Got my cabs from Yaton, my experience.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
A couple months ago I ordered 2 astro city cabs from Yaton. I recieved the cabs a few days ago and they were well packed. They arrived in shipping crates and the cabs were wrapped in foam and bubble wrap, they were very well protected. They were definitely the cabs he promised me as shown in the pictures before I purchased them. Absolutely no shipping damage to the cabs so I was pleased, now onto the actual condition of the cabs. Fired them up and both monitors were waaaay out of adjustment. No big deal, I got them dialed in and they actually have a decent picture. One monitor has some slight burn in on the top of it, the other has 0 burn in to my surprise. I'm overall pleased with the condition of the monitors. The cabs themselves were filthy as some people here had warned me about. They have also clearly have been painted and not that well I might add lol. They don't look horrible, however there are some areas you can tell there was clearly too much paint applied on the side and it ran a little. I can live with how they look though, On to the controls. The buttons and sticks are shit, (as I expected) no big deal as I planned on putting all new control parts cause I'm anal about my controls. Both of them came with all their doors and keys and the wiring is in good shape. There is no kick harness wiring in either cab however so I need to find some. Overall condition of the cabs is acceptable IMO as there are no chunks or gouges taken out of the cabinets and they arrived fully working. I'm fine with my purchase but if you want really nice turn key cabs THESE ARE NOT IT. Was not expecting anything stellar. Just wanted working cabs and Yaton delivered. Thought I would just share my experience since I know others on here have been searching for candy cabs. If you don't want to do anything to your cabs when you get them these are not for you and I would avoid. If you don't mind tinkering and doing some cleaning/ restoring then these are fine. Pics incoming in the next post.

PS. Where can I get CPS2 kick harness adapters and wiring. These are original astros not new astros.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Congrats man, cant wait to see the pics. How much did you pay? Was it shipped to your door or did you pick it up at the port?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Congrats man, cant wait to see the pics. How much did you pay? Was it shipped to your door or did you pick it up at the port?

I paid 600 per cab so 1200 total. Shipping was 1000 to my door so not cheap. As you are aware of though candy cabs are not available in WA state, they are very hard to come by.

edit, Also my Photobucket is being retarded right now trying to get pics uploaded here.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Welp, My photo bucket is not letting me add images direct so click on the link above to see my photo album.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
A couple months ago I ordered 2 astro city cabs from Yaton. I recieved the cabs a few days ago and they were well packed. They arrived in shipping crates and the cabs were wrapped in foam and bubble wrap, they were very well protected. They were definitely the cabs he promised me as shown in the pictures before I purchased them. Absolutely no shipping damage to the cabs so I was pleased, now onto the actual condition of the cabs. Fired them up and both monitors were waaaay out of adjustment. No big deal, I got them dialed in and they actually have a decent picture. One monitor has some slight burn in on the top of it, the other has 0 burn in to my surprise. I'm overall pleased with the condition of the monitors. The cabs themselves were filthy as some people here had warned me about. They have also clearly have been painted and not that well I might add lol. They don't look horrible, however there are some areas you can tell there was clearly too much paint applied on the side and it ran a little. I can live with how they look though, On to the controls. The buttons and sticks are shit, (as I expected) no big deal as I planned on putting all new control parts cause I'm anal about my controls. Both of them came with all their doors and keys and the wiring is in good shape. There is no kick harness wiring in either cab however so I need to find some. Overall condition of the cabs is acceptable IMO as there are no chunks or gouges taken out of the cabinets and they arrived fully working. I'm fine with my purchase but if you want really nice turn key cabs THESE ARE NOT IT. Was not expecting anything stellar. Just wanted working cabs and Yaton delivered. Thought I would just share my experience since I know others on here have been searching for candy cabs. If you don't want to do anything to your cabs when you get them these are not for you and I would avoid. If you don't mind tinkering and doing some cleaning/ restoring then these are fine. Pics incoming in the next post.

PS. Where can I get CPS2 kick harness adapters and wiring. These are original astros not new astros.

Nice write up! Congrats on the cabs :)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cabs look good to me, glad to see things worked out ok!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Very nice scoops man. I’m glad they made it to you safely. Have fun with them!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Xian Xi usually has kick harnesses but he may be backed up order wise. Couldn't hurt to check Jamma Nation X.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That's a bit high on the Astro. At least yours came out fine w/ minimum burn in....I got screwed over by Koun Cheung w/ a nasty burn-in.

Lemony doesn't psot here anymore but he's on facebook. You should ask him for your cable needs.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Quick pic look and they seem rather decent for something from Yaton. Honestly was expecting far worse cosmetics. My Yaton pick ups have always worked fine but weren't pretty but were pretty dirty. That woulda made me hesitate to grab cabs from him, but good to see it worked out fine for you.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Looks good! Good to know when I am ready to get one.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is Yaton the Arcade Infinity guy? It's been such a long time, I forget who is who.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Thanks for sharing. These looks pretty good. Good luck with them.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
thanks for all the feedback guys! I knew it was a gamble when I went in. I know others have had horrible dealings with Yaton so I am in no way endorsing him. Buy at your own risk, I just wanted to share how my deal turned out. These cabs are non existent in WA state and in years of hunting never saw a single one for sale in working condition. I was hard up so I bit the bullet lol.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The question is never is it a deal? Location, demand and all that BS affects the cost.

The question that matters is are you happy? It sounds like a yes to me!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Congrats! Looks better than what I had envisioned.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
thanks for all the feedback guys! I knew it was a gamble when I went in. I know others have had horrible dealings with Yaton so I am in no way endorsing him. Buy at your own risk, I just wanted to share how my deal turned out. These cabs are non existent in WA state and in years of hunting never saw a single one for sale in working condition. I was hard up so I bit the bullet lol.

I dealt with Yaton quite a bit 5+ years ago. Any time there was a problem he fixed it - refund, credit, or replacement - no questions asked. Glad to hear he's still delivering.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
The question is never is it a deal? Location, demand and all that BS affects the cost.

The question that matters is are you happy? It sounds like a yes to me!

Yes, I am happy and at the end of the day thats all that matters.B

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
very jealous. I always go back and forth on getting a candy, and these make me wonder even more.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
If they made cereal or tampon boxes that big........

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Nice, dude! Just saw your post. Grats on the purchase! These look like fun projects for sure!

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Nice, dude! Just saw your post. Grats on the purchase! These look like fun projects for sure!

for sure man! I'm having fun getting these things tuned how I want them. I've worked on plenty of U.S. arcades so nothing I can't handle.

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
That's a bit high on the Astro. At least yours came out fine w/ minimum burn in....I got screwed over by Koun Cheung w/ a nasty burn-in.

Lemony doesn't psot here anymore but he's on facebook. You should ask him for your cable needs.

600 is high on an Astro?! In 2020?! Get the fuck out of here.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
600 is high on an Astro?! In 2020?! Get the fuck out of here.

Shut the fuckup faggit, he paid $1100 each total. If he only bought one, im sure the shipping would have been $650, which would have been $1250. That was the same price Yaton quoted me for a New Net City. $1100 is a bit high for something you have no idea what you're getting. All turned out fine, so all is good.