HAVE: thousands of names and addresses WANT: monies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
ok so for my current job i have access to thousands and thousands of people names and addresses and every week i get thousands and thousands more.

anyone have any ideas on how i could flip all this data for any money or atleast what type of other businesses would pay for data like this. its already in excel spreadsheets so its in a very usable form.

and before anyone asks, no im not talking about a private companies information on employees or whatever, every one of the names is from public access terminals at local courthouses. so any ideas?:eye:

Marek

Banned
Underpants%20Gnomes.jpg

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
lmao, yeah thats basically the same concept here. i was just thinking about while driving the highway today (i do a few hours of straight driving for work each week) and while i was driving i was thinking about what i could do to do more with these names than i am currently doing

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
If theyre in a publicly accessible place then telemarketers and mail marketing firms probably already have them on their list.

So thats really about the only way. Unless you want to start a pyramid scheme or something.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I don't know which public office you're working for, but chances are, if there were opportunities to make money off of it, they already have.

I got a traffic ticket back in mid February on a Wednesday, and by Monday, I was already getting all these legal firms eager to represent me or give me a free consultation to get my points off.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Nesagwa said:
If theyre in a publicly accessible place then telemarketers and mail marketing firms probably already have them on their list.

So thats really about the only way. Unless you want to start a pyramid scheme or something.

well they are in a publicly acceessible place but they are only accessible at one computer in each courthouse so i dont know if mail marketing firms would send people out to check those terminals. i also dont know how mail marketers work, like do they just mass mail out crap to every address that could exist on a street whether or not they have an actual name and address associated with it.

hope that makes sense:(

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
bokmeow said:
I don't know which public office you're working for, but chances are, if there were opportunities to make money off of it, they already have.

I got a traffic ticket back in mid February on a Wednesday, and by Monday, I was already getting all these legal firms eager to represent me or give me a free consultation to get my points off.

yeah thats exactly what the names are already going towards but i was wondering what else in addition to that exact thing could be possible.

although i liked the idea nes had of a potential pyramid scheme:help:

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
You are the type of scum I can't stand in this life. You want to know what to do with it? Shred it.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Orochi_invisibleink said:
lol, just paying the bills champ:lolz:

hmm... doesn't seem like you're "just paying the bills" to me, since you made this thread asking for advice on how to do so...

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
ki_atsushi said:
hmm... doesn't seem like you're "just paying the bills" to me, since you made this thread asking for advice on how to do so...

the current job is paying the bills, the extra ideas im looking for would be for savings and the like. i hope that answers your question because otherwise im afraid i dont know what you are hinting at

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
This whole thing seems dubious at best to me, and bordering on unethical.

It was probably a situation like this that led to me having so many damn problems with telemarketers. I donated to a charity, and am 99.9% certain the call center for the charity sold my name and particulars, because within a week I was getting daily telemarketing calls, including some from the original charity!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Populous's and Joe's posts happening are freaking me out itt

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
orochi is a douchebag for even making a post like this, and he's a faggot for even considering doing this.

i hope you get your identity stolen and then die in a flaming car wreck.

fucking faggot.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
names and addresses are virtually worthless...

It's other data attached to this information that makes them worth money to marketers.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If you have to resort to trying to sell publicly available information in order to "lol pay the bills" then maybe you would be better off concentrating your efforts on finding a better paying job. It would be better than trying to make a buck off of spamming people that probably already get spammed enough.

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
This message is hidden because DurandalThoth is on your ignore list.

and @ cannonball, i understand you have your panties in a wad for whatever reason but you really dont know me or my situation at all. the only reason i made this thread is because, as stated earlier, i did a lot of driving today and was thinking about how i have all this data and it has to be worth something to someone so i was wondering what could be done with it. if you feel the urge to continue making fun of my financial situation that you know nothing about, and could very well be better than yours, then by all means go right ahead

:rolleyes:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
This message is hidden because DurandalThoth is on your ignore list.

and @ cannonball, i understand you have your panties in a wad for whatever reason but you really dont know me or my situation at all. the only reason i made this thread is because, as stated earlier, i did a lot of driving today and was thinking about how i have all this data and it has to be worth something to someone so i was wondering what could be done with it. if you feel the urge to continue making fun of my financial situation that you know nothing about, and could very well be better than yours, then by all means go right ahead

i'll break your face in half if i ever see you in the world. queer.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

Your financial situation was well established by yourself earlier in the thread. I made no assumptions. I could really care less what you do, just giving some advice. That's what you asked for right?

DJDD

Morden's Lackey
this business practice is unadvised and unethical and is not supported by hillary clinton...ok, maybe it is

now with that out of the way, if you really want some money for these names and addresses, head to the underground. that's all i'm gonna say, otherwise i'll have people after my head :mr_t:

P.S. (if you had SSN's to go along with the names and addresses i know you could get plenty of cash)

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
DJDD said:
this business practice is unadvised and unethical and is not supported by hillary clinton...ok, maybe it is

now with that out of the way, if you really want some money for these names and addresses, head to the underground. that's all i'm gonna say, otherwise i'll have people after my head :mr_t:

P.S. (if you had SSN's to go along with the names and addresses i know you could get plenty of cash)

im not trying to do anything illegal or get anyones identity stolen, maybe i should have made that more clear in the original post

SSS

neo retired
im not trying to do anything illegal or get anyones identity stolen, maybe i should have made that more clear in the original post

it's only fair if these people can send all their junk mail to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.