Good SNES controllers you can buy now?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Anybody have any insight into good SNES controllers you can get right now? All of the original controllers I have are pretty worn out. I would like to get something new, but it just seems like there's a lot of junk out there...

Has anybody tried any of the currently available ones? Any recommendations?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Anybody have any insight into good SNES controllers you can get right now? All of the original controllers I have are pretty worn out. I would like to get something new, but it just seems like there's a lot of junk out there...

Has anybody tried any of the currently available ones? Any recommendations?

I would also like to know. My pad and buttons are mushy.

The wireless options work great (8bitdo 2.4 ghz), but I'd like a wired controller that isn't fucked.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'd imagine your best bet is to find some old first party ones that have shells that are not in the nicest condition, but the rubber membranes are still OK, and then swap them out in your own pad.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I appreciate the suggestion, but that... sounds like a massive pain in the ass. Also, generally speaking, the condition of the shell is a great indicator of the condition of the insides. At this point, I imagine you're going to have to pay a premium on any kind of original hardware too.

I did read an Amazon review on the 8bitdo SNES receiver saying that it works with the SNES controllers Nintendo made for Switch. I've got a couple of those lying around. I wonder how much lag there is?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I might have some spare sfc or snes controllers

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm a fan of the 8bitdo 2.4ghz controllers. The ones you can buy now aren't quite as good as the old ones, but still solid and I like them better than any third party pad I've tried or my well worn original pads.

Replacing the membranes in the controller is pretty easy, but when I've tried the ones for SNES they are way too stiff. I'd only use them if a controller was straight up broken. Maybe someday someone will make some better ones.