Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
if you dig Agalloch check out Novembre - Classica and October Tide both albums

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This thread isn't only for extreme metal, though.

But yeah, GWAR sucks.

Indeed Gwar is rather lame. IMHO, most of the stuff I see posted here is a wannabe far cry from the new wave of black metal, it's like they want to be Mayhem and Rotting Christ but they're more Mayhem than anything else thus the suckage.

Most of the stuff from Late and F4U57 is just uggh!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hey Kahlua, yah or nay? I know it's no Soilwork.

I enjoyed the soundscapes. It sounds like they tried to crowbar a song in the middle of it, but when it stopped trying to do that I enjoyed it again. I REALLY liked the part at 13:20. Those multitracked delays sounded really fucking cool. It then gets into a heavy song section which ruins it for me. The production and vocals just sound awful and out of place. I get that that's part of the whole appeal, but when they're doing things that sound good that don't require great production (like soundscapes or clean multitracked delays), it sounds really good.

The music itself is interesting and there's a lot of other cool ideas going on, but there's nothing cohesive about it, and that's something I really like to have in music. That's why I don't listen to a lot of music that changes tempo and rhythms every other measure. Doesn't make it bad. Just not my thing.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Some pretty cool instrumental pieces from Bulb:

Scar Symmetry is probably my idea of the perfect band. Christian is the best vocalist I've ever heard, and Per is an amazing guitarist.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Kreator, Death and Paradise Lost have never failed me, not even with all the exploration that each group has gone through, it's amazing that I just happen to love it all! I couldn't say the same thing about the rest, not even my favorites, not Maiden, not Metallica, not Judas, not Anthrax, not Rotting Christ, not Dismember, etc. I'm just glad they exist.

Reflection note: It could be due to the lack of the American Riff, the most disgusting piece of shit disease that happened to metal, apart from Mayhem of course.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Foreman of Jewish Tunnels
20 Year Member
I may have posted about these guys some years back, don't remember, not going to go through pages and pages of this thread to find out.

GENGHIS TRON. Fucking beautiful music, I don't really get into sub-genre classifications, but you could consider them "cybergrind", Grindcore with a lot of electronic bits.

Unfortunately they are not currently active, been that way a few years now IIRC. Their 2nd full-length wasn't nearly as good as the 1st either, it's a shame, but what they made, I've listened to for years and years and still enjoy it. I hadn't even heard of these guys until a friend's band opened for them in a small venue in AL waaaay back in 2006.

Enough talk, here's Genghis Tron.

I have about half of their releases on 33 LP. One day I will get the rest, probably at great expense, low print runs, etc.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I wouldn't call that beautiful music, but that's just me. I'm feelin' more Industrial than Grindcore, too...

Portuguese Folk / Black Metal.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Never heard of Bulb before, but if Wes likes them, he may enjoy this:

Also this band is growing on me...at the moment these kids have more raw skill (than talent for song writing) but they have their moments...pretty fun guitar solo at around 3:09.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I really like heavy/thrash and some black/death metal, in no particular order: kreator, sodom, destruction, tankard, exodus, old metallica, megadeth, slayer, anthrax, exumer, D.R.I., iron maiden, black sabbath, testament, judas priest, mercyful fate, king diamond, force of evil, mayhem, burzum, morbid angel, emperor, metal church, accept, turbo (Poland), agony (Sweden), krisium, sepultura (with Max), sarcofago...I think you got the idea.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Also this band is growing on me...at the moment these kids have more raw skill (than talent for song writing) but they have their moments...pretty fun guitar solo at around 3:09.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXY0vJH3n6c

Damn, I'm glad I came in here because that sounds like just my kind of thing. Been looking for some new stuff actually. It's so hard to define what I like because there are so many categories. Melodic is definitely important because I like to have some music, not just 'noise' you know? Someone mentioned Scar Symmetry which is cool. Devildriver, In Flames, Soilwork, and Children of Bodom are pretty heavy but have good tunes. I'm a fan of things like Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Gamma Ray, Dragonforce, and Stratovarius. Lesser known groups would include Ride the Sky, Skyfire, Celesty, Raintime, or Axenstar. To mix things up these groups have a great sound which may or may not classify as metal. Deathstars, Amaranthe, or Van Canto which is an a-capella group that you just gotta hear.

Last edited:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I went to FYE this morning, and they were having a buy 3 get the 4th free on used stuff. Luckily, they were stocked on used newer Megadeth stuff! So I got The System Has Failed, United Abominations, and Endgame. I also got Yngwie Malmsteen's Unleash The Fury. They were $6 to $8 each. Really good :)