Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Haven't been able to stop spinning Urd in the last year and a half. Good stuff.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is what I've been listening to at the moment. Created by A group of talented Australians.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I can't get into Spear of Longinus. If it wasn't for there imagery no one would give a shit.

The drummer used to play in this band which is much better. Great live too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Circus Maximus Nine
Hypocrisy A Taste of Extreme Divinity and End of Disclosure
Warrel Dane Solo Album
Ashes of Ares (Barlow & Nevermore guys)
Iced Earth Plagues of Babylon
Deicide In the mind of evil and Legion (still the best deicide album)
Desultory Counting our scars
Dismember Death Metal
Bathory Twilight of the Gods
Kreator Phantom Antichrist and Hordes of Chaos

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I feel old. I can't relate to that track at all. The vocals are buried in the mix, and the guitars sound like a wall of noise. The beginning was nice and the chord progression itself was pretty cool, though.

SSS

neo retired
Do all of these bands record on the same 1980's radio shack tape deck? Or is studio time with decent production not corpse paint metal enough?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The vocals are buried in the mix, and the guitars sound like a wall of noise. The beginning was nice and the chord progression itself was pretty cool, though.

It wouldn't feel the same if every plucked note, chord sung or drum hit was crystal clear and produced to perfection. And I guess that's what this sort of music and black metal in particular is all about; dem feels. It's about the intent and reasoning behind the music that makes it so powerful for me. But each to their own. To really get into explaining it is taking too much away from it. You either feel it or you don't.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It wouldn't feel the same if every plucked note, chord sung or drum hit was crystal clear and produced to perfection. And I guess that's what this sort of music and black metal in particular is all about; dem feels. It's about the intent and reasoning behind the music that makes it so powerful for me. But each to their own. To really get into explaining it is taking too much away from it. You either feel it or you don't.

I'm not sure if I buy the reasoning that explanation would take away from it, especially if you're remarking on its powerful intent and reasoning. If that's the case, you're saying that the piece doesn't hold up to musical scrutiny.

But yeah, this is like the weird atonal shit from the early 20th century, or avant garde stuff people are doing today. It's purposely making the music sound displeasing to give it an identity. Most people won't feel that track.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's about the intent and reasoning behind the music that makes it so powerful for me. But each to their own. To really get into explaining it is taking too much away from it. You either feel it or you don't.

I stand by this, music is subjective. Also, this sort of music would exist with or without any sort of consensus of appreciation. I know that comes off as elite, but it is elite.

Most people won't feel that track.

I'm cool with that.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey Kahlua, yah or nay? I know it's no Soilwork.