Group Buy: Alvicius.com Neo Geo X adapter group buy

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hate to break it to you Pope, but NGX is real hardware... It's not real Neo-Geo hardware, but it is hardware.

But this SD card that segaklon is trying to hawk looks like it was printed by chimps.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
TMOSteel said:
So right now we are short three adapters, so the last three (brentsg, Techno and xan_NEOGEO_fan) will have to wait until I hear back from Alvicius.
Urgh - just swell. If someone in our group is unable to pay for their card, let me know and I'll pay you in a jiffy.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Don't worry guys, we'll get everything sorted out. Things like this happen unfortunately.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I had an issue with some games with my adapters as well. Namely, Aero Fighters 2 and 3 had sound issues, and I couldn't get Baseball Stars Pro to work at all. I have no idea if it's the roms or not, roms aren't generally my thing.

If it was the adapter it would affect all games on the card. Try downloading a working set from another site. I can tell you from personal experience that there are some bad Neo game roms out there. In fact, test them in MAME first.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Got an email from Alvicius about the three bad adapters, got to give them props for a prompt response and they are going to cover the cost of return shipping and make sure to test the three replacements.

I shipped them out today before I came into work so hopefully they get them soon and the turnaround is just as fast.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you for all of your attention to getting this organized and taking care of the problems!

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thank you for all of your attention to getting this organized and taking care of the problems!

No problem Tehcno, I'm glad everything is working out.

Update:

Mailers came in so I'll be invoicing the first 5 people tonight when I get to work. As soon as I have the final 5th payment I'll get them to the post office and then work on the rest of you guys.

Just asking you to bear with me this weekend as its my anniversary and my wife and I have plans, thanks.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I had enough free time to finish packing all the adapters and invoicing everyone so please check your email if you haven't yet paid (thanks to everyone who already has).

So the only ones I haven't are brentsg, Techno and xan_NEOGEO_fan, who are waiting for the replacements from Alvicius.

If I get everyone's payment tonight I can head to the post office tomorrow.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Payment sent, sorry for holding up the shipping guys!

You didn't hold anything up my friend, so don't worry about it.

I'm going to work on printing up shipping labels and postage tonight and do my best to get these out to you guys tomorrow. I'll post an update with my progress later.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
All cards have shipped, you guys should have received the tracking information from PayPal, if not please PM me. I'll post feedback for everybody as soon as I'm back tomorrow, and would appreciate you guys doing the same when receive them.

Once the three replacements are in I'll get those out to the rest of you.

Enjoy your weekend guys and thanks again for being part of the group buy.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Working on posted that feedback for you guys, had to send an email to Rot as the site doesn't seem to like the URL for this thread for the transaction. I hope it won't just allow deals from the Selling section only, which seems silly, but it could just be me.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rot was cool enough to move this thread over so I can post feedback for everybody (thanks Rot!). There's a limit to how many I can leave in a day so I'll get to everybody eventually.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good news :D :

Hi again Michael,

I have received the adaptor and confirmed the don't work properly, so 3 new ones will be sent!.

I think tomorrow or friday i get the trackings and will sent them to you.

Best regards,

Juan,

Alvicius.

So we should have the last three adapters soon.

Some of you should have received your adapters yesterday from the USPS, and from the tracking information the rest should be there shortly.

Don't forget to leave feedback when you get a chance.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for keeping on top of things TMO - can't wait to get mine. Is it fairly easy to setup and run? Are instructions available?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for keeping on top of things TMO - can't wait to get mine. Is it fairly easy to setup and run? Are instructions available?

There is actually a link on the Alvicius.com web site with instructions on how to use the card, the necessary software, etc. And if I can figure it out, trust me, anybody can.