that day they anticipate more snow.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How often does it rain where you people live? A few times a month? It hasn't rained but twice since September, no exaggeration.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
It's going to be 50 F here today, supposedly. We've been very lucky these past few weeks. Only had the occasional dusting. Tonight, that will change. We're supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow and ice between now and Monday. There's a very good possibility I could be stuck in the town I work at with no way to get home tomorrow morning.

Jon

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I can finally say it....

Lousy Smarch weather...

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Snow again on Monday and Wednesday. I've broken two shovels already. Salt is sold out everywhere. It's ridiculous. I still can't park on my side of the street because it never got plowed and keeps refreezing into this 4-6" ice sheet.

Tired of this bullshit.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
We're supposed to have freezing rain tonight. No way I'm going to class/leaving the house monday morning if the roads are bad. I fucking hate this weather.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
How often does it rain where you people live? A few times a month? It hasn't rained but twice since September, no exaggeration.

I live in AZ, and it's rained more than that here.