GTA V next gen opinion?

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Well dudes.Who here has been banging away on gtaV xbox 1 or ps4?What's the quality like?Waiting on the pc version is a balls kick..

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
It's impressive, but I haven't played enough of it to form a concrete opinion.

Maybe around ten hours played with 15% completion, and I haven't even touched online yet.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Cheers Magician.I haven't looked forward to a release like this in years.How is the first person view control method holding up?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Well dudes.Who here has been banging away on gtaV xbox 1 or ps4?What's the quality like?Waiting on the pc version is a balls kick..

I snagged it on PS4 but have barely touched it. The graphical difference from when I played on 360 is much more than I expected. It feels like they actually spent some time on it instead of giving it a quick once over. I'll let you know if I get a chance to spend some decent time with it. Work always gets crazy during the holidays, so my GTA time may be very limited :(

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Even though I have a PS4, I never use it. These days when I actually play a game, it's on the PC. So will most likely get it for the PC.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Seems like a cash run by Rockstar. What's wrong with 360/PS3 and what's so different and right about PS4/Xbone versions?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's a vast visual improvement. And the first person mode makes it feel kinda new.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I'm playing it mostly in 1st person, gunfights is easier in 1st person. 1st person driving can be an adventure and raises difficulty, but as soon as you get used to it, it's a blast to play. I really never get fully immersed in any of the GTA games until next gen GTA5, to me 1st person mode is a game changer in this series

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Ok so I have finally made the jump and picked up the following PS4 package.

2ujmfz6.jpg

Got it all for £350 over here in the UK.

I have been on the fence for a while but now there are a good few games to keep me interested. I also wanted the white PS4 so a great deal!

The iceing on the cake is that I paid for the entire package with some vouchers that I got free from work so overall the entire PS4 package cost me £0 in real money ;)

Anyway back to GTA 5. After playing for an hour the game looks stunning, a big improvement in all details. Im amazed that an open world game can looks this good!

One question I have to those that own the game.....are you able to play the game in first person mode but have the camera always default to 3rd person while driving as I want to play the game on foot in first person but drive in third person view without having to always change the view which can become annoying. I looked through the options but I dont think you can but wanted to ask anyway.

Also those of you with PS4's please feel free to add me, my PSN is JamieJC666.

See you online!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Not a cash-in. Much better graphics, first-person is playable for the entire thing, and you get new weapons and a murder mystery if you're upgrading from a last-gen version.

It's quite impressive.