Halo 2 posts $125 million in first day sales.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Congratulations to both Bungie and Microsoft.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
pfff, that's nothing, I make that in ... like... 476 years.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Yes once again we have proven to game companies that if they hype a game, and do little to nothing to improve on the original we will still buy the games. Truly a victory for unoriginality. Who needs to make the game different when you can release the same game and slap a 2 on the end of the title.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Industry analysts suspect that Halo 2 would've posted a 25-35% larger sales figure, had the game shipped with an ending.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think its a bit weird to be congratulating microsoft, I mean who give a fuck if they made more money?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
kobylka68 said:
Yes once again we have proven to game companies that if they hype a game, and do little to nothing to improve on the original we will still buy the games. Truly a victory for unoriginality. Who needs to make the game different when you can release the same game and slap a 2 on the end of the title.

Yes, you are right, Halo2 should have been a date-sim.

DevilRedeemed said:
I think its a bit weird to be congratulating microsoft, I mean who give a fuck if they made more money?

It's not about money, it is about how successful their product is.

Last edited:

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Mushiki said:
Yes, you are right, Halo2 should have been a date-sim.

I don't think anyone has yet to tap the dating-sim/FPS game genre. It could be worth millions

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
It's not about money, it is about how successful their product is.

and? who gives a fuck?

edit: it all equates to money anyway, how does it not?

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
kobylka68 said:

It worked for KOF and Street Fighter.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
kobylka68 said:

There are shitloads of improvements. Go play the game.
Mushiki's retort works.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Some people respect game developers and even admire their work.

Microsoft should thus be congratulated? yes....

I edited my initial comment - success equals money in any case

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Meh .... 3 years of uber-hyping will do wonders. I'm confident that Metroid Prime 2 will be a much better game.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I had money on the special edition, but so many people are dogging it
that I'm rethinking putting the money on the DS.

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Jesus Christ, no piece of entertainment deserves that much money except First Folio. The video-game industry is the absolute, dead-last, don't-even-try-it entity that should be biatching about piracy; it makes more money than some countries.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
Meh .... 3 years of uber-hyping will do wonders. I'm confident that Metroid Prime 2 will be a much better game.

Haha, yes, your avatar says it all.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
galfordo said:

I'd be pumped about this game too if it was not for the crazy nausea I feel when playing the first part, and quite a few of other Gamecube games (but not PS2 for some rason). fuck.. I'm stuck in '92.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
I'd be pumped about this game too if it was not for the crazy nausea I feel when playing the first part, and quite a few of other Gamecube games (but not PS2 for some rason). fuck.. I'm stuck in '92.

Funny - the PS2's 3d games make me feel sick, but I guess it's because they can't pump out frames like the GC or XBox...

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
galfordo said:

I think as far as a single player experience it will be, but you have to remember that a big part of halo 2's popularity right now has to do with the multiplayer, something mP2 will not even come close to matching.

Matt

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Pretty nice. I think Bungie got what they've deserved. They've been the little overlooked developers for way too long. All that work they've done since Marathon is finally paying off.

It's still neat to see how much of their old stuff builds into what we see here. Even when it comes to packaging (with the A.I. intercepts and message booklet) screams of the kind of communications Bungie always loved to do.

Of course, you don't make this kind of money with a first game in the series, so it does say wonders about the success of Halo 1.

Still, it's apparent (playing Halo 2) that Bungie wants even more power, in the future. They wanted to make it play with all the non-restrictions of a movie editor, so they did everything they could to make loading non-existant during the campaign. It does make for certain split-second pop ups at beginning of certain scenes (not there if you have a modified xbox with this on the HD), but it is still impressive how it can jump from one locale to a totally different locale, instantly. Whereas in Halo 1, you had a 10+ second load wait to accomplish the same thing.