Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I know I don't have a choice but I'm not sure how much more I can take of this shit before I lose my fucking mind.

This has been, without a doubt, the worst winter I can remember...and by a long shot.

With record breaking days below zero, record breaking number of days spent below freezing and now record breaking snow...this has been 13+ weeks of frozen hell...and it just won't stop. Tomorrow's high is 7 with lows well below 0. This weekend's forecast is for yet another massive snow storm that's set to drop another 15"+ more snow on us...holy fuck! when will it stop? The previous record was 53" of snow and we've already smashed that with more on the way...

In my area there is literally never been a winter this bad in our recorded history...it been so bad that it will quickly shut-up the "back when I was a kid, it was always like this" morons who spout off every time things get shitty...can't get any worse than "record breaking" now can you?

It's amazing how miserable and pissed people are right now...months of being caged up in their houses because of dangerously cold wind temps and endless snow storms...I think everyone has just had enough.

Last edited:

landsharkzero

New Challenger
Good god...I know I don't have a choice but I'm not sure how much more I can take of this shit before I lose my fucking mind.

This has been, without a doubt, the worst winter I can remember...and by a long shot.

With record breaking days below zero, record breaking number of days spent below freezing and now record breaking snow...this has been 13+ weeks of frozen hell???and it just won't stop. Tomorrow's night is fucking 7 with lows well below 0. This weekend's forecast is for yet another massive snow storm that's set to drop another 15"+ more snow on us...holy fuck! when will it stop? The previous record was 53" of snow and we've already smashed that with more on the way...

In my area there is literally never been a winter this bad in our recorded history...it been so bad that it will quickly shut-up the "back when I was a kid, it was always like this" morons who spout off every time things get shitty...can't get any worse than "record breaking" now can you?

It's amazing how miserable and pissed people are right now...months of being caged up in their houses because of dangerously cold wind terms and endless snow storms...I think everyone has just had enough.

You must be in the same area as me. It is ridiculous already. Meteorological Spring is supposed to start Saturday...Yeah right!!! I don't remember a winter that has been this bad either.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Good god...I know I don't have a choice but I'm not sure how much more I can take of this shit before I lose my fucking mind.

With record breaking days below zero, record breaking number of days spent below freezing
I don't want to rub your nose in this, but our weather here has almost been too hot. It's been high 60s-low 70s for weeks now. Even now after 8pm, it's still pretty comfortable short sleeve temperature outside. We're getting a little rain now (finally) but even that is pretty warm.

Okay, maybe I wasn't being honest with myself about not wanting to rub your nose in it.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It snowed here where I live. In Florida.

That was enough to prove to me that this was a messed up winter.

Sent from my Nexus 7

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You must be in the same area as me. It is ridiculous already. Meteorological Spring is supposed to start Saturday...Yeah right!!! I don't remember a winter that has been this bad either.

Yeah...we're not even slated to hit freezing+ for the near future (10 day outlook)...the news of the giant snow storm Sat night-Mon morning finally put me over the edge...I can't recall the last time I've had to get somewhere through so many blizzards. My kid's school has missed so much school due to the weather since the beginning of Dec that they're going to have to apply to the state under the "act of God" clause so they won't be going until late June+.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
for the first time in my life i was afraid of smog. supposedly, january 2013 was worse, but this past week where everyday was smog, the sun was blotted out, i felt an ounce of fear for my health. first time the school didn't let the kids do morning and afternoon exercises outside, either. i never even talk about smog because it's so played out and annoying, but it really was that bad here the past week.

today is gorgeous, though. the fuck is up with this weather. the rest of winter was fine, too, just real cold.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I hear ya smoke. It just won't end, and it started getting cold early on too. I figured we'd be fortunate to have an early spring, but no it just won't quit. Those three days last week above freezing felt like summer. 40 degrees and I feel like I'm sweating.

Last I read the great majority of the great lakes is frozen which hasn't happened in a long time. I wonder if the heavily frozen lakes will cool our summer too.

All the snow has also made the roads totally fucked. Potholes the size of sinkholes everywhere here in the city. My suspension is dying a slow terrible death

My girlfriend was saying that in Indiana they've more or less stated that they have run out of salt for the roads...so best of luck driving.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I don't want to rub your nose in this, but our weather here has almost been too hot. It's been high 60s-low 70s for weeks now. Even now after 8pm, it's still pretty comfortable short sleeve temperature outside. We're getting a little rain now (finally) but even that is pretty warm.

Okay, maybe I wasn't being honest with myself about not wanting to rub your nose in it.

Yeah...I have family in Cali. You guys have had some seriously high temps and crazy drought.

We, on the other hand, are fucked with a capital "F". We are sitting on so much piled snow many places have ran out of places to store it...and it just won't melt. Our ground is frozen 12-24" at that point so when the thaw/rain does come...were in for some serious flooding too...

With as wet as last spring was (record breaking rainfall last April)...if the precip continues this year, were screwed.

landsharkzero

New Challenger
Yeah...we're not even slated to hit freezing+ for the near future (10 day outlook)...the news of the giant snow storm Sat night-Mon morning finally put me over the edge...I can't recall the last time I've had to get somewhere through so many blizzards. My kid's school has missed so much school due to the weather since the beginning of Dec that they're going to have to apply to the state under the "act of God" clause so they won't be going until late June+.

Wow...I think my son has at least 4 make up days. I think it stops after 5 from what I heard or maybe it's like what you said. Are you in the Chicago area?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
for the first time in my life i was afraid of smog. supposedly, january 2013 was worse, but this past week where everyday was smog, the sun was blotted out, i felt an ounce of fear for my health. first time the school didn't let the kids do morning and afternoon exercises outside, either. i never even talk about smog because it's so played out and annoying, but it really was that bad here the past week.

today is gorgeous, though. the fuck is up with this weather. the rest of winter was fine, too, just real cold.

I've seen pictures of that smog...it's insanity.

I hear ya smoke. It just won't end, and it started getting cold early on too. I figured we'd be fortunate to have an early spring, but no it just won't quit. Those three days last week above freezing felt like summer. 40 degrees and I feel like I'm sweating.

My girlfriend was saying that in Indiana they've more or less stated that they have run out of salt for the roads...so best of luck driving.

Yup...basically the same thing here. Most places have given up and the roads have been BAD. This Monday, we had a whopper of an ice/snow storm come through, they didn't even roll plows until it was done. We closed down the company and I headed home around 1PM...my 4x4 saved my ass, the roads were awful.

What amazing is the amount of road damage this winter...the few times the sun has had enough warmth to heat the roads (yeah, 10F + late Feb sun = steamy pavements), the potholes and places where the roads are crumbling are crazy. The road in my neighborhood is demolished in places. Again, truck with good ground clearance = winning.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow...I think my son has at least 4 make up days. I think it stops after 5 from what I heard or maybe it's like what you said. Are you in the Chicago area?

A few hours south of Chicago...but I do have to head up there for a class Tue-Fri so let's hope the roads are clear by that point.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Things not too much better here in Connecticut. We haven't had the cold lasting as long as you guys in the midwest, but we also just have snow/ice everywhere and the roads are destroyed. You need to drive 10 feet out in front of your car to prevent killing your suspension.

And worst thing is we finally got a thaw maybe a week ago, all that did was A) put out melt puddles which are now super slick spots to drive on and B) allow water into smaller cracks & holes which has now all refrozen solid and now just needs to all be ripped up. This year is going to be BAD for trying to get asphault work done.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
We got some snow in PA, but most of it melted, so that's a plus.

The only problem I'm looking at is Sunday, where I'll be in NYC around 7 p.m. Hopefully, the snow will hold off until 12:30-1 a.m. before I get home.

Smoke, I hope that we don't get any snow either. It's nice that it keeps the scum bag customers away, but it attracts the crazy fucks, which could also be scum bags!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

Even if what is happening in the east happened here in CA, my dad would still still "Well, back in my day...."

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
At least you're not in Winnipeg Manitoba where its going to hit -50 degrees Celsius (-58F).

Apparently that's colder than the surface of fucking Mars.

=(

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
going to be -20 f here tonight in MN. Again. And yes, I've been saying this is the worst winter ever and even the old ass people I talk to about have agreed

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
At least you're not in Winnipeg Manitoba where its going to hit -50 degrees Celsius (-58F).

=(

That's bat-shit insanity right there…no thanks.

Where I live, we'll hit 0 and 100F in one year…but days with temps below 0 are rare (possibly 10-15 a year tops) and average Nov-Feb snowfall is around 20". This time last year, we were at 5'. This year, we're above 53".

I like to think I can handle where I live. Sure, things get uncomfortable at 0 or 100 but there's plenty of time spent in-between those two. It is intentional that I do not live in a place that will hit 125F or like you stated, -50F. I chose not to live in places that get months of sub freezing weather and 50"+ of snow in a 4 month period. This is why this winter has been so shitty…I'm just not used to this shit.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
According to the news, there's another round of snow coming to CT later this week. Just going to have to grin and bear it.

SSS

neo retired
Snow in the PNW is some of the funniest shit you'll ever see on the roads. The first sign of white on the ground, drivers stop their cars and stare at the sky in horror. some of the bumper sticker coexist Subaru folks drink too much of the AWD kool aid and drive like twats. The guy in his prius is parking in the middle of I-5 with cars behind him to get out and clean his windshield.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
its supposed to rain this weekend in San Diego... and I just washed my car ;(

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
It sucks over here too. Not too cold or anything but it's been raining pretty much every day since November. Apparently more on the way, major flooding in some parts, just feckin miserable. Having said that, I can see a patch of blue sky today so gonna go outside in the 20 minutes or so before the heavens open again.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
We have so far avoided any big storms here in Pittsburgh, most days with snow have been 1-2 inches at a time. Worst day was 4-5". Yet somehow we've still piled up a top 10 worst winter for snowfall with 60+ inches and counting this season. It just seems like it is snowing three times a week. This past weekend was warm enough to finally melt most of the snow on the ground which was good, but it looks like we're getting more going into this weekend.

Like you said, just getting tiring. I'm hoping it will turn a corner by mid March, I wanted to grill out instead of be cooped up inside for St. Pat's.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It sucks over here too. Not too cold or anything but it's been raining pretty much every day since November. Apparently more on the way, major flooding in some parts, just feckin miserable. Having said that, I can see a patch of blue sky today so gonna go outside in the 20 minutes or so before the heavens open again.

Man...you guys have it hard over there in GB...I've seen some of the stories and pics.

It won't be anything like what you guys are going through (well...maybe) but we're on the Illinois River south of Chicago. When they get hammered with rain, we flood, big time. If this thaw coincides with some heavy spring rains like last year...we are in for some serious shit.

We have so far avoided any big storms here in Pittsburgh, most days with snow have been 1-2 inches at a time. Worst day was 4-5". Yet somehow we've still piled up a top 10 worst winter for snowfall with 60+ inches and counting this season. It just seems like it is snowing three times a week. This past weekend was warm enough to finally melt most of the snow on the ground which was good, but it looks like we're getting more going into this weekend.

Like you said, just getting tiring. I'm hoping it will turn a corner by mid March, I wanted to grill out instead of be cooped up inside for St. Pat's.

Yeah...we haven't set snowfall records buy gut-buster 12-18" storms...it's been 2-3" or 4-5" over and over and over again. This time of year, we don't just get snow, we get freezing rain first, THEN snow. Our last two storm i the past 10 days have been this way and it is freaking dangerous when that happens.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.

=(

Lowest it's gotten here in my part of Indiana is about -30 or so. It's fucking ridiculous.

Marek

Banned
It has snowed all but two days of February. Great skiing! Shame I got my pass yanked for bad behavior.