Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-445.jpg

old?

I see I was not the only one trolling Imgur today...

PS: Yes it is old.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This one never gets old for me.
meh.ro6636.jpg

Listening to some Morgoth, someone here got me in the mood.
2109.jpg

bsi_anth149.GIF

Last edited:

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire

Been listening to some older stuff a lot these days, especially Death. Symbolic blew my mind when I first heard it in high school. Saw them a few years ago in Orlando when they got a bunch of the old members together for a sort of memorial tour for Chuck Schuldiner, probably one of the best shows I have been to in years.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Been listening to some older stuff a lot these days, especially Death. Symbolic blew my mind when I first heard it in high school. Saw them a few years ago in Orlando when they got a bunch of the old members together for a sort of memorial tour for Chuck Schuldiner, probably one of the best shows I have been to in years.
The actual Symbolic song is amazing, what it says, what it means to Chuck. I have a hard time listening to Death 'cause I get so sentimental about it. I used to hang with Chuck a lot in Winter Park and Casselberry, we used to live in the same neighborhood, played Super Street Fighter on my SNES and smoked a storm. I dunno how familiar you are with the area but rmember the arcade Rocky's next to the Hooters? We used to hang there a lot. Always told him he was a God where I come from but he was just such a genuine humble human being. Chuck produced the first album I ever took part of, of course it was all super cheap production, he was just eager to try shit out with his equipment and my pals place in Kissimme. We used to open for him a lot, he just took us in and we weren't any better than plenty of other bands. Good times with Chuck, when he was working on the Control Denied album I did vocals for a lot of the early demos, before Tim Amar, before Chuck even considered making an album with this style, we were just goofing around. I met him during his Individual Thought of Patterns time, what a mind. I will always miss him.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I used to hang with Chuck a lot in Winter Park and Casselberry, we used to live in the same neighborhood, played Super Street Fighter on my SNES and smoked a storm.

That is very fucking cool.:buttrock:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Been listening to another Russian band....kinda hit or miss with the vocals but this song is a pretty decent headbanger here and there.

Last edited:

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
The actual Symbolic song is amazing, what it says, what it means to Chuck. I have a hard time listening to Death 'cause I get so sentimental about it. I used to hang with Chuck a lot in Winter Park and Casselberry, we used to live in the same neighborhood, played Super Street Fighter on my SNES and smoked a storm....

Wow, I'm usually just a lurker in these boards, but I have to post a "cool story bro", with absolutely no sarcasm.

The first time I heard Death, specifically Pull the Plug, I was blown away. Those riffs are so heavy and the mood they created is of the best horror movie, but in musical form.

Your boy was a big influence, not only in the death metal scene, but music in general. Hell, I was listening to freaking Awolnation the other day and heard a riff in their song "Run" that totally reminded me of Death.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The actual Symbolic song is amazing, what it says, what it means to Chuck. I have a hard time listening to Death 'cause I get so sentimental about it. I used to hang with Chuck a lot in Winter Park and Casselberry, we used to live in the same neighborhood, played Super Street Fighter on my SNES and smoked a storm. I dunno how familiar you are with the area but rmember the arcade Rocky's next to the Hooters? We used to hang there a lot. Always told him he was a God where I come from but he was just such a genuine humble human being. Chuck produced the first album I ever took part of, of course it was all super cheap production, he was just eager to try shit out with his equipment and my pals place in Kissimme. We used to open for him a lot, he just took us in and we weren't any better than plenty of other bands. Good times with Chuck, when he was working on the Control Denied album I did vocals for a lot of the early demos, before Tim Amar, before Chuck even considered making an album with this style, we were just goofing around. I met him during his Individual Thought of Patterns time, what a mind. I will always miss him.

Holy shit, I didn't know any of this. That's fucking awesome, man! Fuck man, we really need to get together for a few beers and talk music, games, and women.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
We need to man, we've been toying with this idea for years now. Don't forget some fighting games, we have to fit that into the equation somewhere.

OH man, when I lived in Orlando there was a strong metal crowd in Tampa and central Florida. I was fortunate enough to be part of this locals that played a lot in a place in Orlando called the Fairbanks Inn, it was a dive but man everyone and their mother that was anything metal played in there. From Malmsteem to Deicide, and then some, I mean the list would be insane. I was just lucky that the circle I was in had friends in the right places, I was involved in all this crazy shit and I always felt way out of my league 'cause I'm no musician, I just loved metal so much back then. We were metal during the roughest time, at least it felt that way but I think that's what made us stick together even more.

My room at home had a slider window/door and at the time I was selling weed (for fun and only for friends) all of the regulars used to knock on the window instead of the front door, it was crazy, the yard didn't have a fence and they would come from a couple streets behind the house, so they would just walk through the backyards , it was my fault, I showed them the damn shortcut. I couldn't even get laid at times, I mean here I am trying to score and I remember Billy Andrews (Death's Drummer during Spiritual Healing and Massacre's From Beyond) going all kinds of crazy 'cause they used to practice near my place and he just wanted to get away. I'm like dude WTF?! I remember smoking with Digiorgio and going nuts talking about Cliff, mounting scenarios of what Metallica could have been and all that horseshit. Daydreaming was a regular activity for me during those days, I used to be into a lot of underground metal at the time, had so many tapes, traded so much music, met so many people.

When I was in Colombia I was used to being cast out due to the heavy religious atmosphere that surrounds South America, this were different times, people used to call metal Musica Satanica or Musica Metalica del Diablo. My transition to metal was a tough commitment, it was different then, I used to have a different mindset too. Like a do or die attitude, you know, that thing that drives you to do anything for something you love. I think that's why all these people took me in, I think I was pretty transparent back then and my face told a story, now couple that with lots of weed and everything just came together, like moth to the flame.

I find it amazing how much things have changed, I'm not that same kid anymore, I don't feel the same way about metal anymore, I love that kid that I was but I also missed out on so many things specially music 'cause I was so focused on the dot that is metal. No regrets though, there's still plenty of time to catch up.

Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Nice to hear that!

Anyone else planning to go to Neurotic Death Fest in april? I'm going, if anyone else is going, let me know.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire

That is fucking awesome; I can't say I ever got to play Street Fighter with a metal legend. It really sucked how it ended for him and one of my regrets was never seeing him live.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's not fair.

I'm sorry, I wrote this big storm, too much, too personal and unnecessary, no need to relive how he left but rather how he lived and still does through his music.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
It's not fair.

I'm sorry, I wrote this big storm, too much, too personal and unnecessary, no need to relive how he left but rather how he lived and still does through his music.

No need to apologize, it is a good story. A lot of people still enjoy the art that he created, myself included.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I meant I edited out the sad parts.

Anyway on a better note; People give me lots of shit for listening to KISS, guess who's a big fan as well? Chuck always monopolized the stereo with Destroyer. First time I met Chuck was during a mutual friend's birthday party. We hit it off from the start 'cause during a random jam he started goofing around with a Black Diamond (KISS I) riff and I jumped in mimicking Paul Stanley's intro to the song. It was bam! "Out on the streets for a living..." I think everybody was booing something fierce, I dunno it was the times (not brutal enough), we didn't care, we were zoned out. Who knew Chuck was serious about doing something along the lines of Heavy Metal? Talk about a guy that recorded everything under the sun, he had so much material, his closet was full of 4 track Dats.

Another cool memory but not about Chuck, I mean sorta. Anyway, I don't know how familiar you guys are with Rob Rock (He's the man!) Not the metallica producer but actually a vocalist who sang for solo acts live Malmsteem and stuff. Well he ended up grabbing one of our guys for the guitar. You won't believe this guy (Rick Renstrom), his hands are all mangled from birth but he can play some serious business, he is such an awesome person. I owe a lot of to him 'cause my days as a vocalist in the US started with him and it was through his friends (John Sparks from Backlash specifically) that I met Chuck.

Rick Renstrom
200907060423_o.jpg

Here's some of the local talent at the time, great pals, another big KISS fan in the lead guitarist, awesome guy. Heavily influenced by Slayer, so if you're not into Thrash don't even bother.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ate a Kuma's Corner in chicago this week. I felt that belonged here.

I had a Pantera, but the Slayer looked amazing.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Anyway on a better note; People give me lots of shit for listening to KISS, guess who's a big fan as well? Chuck always monopolized the stereo with Destroyer.

Kiss rocks, do not care what anyone says! What they did for theatrics in the live show department cannot be denied.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
Kiss rocks, do not care what anyone says! What they did for theatrics in the live show department cannot be denied.

Kiss falls into a category where I am not a huge fan but I certainly respect them as artist and for what they have done for music. I just never got into them for whatever reason.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
What are the opinions on Martin van Drunen's vocals in here? I"m personally a huge fan of his voice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
He used to be the fucking man! Dunno about what he's doing now, but Malleus and Impulse are Pestilence greatest albums. Asphyx is on a whole another level!

I'm an even bigger fan of Peter Tägtgren, Abducted 4LF!!!!

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
He used to be the fucking man! Dunno about what he's doing now, but Malleus and Impulse are Pestilence greatest albums. Asphyx is on a whole another level!

I'm an even bigger fan of Peter Tägtgren, Abducted 4LF!!!!
Right now he's in 3 bands: Hail of Bullets, Asphyx and Grand Supreme Blood Court. Check them out!